John Lennon - Mind Games (2024 Box Set coming in July!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, what's up with the removing of the first box? I bet Amazon contracted and said leave off the first cardboard and save us a couple pennys before you ship a pallet to Amazon?
Weird thing inside the actual music box two corners of the folder where just a tiny bit bent. Maybe the Amazon order where listed as defects from the original seller?
Moving on-I had my little flashlight last night and found better not to do in dark, cuz you just see the opposites, best to do with lights on and you can move back and forth various items, cool.

Ripping: Ugh, first I ripped the 6 CD's. CD 1 no tagging, CD 5 Japanese writing, easy stuff to fix, fun to do as it is my hobby.
Ripping the Blu Rays first to MKV file, it rips as EARTH main file, Blu Ray 1 has 7 separate root files, combination of videos and audios.
If ripping this box set wasn't a Mind Game, I would be upset.
On to ripping Blu Ray 2 now.
Yeah, I thought the naming was odd. BDA 1 shows up as EARTH, BDA 2 shows up as FUTURE.

Yeah, I thought the naming was odd. BDA 1 shows up as EARTH, BDA 2 shows up as FUTURE.
Same here. But the ripping was easy enough. Now to rip the CD's. Not looking forward to filling in all the info with my now old age typing skills.
I managed to get the BD "book" scanned front and back but it took multiple scans and some PS work. I won't even tackle the big book.

Same here. But the ripping was easy enough. Now to rip the CD's. Not looking forward to filling in all the info with my now old age typing skills.
I managed to get the BD "book" scanned front and back but it took multiple scans and some PS work. I won't even tackle the big book.
Ripping CD's on these box sets is where I probably drop the ball. Generally, I never do...which sounds like I'm missing out on content by doing so. :(

Ripping Question:
Rip Blu Ray 1 MKV file from my PC shows secret song "You Are Here (Out-Take) [Take 4]" See my screen shot.
But when I put actual BD in player, I cannot see the secret song.
Is it that you can only access the secret song on a rip?
Screenshot (1).png

Ripping Question:
Rip Blu Ray 1 MKV file from my PC shows secret song "You Are Here (Out-Take) [Take 4]" See my screen shot.
But when I put actual BD in player, I cannot see the secret song.
Is it that you can only access the secret song on a rip?
View attachment 107539
I recollect hearing that you press the back button on your remote

Here are two screen shots from MKV showing first choices BLU RAY 2 and second shot shows my actual selections, basically I am only removing the Dolby Digital and the DTS, and then I sort everything out, I love this.
Screenshot (2).png

Screenshot (3).png

This is a good reason why I like using Amazon, price guarantee. I don't stress, I just wait for the gift. I wonder how this end price stacks up to other outlets. End price $123.26.

You will receive a refund of $44.32 with Amazon.com's Pre-order Price Guarantee! The price of the following item decreased after you ordered, and we gave you the lowest price.

Price on order date:​
$167.58​
Price charged at shipping:​
$167.58​
Lowest price before release date:​
$127.15​
Amount to be refunded:​
$40.43 (+ $3.89 tax)​
Quantity:​
1​
Total Savings:​
$44.32​

This is a good reason why I like using Amazon, price guarantee. I don't stress, I just wait for the gift. I wonder how this end price stacks up to other outlets. End price $123.26.

You will receive a refund of $44.32 with Amazon.com's Pre-order Price Guarantee! The price of the following item decreased after you ordered, and we gave you the lowest price.
$167.58​
$167.58​
$127.15​
$40.43 (+ $3.89 tax)​
1​
$44.32​
Certainly not out of line at all. My importCD final cost without any added discounts was $116.64

$167.58​
$167.58​
$127.15​
$40.43 (+ $3.89 tax)​
1​
$44.32​
Mine ended up as costing me £129.98/($167.73) I got £0.01 off with the pre-order price promise :ROFLMAO:!

Thats about $134.98, after removing the 20% VAT

Ripping CD 1: There are 90 tracks.
1-12 the Mind Games Album.
13-90 silent 24 seconds each track.
I listened in full all 13-90 tracks, CD on PC and heard nothing.
I would love to be wrong.

Back