Rhino Quadio Batch 5 for August 2024!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bummer about the Seals and Crofts being out of stock planned to add it.
Hopefully they make more so I can add it in next bundle time...
Interesting!
of all the BDs, I am glad this one got a warm reception, I am sure Jim would be amused and hope that Dash is getting royalties from this!

Last edited:
I didn't attempt a code, forgot all about searching for one. Anyway, I was wondering why the bundle was $99. this time. That explains it.

Last edited:
I’m pretty sure they track the discount to your user Id/email because it no longer works for me. But for me I ordered the bundle and a long awaited and wish list item - 10,000 Maniacs Unplugged on Vinyl!

Just ordered Midler out of this batch -- the only other one I would be interested in was Bread, but, well, I already have
the 5.1 BEST OF BREAD or whatever it was called. [Hmm . . . reconsidering the Duke Ellington, as another Quadio has sold out,
and I'm sorry for those who waited (and for myself, who didn't buy two -- Discog prices probably have already risen!)]

HEADS UP: Just noticed the only sold-out recent Quadio atm is (drum roll) -- Seals & Croft's SUMMER BREEZE. Hit at the right time
of the season, I suppose! Or did they just make fewer of them?
Several Quadio titles at Rhino have shown as sold out in the last year. Many times it is simply the warehouse is sending more cases of product, it arrives and it reappears soon. Other times they are awaiting arrival of the repressing - so nothing to worry about either way.

But one of these days and it won't be long - folks will finally decide to spring for a few additional BR Quadio discs, see the sold out sign and wait, and wait only to find that it's all gone that's it. Then run over to Discogs and see the $75 asking prices, head over to the bay and see $125 asking prices and go I'll be damned, it's just not fair is it??? It will be the titles that folks were least interested in that fetch the bigger bucks. Think about it, if a Quadio took 2.5 years to sell only 3,000 units, there will be no repressing. Another one did 14,000 in 14 months, then they would likely want to order another easy 4,000 to 5,000 pressed. The hot title becomes more common on the used market later. The near-dud seller heads for extinction on all seller platforms.

Look at "Best of Aretha Franklin" Quadio, many folks were passing on a stellar hit filled quad DVD because it's not what they call rock & roll. It indeed took three years to unload that stock. Would anyone like to know what that disc is going for right now? It's not right now going for anything at all because there are no copies being offered for sale.

https://www.discogs.com/release/6087883-Aretha-Franklin-The-Best-Of-Aretha-Franklin

Several Quadio titles at Rhino have shown as sold out in the last year. Many times it is simply the warehouse is sending more cases of product, it arrives and it reappears soon. Other times they are awaiting arrival of the repressing - so nothing to worry about either way.

But one of these days and it won't be long - folks will finally decide to spring for a few additional BR Quadio discs, see the sold out sign and wait, and wait only to find that it's all gone that's it. Then run over to Discogs and see the $75 asking prices, head over to the bay and see $125 asking prices and go I'll be damned, it's just not fair is it??? It will be the titles that folks were least interested in that fetch the bigger bucks. Think about it, if a Quadio took 2.5 years to sell only 3,000 units, there will be no repressing. Another one did 14,000 in 14 months, then they would likely want to order another easy 4,000 to 5,000 pressed. The hot title becomes more common on the used market later. The near-dud seller heads for extinction on all seller platforms.

Look at "Best of Aretha Franklin" Quadio, many folks were passing on a stellar hit filled quad DVD because it's not what they call rock & roll. It indeed took three years to unload that stock. Would anyone like to know what that disc is going for right now? It's not right now going for anything at all because there are no copies being offered for sale.

https://www.discogs.com/release/6087883-Aretha-Franklin-The-Best-Of-Aretha-Franklin
No shit man. That's exactly what will happen. It happens over and over. I'm done waiting to buy these titles. I mostly buy them all....sell if I need to.

The only thing wrong with the Aretha original Quadio was that it was the last one. If it was followed by Machine Head or Paranoid or one of the other titles Bob Vosgien spoke of, it would have been well accepted because it's really a great release. I love those tunes.

The disappointment in having that program stopped was reflected in the bad vibes about the Aretha release, which is a shame. Little did we know, a decade later.............a Foraging Rhino would emerge!

