4 more Quadio titles coming in January 2024! (Titles Announced)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like the direction Rhino is going and then you add Dutton Vocalion with there many offbeat titles, including a lot of Country music, Vocalion and Rhino working together is awesome.
Oh and you add a Sony Japan 7" (previously unissued) quad mix on SACD into the action and my mind is completely blown right about now.

Yay!
Received the War Quadio today.
In a first for me I took off the cellophane opened the case and found the disc tray has a broken off corner.
It must have been put together this way.

Oh those funny guys at gnarlywood.

The War Quadio showed up today. First one of the new bundle to show up. Never received shipping email or tracking. I got shipping email and tracking on the remaining three.

Here's a new one - the post office (tracking info) said my Quadio (WAR) was undeliverable - all of my other Quadios have been placed in the mailbox (the post office has been delivering mail into this mailbox for about 2/3 of a century) - if it doesn't show up this weekend, I'll head over to the post office building and see how I can get my Quadio.

Several years ago, I didn't receive an issue of Sound & Vision - I went over the the post office building to inquire about it and it turned out someone at the post office had cancelled my subscription (I made some phone calls and got my subscription restarted, never got the missing issue though).

Kirk Bayne

OMG. Just received the rest of my order. “Good Old Boys” sounds amazing with strings and horns filling in the rear channels. One of my favorite Randy Newman albums.
Sounds stunning in quad because the recording and performances are all stunning. The rears have the horn section back there is such clarity, the clarinets sounds so soothing and perfect to my ears. Deep bass here too. I thought maybe too much bass at first and then after the first track it falls pretty much perfect. Warm analog sound of the Warner / Reprise team at their 70's best!

First one I've listened to out of this batch and I think it's going to be another 10.

And SDE too!
Yes if there is a vintage quad mix included, sure I would add SDE to the group. Not every SDE is able to have a quad mix on the disc.

There's something about (me) hoping to get all the great 70's quadraphonic mixes out on hi-rez disc sooner rather than later. They are the ones most at risk of falling through the cracks. The 5.1 stuff is around, and can be acquired other than a few things like the missing Elton John titles. But I think that the vintage quad is rare, precious, and is more vulnerable to being lost and forgotten.

Last edited:
I just think the War Quadio is the star of this bundle. It is just superb. I mean before even thinking about the mix I am enjoying the music. I never had or was familiar with this album.
The sound quality and surround mix are good.

I plan to give AWB a listen this weekend and go back to Good Old Boys again.

But Svengali is not really doing it for me. It is well recorded and mixed but the music is not moving me. I enjoy Mingus Moves far more and actually like it.

But thank you Rhino for this latest bunch and for me quick shipping.
I am already looking forward to the next bundle

Thanks, your advice worked, except i get a message 'coupon cannot be added to your cart'. Australian customers not worthy Rhino???
I ENDED UP ORDRERING THE BATCH WITH NO DISCOUNT (THERE IS NO WAY I COULD APPLY THE ....ING CODE). THIS IS THE MOST DIFFICULT COMPANY I HAVE EVER HAD TO DEAL WITH!!! MAYBE THEY SHOULD OUTSOURCE THEIR BUSINESS TO A COMPETENT COMPANY SUCH AS DUTTON VOCALION
(apologies for the rant but this has really p..ssed me off)

Eight days after waking up at 1am to place my order and no shipping info. Multiple emails to Rhino support and platitudes about “unexpected shipping delays” and “patience”. I’ve received quicker service from Dutton Vocalion shipping from the UK to VA. How is this even possible?

Eight days after waking up at 1am to place my order and no shipping info. Multiple emails to Rhino support and platitudes about “unexpected shipping delays” and “patience”. I’ve received quicker service from Dutton Vocalion shipping from the UK to VA. How is this even possible?
I dread to think how long it will take for my order to arrive.....

Well I'm apparently getting three packages as well, one today and two more coming...

I'm big on Frangelico or Bailey's Irish Cream too, both go really well poured over vanilla ice cream. A desert later in the evening really hits the spot.

My projected day of quadraphonic delivery is this Monday the 29th.

Frangelico (Italian: [franˈdʒɛliko]) is a brand of noisette (flavored with hazelnuts) and herb-flavored liqueur coloured with caramel coloring, which is produced in Canale, Italy. It is 20% alcohol by volume (ABV) or 40 proof. Formerly, it was 24% ABV or 48 proof. When produced by the Barbaro family it was bottled at 28% ABV or 56 proof. The brand was created in 1978.[2] It is known for its unusual packaging; its bottle was designed to look like a Christian friar, complete with a knotted white cord around the waist. It is most commonly sold in two sizes: 750ml and 375ml.

According to the manufacturer, the name of the liqueur is based on a legend of a hermit monk named Fra Angelico who lived in the Piedmont region of Italy and "created unique recipes for liqueurs". The bottle itself most closely resembles the habit of a Franciscan friar.

Frangelico is made in a similar manner to some other nut liqueurs: nuts are crumbled up and combined with cocoa, vanilla berries, and other natural flavors, and then left to soak in the base spirit. After the spirit has absorbed the flavor of the ingredients, the liqueur is filtered, sweetened, and bottled.
Or put ‘em in coffee to create The Nutty Irishman ☕

Back