Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
last wee batch of my chosen tracks to share with you fine folk for now 🎶💪😅👍

the upcoming IDER album's one to watch, i reckon 😉✌️

hope you all have a fabulous weekend in as many channels of immersive audio as you have to hand 😍🤗❤️

edit: added the brand new Immanuel Wilkins LP, it's a Blue Note Atmos release so.. well.. ..umm.. don't expect a Surround extravaganza, m'kayyyy 😜☺️

Last edited:
I went looking for the new Rufus Du Sol album on Tidal, but it's not there yet in any form. But I'm enjoying their Surrender and Solace (Live from Joshua Tree) albums, Especially that last one.

Also William Orbit's very classy The Painter. I'm looking forward to listening to others of his I've spotted in Atmos.

And of course, Empire of the Sun's new one, Ask that God. How great is that. ☀️🌅🌇

Hi…
A question:
Is it a hardware or software problem that a dac, dap, or mobile cannot handle dolby atmos?
For example, no dap (shanling, ibasso, fiio...) supports dolby atmos when most streaming platforms (Tidal, Apple, Amazon...) already stream in atmos.
In my case I have a Shanling M6 Ultra dap and it is incompatible with Atmos, I have to listen to Atmos on an iPhone 13.
I suppose that if atmos continues to prevail, those daps will have to accept the situation and will end up playing atmos, either in files or stteaming, is this correct?

Hi…
A question:
Is it a hardware or software problem that a dac, dap, or mobile cannot handle dolby atmos?
For example, no dap (shanling, ibasso, fiio...) supports dolby atmos when most streaming platforms (Tidal, Apple, Amazon...) already stream in atmos.
In my case I have a Shanling M6 Ultra dap and it is incompatible with Atmos, I have to listen to Atmos on an iPhone 13.
I suppose that if atmos continues to prevail, those daps will have to accept the situation and will end up playing atmos, either in files or stteaming, is this correct?
there are actually dacs that are atmos compatibile, i use for my android smartphone the cheap and small ifi go link portable dac and works fine with atmos material. i guess it's the same for fiio ka11 portable dac which i will order soon.
correct me if i'm wrong, but to my knowledge all the components in the audio chain have to be atmos compatible, and it's both a hardware and software problem.
years ago i used to have the lg smartphone g7 with internal quad dac that was dts x compatible but not dolby atmos compatible, they bet on the wrong immersive format.

Last edited:
Back