Rhino Quadio Batch 5 for August 2024!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I placed my order early on Friday morning, July 26th (the official "drop date) for the four (4) QUADIO's and quickly received my confirmation email. On Monday, July 29th, I received shipping confirmation that my order would be arriving on Wednesday (yesterday) July 31st via FedEx. I received my order in perfect condition and have been listening to all four (4) QUADIO's non-stop since receiving them! All I can say is "WOW"! This is, IMO, the best batch sonically as every one of these releases is a quad masterpiece! Additionally, content/performance wise, these are incredible as well. I would really encourage everyone to invest in this latest drop even if they are NOT in your genre "wheel box" as they are that damn GOOD!!!

In a capitalist society, the market may determine the winners of revenue wars, but the gems of the quadios are not determined by what they sold 50 years ago.
Rather their long-term influence and timeless staying power.

Factual history records:
  • Number 9 Soul single
  • Number 20 Soul album
  • Nuber 49 Pop Single
  • Number 48 Pop album
View attachment 107962

Mr. Graham's bona fides have been proved across six decades as an originator of funk bass guitar with Sly & the Family Stone.

In 1968 Larry joined Sly and the Family Stone. Their first album “A Whole New Thing” provided a way for people all over the country to hear Larry’s unique bass playing.
Their next album had a number of hit singles such as "Dance to the Music" and "Everybody Is a Star," both of which allowed his voice as well as his thumping & plucking bass style to be heard around the globe.
In 1993 Larry was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as a member of Sly and the Family Stone.
In the early70s, Larry left Sly and the Family Stone and started to produce a band named Hot Chocolate, which he eventually joined and renamed it Graham Central Station...
The first album released in early 1974 was named Graham Central Station and included the hit "Can You Handle It."

Few who appreciated Sly's well regarded quad would pass up a chance to hear a pristine 1974 recording of his bassist writing & playing in his unique evolving style, with guest Freddie Stone on guitar.

View attachment 107960

I was at that Prince show. Glad I got to see him.
Saw Graham Central Station & Chaka Khan open for The Artist Formerly (& Subsequently) Known As Prince in 1997 on the Jam Of The Year World Tour.
Suffice it to say they held their own with the Purple One.

View attachment 107955

I am amazed and grateful Graham Central Station's eponymous debut made the cut for this batch of quadio, the one I'm most excited for, along with Sir Duke Edward Kennedy Ellington.

...Different strokes for different folks
And so on and so on and scooby-dooby-doobie :smokin
Ooh, sha-sha
We got to live together...
🍏☮️

I've seriously run out of room on my shelf. Even though I've sold literally dozens of older titles, I continue to buy new stuff. I hate it. :hi :LOL:
I am absolutely with you there. Today I got the latest Burning Shed newsletter, and as usual
I was caught between wanting something new and exciting, but sighing in relief that I didn't find
anything. Guess you could say I'm conflicted!

So I take it they are sending out 4-pack bundles in one nice shipment now rather than the labor intensive and more expensive way with broken up shipments?

In a capitalist society, the market may determine the winners of revenue wars, but the gems of the quadios are not determined by what they sold 50 years ago.
Rather their long-term influence and timeless staying power.

Factual history records:
  • Number 9 Soul single
  • Number 20 Soul album
  • Nuber 49 Pop Single
  • Number 48 Pop album
View attachment 107962

Mr. Graham's bona fides have been proved across six decades as an originator of funk bass guitar with Sly & the Family Stone.

In 1968 Larry joined Sly and the Family Stone. Their first album “A Whole New Thing” provided a way for people all over the country to hear Larry’s unique bass playing.
Their next album had a number of hit singles such as "Dance to the Music" and "Everybody Is a Star," both of which allowed his voice as well as his thumping & plucking bass style to be heard around the globe.
In 1993 Larry was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as a member of Sly and the Family Stone.
In the early70s, Larry left Sly and the Family Stone and started to produce a band named Hot Chocolate, which he eventually joined and renamed it Graham Central Station...
The first album released in early 1974 was named Graham Central Station and included the hit "Can You Handle It."

Few who appreciated Sly's well regarded quad would pass up a chance to hear a pristine 1974 recording of his bassist writing & playing in his unique evolving style, with guest Freddie Stone on guitar.

View attachment 107960

Saw Graham Central Station & Chaka Khan open for The Artist Formerly (& Subsequently) Known As Prince in 1997 on the Jam Of The Year World Tour.
Suffice it to say they held their own with the Purple One.

View attachment 107955

I am amazed and grateful Graham Central Station's eponymous debut made the cut for this batch of quadio, the one I'm most excited for, along with Sir Duke Edward Kennedy Ellington.

...Different strokes for different folks
And so on and so on and scooby-dooby-doobie :smokin
Ooh, sha-sha
We got to live together...
🍏☮️
While old press kits can be pricey depending on who it is and for what album, there are a handful of Graham Central Station kits available:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1563236219...pzrfkrdtd-&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Disclaimer that I am not the vendor nor do I know the vendor.

It's because of your last name. End of the alphabet. End of the deliveries. It's only fair. :hi :censored::LOL:

;)
It could be so much worse, he could be a volleyball on a desert island...

Wilson.JPG

UPS shipped to the regional USPS hub. Not sure it's going to make it today though looks like Jack Bruce will be here today.

I've still got a stack of discs to put away. What a year for surround. All my shelving is designed for either jewel cases or Blu Ray, only place I have for larger stuff is to stand it up on the smaller racks. I have three full up 6 ft x 25 inch racks (modified bookcases really), some bought CD racks and some I built. When I set up the shelving I was not remotely thinking about box sets/large packaging.

I was waiting on ordering this batch until I could add something to get free shipping. Boy did I get a surprise from Rhino this morning when they announced the ZZ Top High Fidelity all analog Vinyl boxset mastered by Kevin Gray limited to 2,000 copies. I jumped on that one along with the quadios and put my order in a few moments ago!

Back