Rhino Quadio Batch 5 for August 2024!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If all are previously unreleased, well that narrows it down!

One Elektra: Carly Simon / Another Passenger
Two Atlantics: J. Geils / Bloodshot -and- Aretha Franklin / With Everything I Feel
One Warner: Rod Stewart / Atlantic Crossing

Thems my guesses.
My take was he meant the quads haven't yet been released on digital format. Not that they were unreleased back in the day.

But you could be correct, of course.

BTW, there was chatter over at thedigitalbits website that RHINO was indeed preparing Joni Mitchell's Archives ATMOS box #3 [1976~1980] consisting of Hejira, Don Juan's Reckless Daughter, Mingus and the double LIVE album SHADOWS AND LIGHT!

BRING IT ON!
Got a link? (And do any of the chatterers have any real credentials, or at least a track record on this kind of thing?)

If all are previously unreleased, well that narrows it down!

One Elektra: Carly Simon / Another Passenger
Two Atlantics: J. Geils / Bloodshot -and- Aretha Franklin / With Everything I Feel
One Warner: Rod Stewart / Atlantic Crossing

Thems my guesses.

Sorry to rain on your parade , but the Simon and Franklin quads don't exist.
This has been vetted already by Steve some time ago.

There were only six titles confirmed in the vault as unreleased quads. Only SIX IN TOTAL.
J Geils -Bloodshot, Joni Mitchell -MOA , James Taylor -In The Pocket, Rod Stewart-Atlantic Crossing , Foghat-Energized and Dionne Warwick -Track Of The Cat.

Well since FR referred to the Elektra release as "our first" I think we can rule out any Asylum titles since we've already gotten four Joni Mitchell Asylum albums.
Maybe. But those also sit outside the “batches” of which this will be #5.

They also already released Best of The Doors, but that was outside of the batches. (But that was included in the "Singles" set, so I guess that wasn't technically a "Quadio" release)

Last edited:
I'm more excited/intrigued by the prospect that RHINO may slip in more unannounced ATMOS BD~As like the recent expanded Doors GH, Alanis, Hootie and FM's RUMOURS!
It wasn't an expanded Doors GH

It was the exact same "Best of the Doors" compilation Elektra released on double LP in 1985.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Best_of_The_Doors_(1985_album)

But yes, I'm much more intrigued by this prospect as well. Frankly, the WEA quad output was rather slim pickings to begin with, IMO, and pretty much all the best stuff has already been released. (I'm guessing Eagles are unlikely due to artist restrictions). There are still some albums I would be happy to buy and listen to, but nothing that I'm on pins-and-needles waiting for.

Last edited:
Two things;

Would love to see either Aerosmith Rocks or Draw The Line released this time.

Also some decent protection for a change, it's been a growing trend order arrives and Blu ray cases cracked and those Quadio cases cracked, hinges broken.

Two things;

Would love to see either Aerosmith Rocks or Draw The Line released this time.

Also some decent protection for a change, it's been a growing trend order arrives and Blu ray cases cracked and those Quadio cases cracked, hinges broken.
Aerosmith albums, originally on CBS/Sony, are now controlled by UMG.

Rhino has no access to these.

Also pretty sure Draw The Line never had a quad release.

Aerosmith can't be released by Rhino. Aerosmith is owned by UMG, not WMG. But yeah, the quad mix of Rocks being released would be awesome. I don't think UMG has any quad release programs, though, sadly.
Only the little bit they've let trickle out to DV. Which hasn't been their big name artists.

Better chance of seeing new Atmos mixes of Aerosmith titles than the old quad I would think. And not sure the chances of those are very good either. Although with the catalog having recently transferred to UMG, one might think they'd be cooking up some 50th anniversary packages.

Reactions: GOS
I'm more excited/intrigued by the prospect that RHINO may slip in more unannounced ATMOS BD~As like the recent expanded Doors GH, Alanis, Hootie and FM's RUMOURS!
Speaking of those, I JUST opened up a package from Amazon and it had the Seal Atmos BD inside. I didn't realize that was a Rhino release!

Seems as if Rhino may be the best thing going in terms of seeing some of these new Atmos mixes that have mostly been confined to streaming being released on physical disc! (y)

Better chance of seeing new Atmos mixes of Aerosmith titles than the old quad I would think. And not sure the chances of those are very good either. Although with the catalog having recently transferred to UMG, one might think they'd be cooking up some 50th anniversary packages.
Steven Tyler posted on Instagram not long ago that he was overseeing a remix of the debut album. Seems like the perfect opportunity to also have an Atmos mix done.

Steven Tyler posted on Instagram not long ago that he was overseeing a remix of the debut album. Seems like the perfect opportunity to also have an Atmos mix done.
No doubt. What's the point of remixing an old album in 2024 unless you're going to do Atmos.

Here's hoping for a physical release. Would love to have the Aerosmith catalog in surround!

Back