Batch #2 of Rhino Atmos Blu-Rays coming August 2024!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And then would be followed by a massive DRUG BUST and MONEY LAUNDERING accusations....... and who needs Mick Jagger's ex Bianca Jagger riding a white plumed horse onto my gilded premises???????

IMG_7829.png

Last edited by a moderator:
my fantasy batch #2 would be;

Chic (Steven Wilson Atmos mix Compilation or 5 album compendium),

Grateful Dead "American Beauty" (Steven Wilson Atmos mix, 5.1 Mickey Hart mix),

Sister Sledge "We Are Family" (Steven Wilson Atmos),

Carly Simon "No Secrets" (Frank Filipetti Atmos, Frank Filipetti 5.1 DVD-A mix, Quad)
YES, YES, YES !!!!
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE !!!!

my fantasy batch #2 would be;

Chic (Steven Wilson Atmos mix Compilation or 5 album compendium),

Grateful Dead "American Beauty" (Steven Wilson Atmos mix, 5.1 Mickey Hart mix),

Sister Sledge "We Are Family" (Steven Wilson Atmos),

Carly Simon "No Secrets" (Frank Filipetti Atmos, Frank Filipetti 5.1 DVD-A mix, Quad)

So these are all existing Atmos mixes on the streaming services, correct? All great choices. Perhaps one of the discs can be a surprise that hasn't appeared on the streaming services as of yet.

We did Rumours, so I would expect the other three to follow suit.
Probably starting with the self-titled album next year.....
I’m ultra happy that the FM self titled album would likely follow next year (It’s still waaaaaay too long to wait. LOL) because the 5.1 that we have in the box set is only AC3. It’s well done, but it still has a tinge of that Dolby Digital ‘grizzle.’

(I have no idea how I missed your original post, but it made my July 24 a very happy day.)

i've no idea what the situation is outside the UK but here the albums that were originally on Geffen/Warner are on the estate's own 'Driven By The Music' imprint, licensed to Crimson Productions Ltd and distributed by Demon Music Group.

i've given up hope any of that material will ever get the Surround treatment seeing as each of the Geffen/Warner albums have been reissued in this country about 387 times with inconsequential remastering, slightly different tracks and variations on the same packaging theme 🤷🏻‍♀️

as for her earlier Casablanca classics (plus 1983's "She Works Hard For The Money" originally on Mercury due to legal wranglings where her old label asserted she still owed them an album at the time), Universal have just barely dipped a toe into a track here and there off 2-3 of those albums and though the mixes are rather good, it's really a half-assed effort for such a stunning artist who's music is a perfect fit for Surround. sigh 🤦‍♀️
Would love, "Another Place, Another Time" Donna Summer, SAW production was released on Atlantic in USA.

That's just 5 days away. Oh great grazing donkey, you must tell us a clue. You are under my spell......sleepy, you are getting sleepy. lmao
@ForagingRhino

You got me all excited for a second, but your math is off! We're 35 days out. :eek:

But yes, while I burn up my credit card on Quadio batch #5, a clue (or seven) would be awesome. :cool:

Let's hope the Rhino falls under GOS's spell!

Back