4 more Quadio titles coming in January 2024! (Titles Announced)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be dammed.....
I just came home checked the mail and find a box from Rhino Artists in Vista CA
Inside is Moondance and two of the Quadios Svengali and AWB
No UPS notice
Glad to have them.
I'm missing the other two Quadios I ordered wonder why they are being shipped separately....

Review of Rhino Quadio Batch #3
WAR | Randy Newman | Average White Band | Gil Evans

Watch and see if I mention a favorite engineer or producer! Comment with your further knowledge of anything discussed.

Special thanks to @ForagingRhino and everyone at Rhino Records.

Excellent overview of Batch #3 from RHINO, Mike! Similarly, I was likewise blown away by the current batch! Love that Rhino has released a diverse assortment of Music! Especially happy that The World Is A Ghetto is among these releases ...as you said, a much sought after QUAD title originally on the UMG family of labels!

I'll be dammed.....
I just came home checked the mail and find a box from Rhino Artists in Vista CA
Inside is Moondance and two of the Quadios Svengali and AWB
So what do you think of the quad presentation and mixes of these two?

Excellent overview of Batch #3 from RHINO, Mike! Similarly, I was likewise blown away by the current batch! Love that Rhino has released a diverse assortment of Music! Especially happy that The World Is A Ghetto is among these releases ...as you said, a much sought after QUAD title originally on the UMG family of labels!
I hate to be a nitpicker, but no, the War album on United Artists was distributed by UA/Liberty in the 70s, and had nothing to do with Uni Music for many many decades. And that label design used on the War Quadio looks nothing like a UA label form the quad era. It's a completely different design and should not be stated that Rhino used an original (looking) label for this particular release.

Looks like Quadio thus far is not using the quadraphonic label colors for the Atlantic releases either, but rather the red / green colors of the standard LP design, J. Geils being an exception.

Another night and once again crickets from our friends at Rhino fulfillment. Six days after I woke up at 2am to order these, nary a peep save for platitudes about “patience” and “unexpected shipping delays”. And no Spinners replacement disc either. Won’t make this mistake again.

Thank you for contacting us.

Due to unexpected delays, the processing and shipping of our orders is taking longer than usual.

I am very sorry for this inconvenience, and we are working to get your shipment out as soon as possible,

(You will receive a confirmation email when your order ships.)

I apologize again for the delay and thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,

That is a canned response. Also, the comment about a confirmation email when it ships honestly is not accurate. Not for everyone. I've ordered all 3 bundles now, never received a shipping confirmation. I have an account with them, my email is accurate (I do get Rhino propaganda emails)

That is a canned response. Also, the comment about a confirmation email when it ships honestly is not accurate. Not for everyone. I've ordered all 3 bundles now, never received a shipping confirmation. I have an account with them, my email is accurate (I do get Rhino propaganda emails)
Unfortunately I know it’s from their template. I’ve received a very prompt shipping confirm on every order I’ve placed with them previously (maybe a half dozen or so)) and this order still shows as “in process”. Love the company but I can’t believe their fulfillment ops are this poor. At this point I’m thinking to cancel the order and try again.

The import duty and the high fee for it being collected is why I prefer to buy Quadios from the UK store, or failing that when they don't take something I want I get it from Amazon who pre pay UK import duty. I bought Paranoid from Amazon for that reason. I'm waiting for AWB to appear on Amazon.
It's VAT, not import duties. (Import duty is only due if the total value is > £135.) So it would be the same to implement as US sales tax.

But basically, I agree. Your point is the point I was making. If we could pay VAT up front, there would be no extra charge for it to be paid on receipt, thereby making orders from the UK much more desirable. So if Rhino could put the effort in ,which I suspect is not too much, they would gain customers.

Probably just good fortune, the post office or courier didn't catch it.
I ordered the first bundle and also did not get charged, but I agree, it is just chance. (To be clear, I'm happy to pay the tax, but it would be nice to avoid the fee, which can be higher than the amount of tax paid and goes to a private company.)

I ordered the first bundle and also did not get charged, but I agree, it is just chance. (To be clear, I'm happy to pay the tax, but it would be nice to avoid the fee, which can be higher than the amount of tax paid and goes to a private company.)
There's also the problem the VAT is charged on the value of the goods declared on the customs label on the packaging. It's supposed to be just the value of the goods themselves, but many US sellers just put the total price you paid. So to add insult to injury you often end up paying VAT on the already high shipping fees, as well as the fee to collect the VAT and finally the thing you actually should be paying which is the VAT on the product.

There's also the problem the VAT is charged on the value of the goods declared on the customs label on the packaging. It's supposed to be just the value of the goods themselves, but many US sellers just put the total price you paid. So to add insult to injury you often end up paying VAT on the already high shipping fees, as well as the fee to collect the VAT and finally the thing you actually should be paying which is the VAT on the product.
That does appear to be as it is supposed to be. Tax and customs for goods sent from abroad (It's not 100% clear if VAT should be charged on shipping if the VAT is charged by the seller - you can infer either way. I can see that it is a 'service' and therefore VAT chargeable.)

What's frustrating is that it says "Goods worth £135 or less in total. If you bought the goods yourself and they are not excise goods, the seller will [my emphasis] have included VAT in the total you paid." implying that the seller should be sorting out the VAT. Hence my plea for Rhino to implement.

Just looked on Informed delivery and I have 3 shipments coming from Gnarlywood. Checked one on UPS and it says Friday delivery.
I don't understand why 3 different shipments? ...I ordered all 4 BTW.
Still no notice from Rhino. lol.
Seems like most of us have 3 shipments, myself included (I also found out via informed delivery, no shipping numbers sent to me via email… and I’ve checked my spam a couple of times just to be sure).

I wonder if whatever warehouse/shipping partner Rhino is using had a bunch of them pre-boxed and weren’t informed about the bundle option, and so they just sent out the pre-boxed ones and bundled the last two together.

It is… odd to say the least. Here’s hoping someone at Rhino can smooth it out for the next bundle

Just looked on Informed delivery and I have 3 shipments coming from Gnarlywood. Checked one on UPS and it says Friday delivery.
I don't understand why 3 different shipments? ...I ordered all 4 BTW.
Still no notice from Rhino. lol.
Focus on the positive is what I’d do. Discs are arriving tomorrow. Do you have your fave food and spirits on hand in anticipation of the Quadrarivals coming?
Get ready for some amazing new stuff to play.

Focus on the positive is what I’d do. Discs are arriving tomorrow. Do you have your fave food and spirits on hand in anticipation of the Quadrarivals coming?
Get ready for some amazing new stuff to play.
You betcha'! Ready and waiting. Stocked the liquor cabinet yesterday. lol.

Seems like most of us have 3 shipments, myself included (I also found out via informed delivery, no shipping numbers sent to me via email… and I’ve checked my spam a couple of times just to be sure).

I wonder if whatever warehouse/shipping partner Rhino is using had a bunch of them pre-boxed and weren’t informed about the bundle option, and so they just sent out the pre-boxed ones and bundled the last two together.

It is… odd to say the least. Here’s hoping someone at Rhino can smooth it out for the next bundle
Well the bundle option wasn't up yet when I ordered...I just dropped all 4 in the cart and checked out.

I also don't care how long they take but I do not understand why they just don't open up a pre-order window so they can get a head start with packaging and notifications. It would level out the spike they get when these go on sale.

Back