4 more Quadio titles coming in January 2024! (Titles Announced)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would be great if Rhino could implement the pre-paying of tax for UK (and other non-US countries if that's popular enough). I assume they have to do it by state for the US, so a few more areas on the list to find the relevant tax rate can't be too difficult. If that's a request/ suggestion you can pass on, that would be great. I have recently started using CDJapan after somebody here mentioned they are now set up to pre-pay tax. Paying at this end involves a fee which can be a hassle and also more than the tax due.
So far for the two bundles I haven't paid any UK VAT, not sure if its good fortune or whatever

It would be great if Rhino could implement the pre-paying of tax for UK (and other non-US countries if that's popular enough). I assume they have to do it by state for the US, so a few more areas on the list to find the relevant tax rate can't be too difficult. If that's a request/ suggestion you can pass on, that would be great. I have recently started using CDJapan after somebody here mentioned they are now set up to pre-pay tax. Paying at this end involves a fee which can be a hassle and also more than the tax due.
The import duty and the high fee for it being collected is why I prefer to buy Quadios from the UK store, or failing that when they don't take something I want I get it from Amazon who pre pay UK import duty. I bought Paranoid from Amazon for that reason. I'm waiting for AWB to appear on Amazon.

I received two emails from Rhino. Good Old Boys and The World Is A Ghetto were shipped with different tracking numbers. USPS shows I have
3 packages coming from Gnarlywood. I wonder which of the remaining two discs I will receive.

The movement through UPS/USPS is odd, as per usual. When I check tracking via USPS, Informed Delivery. Yep, there it is. But, doesn't show any activity since it supposedly acquired a label. Yet, I then copy that tracking number, paste it into UPS and I get more detail...and it says ETA of this coming Friday. Which, we all know won't happen. But you know. lol
Below is UPS tracking.

View attachment 100620

Like I said, I won't get it Friday. Now tracking says next Monday. lol

It really seems that ordering early (which we do to support the label) isn’t wise.
Bundle #1 was a mess so I waited a few days on bundle #2. No problems at all.
This time, thinking that they had figured it out, I ordered not right away but earlier.
Lesson learned.
Will wait a lot longer when it comes time to order bundle #4

It really seems that ordering early (which we do to support the label) isn’t wise.
Bundle #1 was a mess so I waited a few days on bundle #2. No problems at all.
This time, thinking that they had figured it out, I ordered not right away but earlier.
Lesson learned.
Will wait a lot longer when it comes time to order bundle #4
This 100%. Did exactly the same as you each time and am in exactly the same boat now with no news save for “unexpected shipping delays” and “be patient”. This can’t be this complicated but for Rhino’s fulfillment company it apparently is…

I've never ordered a full bundle, so maybe those get handled differently. However, when ordering 1 or 2 titles I have always gotten very prompt, reliable service. I ordered Randy Newman's Good Old Boys very early on the first day it was available and it has already shipped - due to arrive in a couple of days. Based on all the chatter I read about shipping problems, it seems pretty random whether your experience is good or bad. You'd think after going through this a few times they would improve on the process a bit more.

Just chiming in that I have no emails from Rhino that any of the discs have shipped. Im sure I will get them but odd and odd that bundles are getting broken up into separate mailings.

This response somewhat mislead me. I did not find this to be a good mix or good material.
which one is this referring to?

edit: oh, i remember now, i was responding to quicksrt's query, that i thought the Average White Band "AWB" Quad was better than The Miracles "Love Crazy" Quad.

I'm trying to find the rhino.com promo code on this thread, I'm sure it was posted but damned if I can find it.

EDIT: Found it, someone posted it as a coupon code which is not something we call them in the UK: CC23WMX10

But it only saves me $2.50, and the $15.99 shipping and handling is very steep for one album. At that price I'll pass, if it ever turns up on Amazon it'll be cheaper.

Last edited:
This 100%. Did exactly the same as you each time and am in exactly the same boat now with no news save for “unexpected shipping delays” and “be patient”. This can’t be this complicated but for Rhino’s fulfillment company it apparently is…
I did get shipping confirmation and 3 tracking numbers so it’s not all bad. My disappointment is with the multiple shipments because that costs me triple in pick up charges from the US shipping Depot that receives them for me.

I received two emails from Rhino. Good Old Boys and The World Is A Ghetto were shipped with different tracking numbers. USPS shows I have
3 packages coming from Gnarlywood. I wonder which of the remaining two discs I will receive.
Maybe both.... right?

LOL, and just like that, I now have 2 additional tracking numbers from Gnarlywood. So, 3 total. Each claims to be 1 pound. The first one that I got couple days ago has reverted to this Friday ETA.

Man, when did you order? I think I ordered about 4 AM when I woke up and I haven't got a shipping confirmation yet. Trying to be patient here :)

From Melbourne, Australia.....THE NEW SEEKERS

https://www.amazon.com/Best-New-See...best+of+the+new+seekers&qid=1701463170&sr=8-8
81GhTszI5cL._SL1500_.jpg
3 Melanie tunes! She died Tuesday at 76; just saw a little while ago.

Back