5.1 BD!! "Electric Lady Studios: A Jimi Hendrix Vision" 3CD/1BD box set (Experience Hendrix/Legacy) (3/25/2022)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I understand the Atmos mix is not of this particular set but of the First Rays... album, right?

Hi Guys, just an FYI for fans of Electric Ladyland, Atmos, and physical media. I contacted the Experience Hendrix, LLC about a possible Blu-ray version of the Atmos mix, and was told there aren't any immediate plans for this. However, if demand for a Blu-ray release with Atmos warranted it, they would explore it.

If interested, you may want to reach out to the email address below General Inquiries / Feedback on the following site:

https://www.jimihendrix.com/experience-hendrix-llc/
There is a BluRay version in the box set. I know it is very difficult to obtain but it is apparently going to be offered to people who ordered it a few years ago as I did.
It doesn’t contain Atmos.
The original post refers to the 2018 Electric Ladyland 3-CD + 5.1 Blu Ray set, which subsequently appeared in an Atmos streaming version.

As distinct from the Electric Lady Studios future release, which is the topic of this thread. ;)

If anyone is still looking for this stand-alone Blu Ray I noticed that a seller on Mercari had several copies for sale. I bought one and can confirm it is legit. It was priced at just under $20 with one copy remaining as of this morning.

If anyone is still looking for this stand-alone Blu Ray I noticed that a seller on Mercari had several copies for sale. I bought one and can confirm it is legit. It was priced at just under $20 with one copy remaining as of this morning.
This appears to be the same seller from Wisconsin that I bought from on eBay, moved 30+ copies there before the listing and selling history disappeared.

Reactions: PK
Thanks for the heads-up as well. I ordered one.

I just scored this shirt to wear whilst i listen to my blu ray! Play on, Jimi!
Screenshot 2024-07-07 at 8.23.44 PM.png

https://goaheadmerch.com/recent-additions/jimi

Yes but does the photo on your Tshirt correctly match the Hendrix music phase on the bluray. I fear not....

I had one of these '9 to the Universe' T's back in the early 80's; wore it out and it's long gone. Probably bought it at a Tower Records or other for about $10 :unsure:

It now goes for $286- on eBay

1720405556380.png

Of course the actual album was named- "Nine to the Universe"; so legit maybe not IDK, but I still loved that T.

And to keep the thread tight, I got my 'Vision' copy; still holding my Amazon order till filled or cancelled.

I got mine on Saturday. I've listened to it passively once. My first impression of the surround mix is that some are really good and some aren't. Very little consistency between tracks.

Still, it's Jimi. What more could you want?
I want Jimi Hendrix to rise from his grave, his death simply an elaborate stage performance.

This Wisconsin seller continues to list the 5.1 blu rays one at a time as he makes another sale.

Anyone who only wants the surround tracks-
no book, no stereo CDs, no vinyl, no art, no liner notes-

What are you waiting for? 🤨 😛

https://www.mercari.com/us/item/m86875645836/
1720459510383.png

07/08/24
Description

This listing is for a Brand new, hard to find Jimi Hendrix blu-ray featuring a full length documentary and 20 remastered Songs. The disk and slipcover are brand new. No bootleg.
1720459460581.png

Back