4 more Quadio titles coming in January 2024! (Titles Announced)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, just a small update on my Bundle #3 and the whole lack of communication from Rhino/shipping. Yes, it's real, far from the end of the world. I don't want to diminish Rhino and the immense joy I get from these Quadios!! That way overshadows any third world problems of adequate communication....but anyway. Here it goes..

To date, I have received all of my Quadios from Rhino in a fair amount of time. Some folks seemingly wait for weeks and weeks, which, I don't understand. That seems to be another topic.
For me, my problem is, I never receive any notifications via email saying when my order has been shipped. Not 1 single time (I'm talking about the Quadio bundles specifically as I do get propaganda emails from Rhino)

Yet, since I have an account with Rhino, I can log in and at least see my order. Never anything about shipped, no tracking, no nothing. As of today, even my first Quadio bundle, order status says "In Progress".

I also have accounts with both USPS and UPS. As a result (at least for USPS) I can see all movement of incoming mail, boxes, etc. Even though I don't receive any notifications from Rhino, I can go to USPS and immediately see the reference to Gnarlywood in one of the shipments. I know this is Rhino stuff. Often the updates on those things is primitive at best. I can't quite understand what is going on. So, I copy that tracking number associated to the Gnarlywood box and pop it into my UPS account. And, boom. I get a bit more specific information about movement. More times that not, I even get an ETA.

Soooo. I reach out to Rhino support and I get the usual canned response, which means, they are really not looking into the issue...just kicking the can down the road. In fact, in the point of Quadio Bundle #3, I have proof that the damn thing shipped and is to some degree, moving through the system (to borrow wording from a typical USPS tracking). Finally, I got a 2nd response from a real person, yet sounded a bit canned. It said, we are looking into why your recent purchase has not shipped. We'll be in touch.

Ugh.

So, I finally get smart and do a screen shot of my USPS & UPS tracking of my Quadio Bundle #3, send a response telling them I know it has shipped and here is the proof.
So, another Rhino person gets involved, she says the ticket has been escalated. They then tell me not receiving shipping/tracking notifications is due to a technical issue and they are looking into resolving it going forward.

Now, I'm not saying they didn't know this all along, but it almost seems like it's "possible" they really had some sort of internal issue and my series of emails finally brought it to their attention with actual screen shots which included tracking, etc. I guess I will surely find out if all this helps clear things up when I get the unannounced Quadio Bundle #4.

Last edited:
Let’s hope Rhino’s shipping issues don’t seriously affect their ability to produce excellent discs. Sadly, I’ve seen how some departments of a company can bring the whole thing crashing down.

OK, just a small update on my Bundle #3 and the whole lack of communication from Rhino/shipping. Yes, it's real, far from the end of the world. I don't want to diminish Rhino and the immense joy I get from these Quadios!! That way overshadows any third world problems of adequate communication....but anyway. Here it goes..

To date, I have received all of my Quadios from Rhino in a fair amount of time. Some folks seemingly wait for weeks and weeks, which, I don't understand. That seems to be another topic.
For me, my problem is, I never receive any notifications via email saying when my order has been shipped. Not 1 single time (I'm talking about the recent Quadio bundles specifically)

Yet, since I have an account with Rhino, I can log in and at least see my order. Never anything about shipped, no tracking, no nothing. As of today, even my first Quadio bundle, order status says "In Progress".

I also have accounts with both USPS and UPS. As a result (at least for USPS) I can see all movement of incoming mail, boxes, etc. Even though I don't receive any notifications from Rhino, I can go to USPS and immediately see the reference to Gnarlywood in one of the shipments. I know this is Rhino stuff. Often the updates on those things is primitive at best. I can't quite understand what is going on. So, I copy that tracking number associated to the Gnarlywood box and pop it into my UPS account. And, boom. I get a bit more specific information about movement. More times that not, I even get an ETA.

Soooo. I reach out to Rhino support and I get the usual canned response, which means, they are really not looking into the issue...just kicking the can down the road. In fact, in the point of Quadio Bundle #3, I have proof that the damn thing shipped and is to some degree, moving through the system (to borrow wording from a typical USPS tracking). Finally, I got a 2nd response from a real person, yet sounded a bit canned. It said, we are looking into why your recent purchase has not shipped. We'll be in touch.

Ugh.

So, I finally get smart and do a screen shot of my USPS & UPS tracking of my Quadio Bundle #3, send a response telling them I know it has shipped and here is the proof.
So, another Rhino person gets involved, she says the ticket has been escalated. They then tell me not receiving shipping/tracking notifications is due to a technical issue and they are looking into resolving it going forward.

