4 more Quadio titles coming in January 2024! (Titles Announced)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I "pre-ordered" from Warner Music Canada. I'm not sure that I saved any money in doing so, but will give them a try this time. I would think that they would show up for sale in the UK as well.

Warner Canada has all the other Quadio's available, Just Gordon Lightfoot "Sundown" is shown on backorder. I wonder if there was more interest in Gord because he is Canadian and was so well known here?

I did as well.
I think they don't ship til Groundhogs Day ,?... at least I think that's what I read.

No rush for me , though . I'll get em when I get em . Now..APRIL ???? What's next ?

I know!! I keep thinking we'll get a couple classic rock titles. That would be sweet...

Maybe ...James Gang Miami ...which is kinda lite rock for James Gang.

I really can't think of any big rock titles left ?

So I hope it's James Taylor Gorilla, or , Jackson Browne Late For The Sky , or 2 of the 3 Joni Mitchell quads.

Or wouldn't it be a treat if they managed to get a "newly minted" quad mix of say , Black Sabbath Black Sabbath.(first album) or Master Of Reality......or perhaps Deep Purple In Rock .? Sure fire killers ...ooooh which reminds me ,
also....Alice Cooper Killer ?

Maybe ...James Gang Miami ...which is kinda lite rock for James Gang.

I really can't think of any big rock titles left ?

So I hope it's James Taylor Gorilla, or , Jackson Browne Late For The Sky , or 2 of the 3 Joni Mitchell quads.

Or wouldn't it be a treat if they managed to get a "newly minted" quad mix of say , Black Sabbath Black Sabbath.(first album) or Master Of Reality......or perhaps Deep Purple In Rock .? Sure fire killers ...ooooh which reminds me ,
also....Alice Cooper Killer ?
"Miami" is for sure not a big rock title. That sucker shipped straight to the cutout bins on release, poor thing.

But I can think of some big rock quad titles. But I'll wait until the current Quadio releases are spinning in homes across the land.

Reactions: GOS
I know!! I keep thinking we'll get a couple classic rock titles. That would be sweet...
We ARE getting some rock in quad. They just had to pace the genres out, and see if that soft rock stuff was going to sell really well, or be a side-attraction or what. I believe that there needs to be 12-16 titles available before they release that kind of title again that shakes the earth on its axis, and freezes up the internet for a few moments while nearly crashing the Rhino online store.
:):love::D:cool:

Last edited:
There was and I’m guessing still is an unreleased Quad that is available for a release. The J Geils Band “Bloodshot” could be released for the first time ever. As was mentioned in another Quadio thread. That title was a fairly popular one in stereo and you don’t get any more Rock than that. At least for the era.

James Gang I would like to see get a release. But yes, I bought it in Quad as a teenager because it was inexpensive in the bargain bin. It grew on me and it’s a good Quad title, even if it’s maybe unknown to some people.

There was a certain amount of titles that came out in Quad in the’70’s. A whole lot yes, but we also know what they are. Not everything is available for release due to rights issues. We know this from the Quadio threads, and other past experiences. Best to enjoy what we can get, while the getting is good.

Please, please, please release the unreleased Quad of Rod Stewart’s “Atlantic Crossing.”

I'm big on Frangelico or Bailey's Irish Cream too, both go really well poured over vanilla ice cream. A desert later in the evening really hits the spot.

My projected day of quadraphonic delivery is this Monday the 29th.

Frangelico (Italian: [franˈdʒɛliko]) is a brand of noisette (flavored with hazelnuts) and herb-flavored liqueur coloured with caramel coloring, which is produced in Canale, Italy. It is 20% alcohol by volume (ABV) or 40 proof. Formerly, it was 24% ABV or 48 proof. When produced by the Barbaro family it was bottled at 28% ABV or 56 proof. The brand was created in 1978.[2] It is known for its unusual packaging; its bottle was designed to look like a Christian friar, complete with a knotted white cord around the waist. It is most commonly sold in two sizes: 750ml and 375ml.

According to the manufacturer, the name of the liqueur is based on a legend of a hermit monk named Fra Angelico who lived in the Piedmont region of Italy and "created unique recipes for liqueurs". The bottle itself most closely resembles the habit of a Franciscan friar.

Frangelico is made in a similar manner to some other nut liqueurs: nuts are crumbled up and combined with cocoa, vanilla berries, and other natural flavors, and then left to soak in the base spirit. After the spirit has absorbed the flavor of the ingredients, the liqueur is filtered, sweetened, and bottled.

NOW comes the guessing game...What's on tap for April ?
April 19th (a Friday) we might expect some action.

