Oppo UDP-203 dilemma

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
85" ? What a beast ! I'm just beginning to search the successor of my die hard Panasonic 50" plasma but 75" seems already a huge screen to me...
In todays market there's not a lot of $ difference between 75 & 85.
I'd get the biggest you can fit.
Immersive music, immersive video !
Dang the Samsung 98" is on sale at BestBuy now for $4999, but I can't really fit it in my room. :(

If you are sure you actually pressed the release tab and it didn't pop open, it must be jammed. You can try to persuade it gently from inside while pressing the release. It's not like you have anything to lose.
I don't think you press to release, I think it's a manual slide the full length of the slot.

Looks like removing the unit and further inspection is your best shot. Maybe replacement. :(
Your cell phone camera is your friend pre-disassembly processes. Saved my butt a few times on my A/C unit. lol.

I have an OPPO 83SE. I very seldom use it. But it's been very reliable. I rip stuff as soon as I get it. I almost never play the discs anymore, unless it's something special.
Personally, I would buy another OPPO UDP-203 even if the disc drive had failed, as I hardly ever play discs too!

While I understand why OPPO pulled out of the disc spinner player market, it's a great shame they never made a high quality discless media player...

Seriously, I'd bite the bullet and put the money towards another player! Spending over $500 [with s/h charges] on a unit which obviously has suffered extensive damage with unknown results not to mention a potential fire hazard would certainly preclude any attempts at repair.

Years ago, during a flood, I lost a VERY expensive KRELL MONOBLOCK and never even attempted to have it repaired. When I fired it up it was literal FIREWORKS and I just bit the bullet and substituted it with another very expensive amp to match the other KRELL monoblock which did survive the flood!

To have it repaired it probably would've cost thousands so extensive was the damage!

My KSA-250 went through a flood but clean water. I stood it on end and let it dry out and it still works to this day. The flood was about 30 years ago.

Back