Now, I'm not saying they didn't know this all along, but it almost seems like it's "possible" they really had some sort of internal issue and my series of emails finally brought it to their attention with actual screen shots which included tracking, etc. I guess I will surely find out if all this helps clear things up when I guy the unannounced Quadio Bundle #4.
Man! I'm hoping you don't go through what i did with batch #2: I sent them evidence that items had been shipped, and i was told i needed to wait 8 weeks before they could do anything. After waiting patiently for eight weeks, i wrote back. At that point, they agreed the items were lost in transit and sent me replacements! If yours don't arrive soon and all four of mine show up, i'll drive down and We'll crank up your dual subs! Stay Surrounded, Comrade!

Man! I'm hoping you don't go through what i did with batch #2: I sent them evidence that items had been shipped, and i was told i needed to wait 8 weeks before they could do anything. After waiting patiently for eight weeks, i wrote back. At that point, they agreed the items were lost in transit and sent me replacements! If yours don't arrive soon and all four of mine show up, i'll drive down and We'll crank up your dual subs! Stay Surrounded, Comrade!
This doesn’t surprise me at all. I’m guessing they outsourced their shipping and fulfillment to the lowest bidder and as a result we have what we have. Whoever is “in charge” of this mess should be let go. Absolutely no excuse for this kind of cluster in 2024. It’s not rocket science.

Got something from Rhino this morning, but still no Quadios

Attachments

• 20240127_105355.jpg
    20240127_105355.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
Eight days after waking up at 1am to place my order and no shipping info. Multiple emails to Rhino support and platitudes about “unexpected shipping delays” and “patience”. I’ve received quicker service from Dutton Vocalion shipping from the UK to VA. How is this even possible?
Multiple emails? Just curious, when did you start sending inquiry emails

Got my bundle in 3 packages at the same time. 1 week from order to delivery (LA to CO). No tracking, no notifications, no problem. Maybe they're doing it this way to expedite a large number of orders so we can get them asap, or to keep the prices as low as possible.

For me, my problem is, I never receive any notifications via email saying when my order has been shipped. Not 1 single time (I'm talking about the Quadio bundles specifically as I do get propaganda emails from Rhino)

Ugh.

Now, I'm not saying they didn't know this all along, but it almost seems like it's "possible" they really had some sort of internal issue and my series of emails finally brought it to their attention with actual screen shots which included tracking, etc. I guess I will surely find out if all this helps clear things up when I get the unannounced Quadio Bundle #4.
There is or are some things likely that effect the entire shipping & fulfillment organization that we are not privy to. It's something like the person(s) running it have no experience at all, but they are the in-laws of the VP of Marketing WMG worldwide, very high up. So firing them is simply out of the question (it's family, and you just don't do that to family). Or it's something like the big warehouse (where they pack and load) is actually south of San Diego in Mexico to save on costs, and the main office is in California across the border. Most of the crew or staff might speak no English, but they do know the items and titles, and they pack them up and put shipping labels on them, and the truck brings them to the US every other day. So there could be this issue of poor communication from the main office to packing/fulfillment in Mexico (and back). It could be all of the above.

It seems there is something going on and we are not going to know what it is.

Last edited:
There is or are some things likely that effect the entire shipping & fulfillment organization that we are not privy to. It's something like the person(s) running it have no experience at all, but they are the in-laws of the VP of Marketing WMG worldwide, very high up. So firing them is simply out of the question (it's family, and you just don't do that to family). Or it's something like the big warehouse (where they pack and load) is actually south of San Diego in Mexico to save on costs, and the main office is in California across the border. Most of the crew or staff might speak no English, but they do know the items and titles, and they pack them up and put shipping labels on them, and the truck brings them to the US every other day. So there could be this issue of poor communication from the main office to packing/fulfillment in Mexico (and back). It could be all of the above.

It seems there is something going on and we are not going to know what it is.
I 100% agree!

I will receive my first Quadio disk next Monday. "Something" arrived in Champaign/Urbana IL this morning. That means, it will arrive to my post office around 4am next Monday morning. I live 25miles from C/U

Yes but Rhino must be aware of these problems. It must affect more than the Quadios being shipped. Maybe they don't lose enough customers to care?
Their products are superb so there will always be buyers.

On the 19th I ordered the four new Quadios and two, LP-sized, Pretenders CD reissues.

