4 more Quadio titles coming in January 2024! (Titles Announced)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don’t forget (if I have my facts right), that one can create your own bundle of 4 by mixing and matching what you like. At least that’s my understanding.

I listen to every type of music. I don’t want to miss out on anything. I listen to Opera radio programs on Saturdays, and two different Reggae programs on Sundays that last all day into the night.

Yes I’m a Rock person at heart, but there are many definitions of what rock music is, depending on one’s tastes. Also, there are a finite amount of titles that were released in Quad in the’70s. So, it is what it is, and was. I like the sound quality of these Quadio titles and I’m enjoying the music for what it is. In many cases, this is my first purchase of a title in digital form, having not bought the CD stereo versions.

I like plenty of different kinds of things depending not only my mood but the time of the day or night that I’m listening.

What gets me even more excited and buying all of these Quadios besides being titles I like - is the price point. They’ve positioned these in the marketplace where it appears lower cost just to get them all and be done with it.

And I’m dying to start speculating what could be in the next batch but will wait until we’ve all received our current releases.

I've been buying these even though a lot of them aren't albums or genres I care about, and may only listen to them once or twice (I have plenty of rock albums I could say the same of). If for no other reason they are good investments and they should go up in value once they go OOP. I mean there is no guarantee they will go up in value, but all the others have. ;) The smaller the run, the better.

Furthermore, I am glad they are coming out on optical digital discs because that means they will be around for a long time and they will finally be heard the way they were meant to be heard, with the channels well separated and the maximum discreteness. I really do care about these quad albums not being lost to time even if I don't care much about the actual music on them. If you value music itself, you should at least be able to buy into that concept.

I like plenty of different kinds of things depending not only my mood but the time of the day or night that I’m listening.

What gets me even more excited and buying all of these Quadios besides being titles I like - is the price point. They’ve positioned these in the marketplace where it appears lower cost just to get them all and be done with it.

And I’m dying to start speculating what could be in the next batch but will wait until we’ve all received our current releases.
Oh man, I don't want to skip over these and let them have their glory! But......I'm itching to know what the next ones are. lol

Has anyone released Aqualung or War Child of multichannel disc yet?
Dude!
Their entire catalog has gotten the Super Deluxe multichannel treatment through “Broadsword and The Beast” and “Bursting Out” is rumored to be on the way...
Many/most can had quite reasonably…here is my collection of the booksets…and I am not a hardcore fan…
Check Amazon for the recent reissues and Discogs for the others - you will be in multichannel heaven 😇

Attachments

• IMG_0010.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
And by the way, I can see the point of view of Lance7489, I do not like the majority of the titles that has been release from Rhino but money is not a problem for me so probably I will get then all and "maybe" get a selling profit in the future with the ones I dislike. If I was selective, and buy only the ones that I enjoy over and over and money was tight I would only get a few. So, in my book, Lance7489 is right because his opinion matters and deserves respect even if people disagree.

Just my opinion.

Regards to all

Last edited:
2 separate shipping notices for the War and Randy Newman titles respectively.

Hmmm... a little skeptical ..cause that's what had happened with the first batch of releases , I had ordered all 4 and they trickled out at a snail's pace and we all know how that turned out.

Hope I'm wrong.

Thankfully had no issues with the second batch of releases.

Not to perpetuate the debate about release-worthy Quadio titles, but it's also worth pointing out that besides the limited set of album titles that Rhino has rights to, they are also limited to the ones in that set for which the original 4-channel masters still exist and can be located. Sorry to say, but I'm sure the quad masters are missing for many classics, perhaps permanently.

Not to perpetuate the debate about release-worthy Quadio titles, but it's also worth pointing out that besides the limited set of album titles that Rhino has rights to, they are also limited to the ones in that set for which the original 4-channel masters still exist and can be located. Sorry to say, but I'm sure the quad masters are missing for many classics, perhaps permanently.
I've yet to hear of any Warner quad album titles for which the tape masters have gone missing. Some have left due to the rights going elsewhere. And yet others have come home to the Warner's family tape library.

With the last batch, all 4 were shipped my way in two packages. And arrived on the same day in a reasonable time, about two weeks or so after receiving the shifting notice.

The shipping numbers worked to track, but only showed up on the USPO website a few days before delivery. I’ve also had this happen with different other orders of stuff bought on Amazon and eBay as well. No big deal. Just a heads up.

BTW the coupon code still works: CC23WMX10

https://store.rhino.com/en/rhino-store/special-edition-shops/quadio/

My AWB and War discs have shipped...separately.
Maybe they are being shipped via pigeon post. 1 disc per bird.

Let the race across the Atlantic begin 🏁
Hmm, I've been waiting for a chance to order these on the UK store and nothing ever got posted about that. I may be too late now. Certainly nothing showing for these albums.

Back