People are laughing at this, but I do sincerely want to know. Did they ever talk about why they chose the name "Bread"?
Craig Gates (David's son) worked in the business affairs department of Rhino many years ago and I asked him that question.
What I seem to remember specifically, is him saying that they wanted a band name that would put their records by the Beatles bin, where all the traffic would be.
Craig might have said the obvious reasons of a short, one word, single syllable, marquee-friendly name with more than one connotation, etc.
But I just recall the Beatles thing.

Craig Gates (David's son) worked in the business affairs department of Rhino many years ago and I asked him that question.
What I seem to remember specifically, is him saying that they wanted a band name that would put their records by the Beatles bin, where all the traffic would be.
Craig might have said the obvious reasons of a short, one word, single syllable, marquee-friendly name with more than one connotation, etc.
But I just recall the Beatles thing.
That's why the Beau Brummels chose their name, so they would immediately follow the Beatles in the racks.

I only want the Ellington disc. Bread and GCS - meh. Can't stand Bette anymore since she has become such a creep.

What I would love is a BD of William Bolcom's Gershwin Piano Music. The CD-4 is wonderful but both my copies are a bit noisy.

Doug

Well. I managed to get that discount....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240727_191222_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20240727_191222_Gmail.jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 0
Bummer about the Seals and Crofts being out of stock planned to add it.
Hopefully they make more so I can add it in next bundle time...
You'll be getting the Autumn Breeze, which will still make you feel fine. No Jasmine though...

I only want the Ellington disc.

What I would love is a BD of William Bolcom's Gershwin Piano Music. The CD-4 is wonderful but both my copies are a bit noisy.

Doug
I always wondered what they could do with a piano music recording so far as discreet quad? It got a quad reel release too, so someone thought it was cool in quad at the time. Tell us about it please.

Last edited:
Been poking through the catalog to see what else I might want to order along with the bundle (GCS seems to be free, so what the hell). I listened to Svengali on YT last night and I LOVE it, so that’ll be added to the stack. I suspect more coming up.

I always wondered what they could do with a piano music recording so far as discreet quad? It got a quad reel release too, so someone thought it was cool in quad at the time. Tell us about it please.

The ambiance added is incredible. The best I have ever heard in quad. I don't like piano recorded close-miked. It doesn't sound natural. Piano needs reverb (not too much) to sound right.

Doug

The ambiance added is incredible. The best I have ever heard in quad. I don't like piano recorded close-miked. It doesn't sound natural. Piano needs reverb (not too much) to sound right.

Doug
There's a very fun all piano disc by The 5 Browns. I have it. It's actually good and "fun" at times. But it's all classical and all pianos. Not much discreet anything going on in the 5.1 mix on the DVD, but still nice.
https://www.discogs.com/release/4103192-The-5-Browns-The-5-Browns

Anybody have any luck buying the Quadio bundle AND Neil Young Archives 3 Deluxe with the 15% discount code? I've been trying different browsers, credit cards, etc. for the last hour. It looks like it's gonna work, but keeps erroring out at the very end. If you can get it to work, you basically get the Quadio bundle for free...
That's some good effort and would be a hell of a deal indeed. I had no idea the Neil box was available through Rhino.

Please post if you're successful and I'll do the same.

I'm seeing the below. I'm guessing the Neil Young box cannot be purchased retail at a discount anywhere...anyhow...

We're sorry that your order could not be placed. This may have happened due to a high order volume or temporary connection errors. Please wait a few minutes and resubmit. Please be sure that you are including the address that is associated with your credit card billing. If you are still are unable to complete your order, please contact your credit card issuing bank.

Last edited:
That's some good effort and would be a hell of a deal indeed. Please post if you're successful and I'll do the same.

I'm seeing the below. I'm guessing the Neil Young Box cannot be purchased retail at a discount anywhere anyhow.

We're sorry that your order could not be placed. This may have happened due to a high order volume or temporary connection errors. Please wait a few minutes and resubmit. Please be sure that you are including the address that is associated with your credit card billing. If you are still are unable to complete your order, please contact your credit card issuing bank.
One needs to be very clean in order to shake them off your trail to use a discount code again. Sign on as guest, use diff email account, and different payment method for starters. Clean out your cookie jar can help too. Use a diff browser. always a way if the code is known to work.
Or get this, a laptop you have not bought from Rhino on before. Complete new info as above and a different computer that has no rhino cookies on it.

Back