On Tuesday I received 3 shipping notices: for Pretenders; for Newman; and for Evans and AWB; No notice for War.

Today, Saturday, I received 4 packages:
--The Pretenders in a cardboard sleeve put in plastic mailing bag,
--Evans and AWB in CD-sized box put in LP-sized plastic mailing bag,
--War in CD-sized box,
--Newman in CD-sized box.

All from "1 Viper Way, Vista CA 92081", which is Gnarlywood. (Google earth shows me a big warehouse.)

They all look undamaged and they got here pretty quickly, but Gnarlywood has some bizzarly inefficient shipping protocols. The 4 Quadios could have been layered on the Pretenders and all put in one box.

I'm off to fill all 4 of my ears....

Allow me to interject: We've waited PATIENTLY for over 50 years for these Warner/Rhino QUADIOS to come to fruition so what's the BIG DEAL if they're not delivered according to our/your timetables. And not only are they exquisitely presented in 192/24 BD~A with liner notes and LOVE but all the kivetching about what is and/or hasn't been released is downright annoying. We did this to Audio Fidelity, then Dutton Vocalion and NOW to RHINO. Can't anyone realize they release what they want to be released and what is feasible due to either the condition of the original analogue tapes and/or release consent from the artists themselves. PERIOD!

Does anyone ever attack MoFi or ANALOGUE PRODUCTIONS on what they release or don't .... and MoFi for the NOW asking price of $35 for a stereo SACD pre announces releases sometimes YEARS ahead of when they're actually released. And AP...the same! And NO multichannel from MoFi and a scant few from AP!

Let's be patient folks. I likewise NEVER received advance notices of deliveries from RHINO but over time did receive not only my replacement Spinner's disc but Batches 1 & 2 in perfect condition.

When Batch 3 arrives ... IT ARRIVES.

In the meantime, play or watch something else in your collection until the time comes and please stop complaining that RHINO isn't doing their job.

IMO, RHINO has done us ALL a very valuable service by embarking on their renewed QUADIO release program! So less BARK and less Bite ... and let's all just be thankful.

How about the next bundle they send them to us and they can wait to see when they get paid? Sounds fair to me.
Some of the very first cds i bought were from Rhino. Have always had great respect. I don't feel they are the problem but i do feel it is their responsibility to get this shipping situation fixed. We should all have these discs by now.

Jan 19-Placed order w/Rhino for all 4
Jan 25-Received Randy Newman-(USPS 2:27 PM MST)
Jan 25-Got email from Rhino that War, AWB & Gil Evans were shipped (6:30 PM MST); nothing about R Newman
Jan 26-Received War (USPS)
Jan 27-Received Gil Evans & AWB (shipped together in same package-USPS)

Happy to get all 4 (with no broken jewel cases!), but strange the way they ship these and the fragmented shipping notification process.
I was notified by USPS Informed Delivery for all 3 shipments that they were being delivered.
Not complaining...keep them coming!

Allow me to interject: We've waited PATIENTLY for over 50 years for these Warner/Rhino QUADIOS to come to fruition so what's the BIG DEAL if they're not delivered according to our/your timetables. And not only are they exquisitely presented in 192/24 BD~A with liner notes and LOVE but all the kivetching about what is and/or hasn't been released is downright annoying. We did this to Audio Fidelity, then Dutton Vocalion and NOW to RHINO. Can't anyone realize they release what they want to be released and what is feasible due to either the condition of the original analogue tapes and/or release consent from the artists themselves. PERIOD!

Does anyone ever attack MoFi or ANALOGUE PRODUCTIONS on what they release or don't .... and MoFi for the NOW asking price of $35 for a stereo SACD pre announces releases sometimes YEARS ahead of when they're actually released. And AP...the same! And NO multichannel from MoFi and a scant few from AP!

Let's be patient folks. I likewise NEVER received advance notices of deliveries from RHINO but over time did receive not only my replacement Spinner's disc but Batches 1 & 2 in perfect condition.

When Batch 3 arrives ... IT ARRIVES.

In the meantime, play or watch something else in your collection until the time comes and please stop complaining that RHINO isn't doing their job.

IMO, RHINO has done us ALL a very valuable service by embarking on their renewed QUADIO release program! So less BARK and less Bite ... and let's all just be thankful.
Sorry man but I disagree. They’re a for a profit enterprise who’s not doing this for charity or for the love of music and their customer service and shipping sucks. Yes. It sucks. Unacceptable in 2024.

Back