I'll take any of the four below, and with that even holding off on Joni, DP's Machine Head, and Eagles (but still not giving up on any of them).

I'd like two out of the four * titles please. But I happen to think that Jackson and Roberta form a sweet paring. Then Rod sits quite well too with them. That means that MJQ might have to wait for another day. Stormbringer has a shitty mastering on a UK DVD, and is not on the table right now anyhoo, and Energized needs to be pared with a Purple quad title (in my mind anyway). That leaves J. Geils Band as the forth title in the bundle(?). I've been visualizing through the quadraphonic crystal ball in my mind and the tea leaves in the kitchen pantry, and I can see these as the prime choices.
These would light up the internet boards alright. You see this covers R&B-ish, Singer-songwriter, Rock, and Pop.

Roberta Flack - Killing Me Softly
MJQ - The Last Concert
Deep Purple - Stormbringer *
Foghat - Energized *
J. Geils Band - Bloodshot *
Rod Stewart - Atlantic Crossing *
Jackson Browne - Late For The Sky

Last edited:
I’m still awake and I can’t sleep. I’m not sure if it’s all over the unknown status of my War Quadio disc or not.

But I didn’t want to take another Ambien tablet tonight. The continued use of that stuff can cause one to have nightmares on the level of the front cover of the “Sabbath Bloody Sabbath” album, and I can’t handle another one of those right now.

Ambien has been linked to parasomnia, a disorder characterized by individuals sleepwalking or performing other tasks while asleep (such as eating, driving, or sex), and nightmares.

I'm big on Frangelico or Bailey's Irish Cream too, both go really well poured over vanilla ice cream. A desert later in the evening really hits the spot.

My projected day of quadraphonic delivery is this Monday the 29th.

Frangelico (Italian: [franˈdʒɛliko]) is a brand of noisette (flavored with hazelnuts) and herb-flavored liqueur coloured with caramel coloring, which is produced in Canale, Italy. It is 20% alcohol by volume (ABV) or 40 proof. Formerly, it was 24% ABV or 48 proof. When produced by the Barbaro family it was bottled at 28% ABV or 56 proof. The brand was created in 1978.[2] It is known for its unusual packaging; its bottle was designed to look like a Christian friar, complete with a knotted white cord around the waist. It is most commonly sold in two sizes: 750ml and 375ml.

According to the manufacturer, the name of the liqueur is based on a legend of a hermit monk named Fra Angelico who lived in the Piedmont region of Italy and "created unique recipes for liqueurs". The bottle itself most closely resembles the habit of a Franciscan friar.

Frangelico is made in a similar manner to some other nut liqueurs: nuts are crumbled up and combined with cocoa, vanilla berries, and other natural flavors, and then left to soak in the base spirit. After the spirit has absorbed the flavor of the ingredients, the liqueur is filtered, sweetened, and bottled.
Try banana liquor, layered with Frangelico, then Baileys all carefully poured in a shot glass. I think it’s called a B52.

That is a canned response. Also, the comment about a confirmation email when it ships honestly is not accurate. Not for everyone. I've ordered all 3 bundles now, never received a shipping confirmation. I have an account with them, my email is accurate (I do get Rhino propaganda emails)
My experience with them is the same! I received my Spinners replacement without any prior notice. Also, I just received notifications yesterday that 3 of the four new bundle have shipped!

Curious how some orders are missing War, while other orders are missing Randy.......Since Iam on the east coast, NJ, Iam still atleast a week away

All is good here as I'll settle for some Doobie Brothers Quadio this morning

Crickets for me too and I ordered 5:30AM 1-19. Same canned reply to email. I guess this was my turn.

Curious how some orders are missing War, while other orders are missing Randy.......Since Iam on the east coast, NJ, Iam still atleast a week away

All is good here as I'll settle for some Doobie Brothers Quadio this morning

I wouldn't worry too much just yet. I got shipping notification from Rhino for two packages, one with Gil & AWB and one with War. I never got a shipping notification for Randy. However USPS informed delivery tells me that I have three packages on the way from Rhino. So I am assuming that Rhino just didn't email me notification for Randy. Fingers crossed.

I don't really think Rhino site is telling you (or me) that it has really shipped. Mine all say shipped, standard mail. Old orders, new orders, etc. As in, you have chosen standard mail...not as in it has really shipped and here is your tracking number.

In fact, all of my orders from Rhino, including orders I received last JULY still say ORDER STATUS: In Progress. lol. Now there is a kick in the pants.
My Rhino account shows the bundle paid for and has a confirmation number. I didn’t use discount code. I have order confirmation, that’s all. No tracking number.

Back