HiRez Poll Average White Band - AWB [Blu-Ray Audio]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of Average White Band - AWB

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Terrible Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters
I've not read a single review of a Quadio title that was not very positive, if not absolutely glowing. Consistently rave reviews coming in for the series. And it's nice to see that the home blu-ray video & audio surround crowd is getting wind of these releases.
Even if we eventually do get a Quadio that turns out to be total shit, it's still better than not getting these re-releases...like the boat we were in just a few years ago.

[Edit: Let's not forget that there are a bunch of people out there that are thrilled with just getting the hi-res stereo versions]

Even if we eventually do get a Quadio that turns out to be total shit, it's still better than not getting these re-releases...like the boat we were in just a few years ago.

[Edit: Let's not forget that there are a bunch of people out there that are thrilled with just getting the hi-res stereo versions]
I can't imagine one that is not up to par for sound and mix. If they come across a quad mix with nothing but cheap echo in rear chans they won't put it out. Or even if the music does not hold up, Pass!

But I mean they've been batting 9s and 10s

I can't imagine one that is not up to par for sound and mix. If they come across a quad mix with nothing but cheap echo in rear chans they won't put it out. Or even if the music does not hold up, Pass!

But I mean they've been batting 9s and 10s
i can't think of a WEA Quad that wasn't "discrete-o-matic" mega discrete, can you?

when i flick through their releases they were all genuine Quad, no fakery and i can't recall any studio albums that were of the room ambience variety either, so plenty of proper Quads for Rhino to draw upon for the Quadio programme 🙏

I'm soaking in this one as i type! I see i weighed in a couple of times, but i never voted. I understand some posters' comments about not all songs being great; however, for me, there's not a bad song on the album. And the mix! One of the best to my ears--wonderful discrete use of all four corners that takes the best songs to the level of masterpiece and elevates the good songs to greatness. For me, this album is anything but average, (LOVE the band's tongue-in-cheek name) so i'm voting a 10. So good, i'm going to listen again!

Last edited:
Voting this one an 8. Sound is pretty good, use of quad surround could have been more dramatic IMHO. Still need to listen more, but this is my first impression. By the way, it's great to see all these Quadio releases come out - I have a few of them now, with Black Sabbath's Paranoid probably the best of the lot.

Last edited:
Back