Simply random stuff

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well if Fed Ex is telling me true, my replacement "refurb" TX-RZ50 will be back safely in Onkyo's hands today.
Hoping they will ship my NEW replacement soon. Missing my 7.1.4 setup.

Maybe I will get a different delivery driver than the one who delivered the refurb. First he backed through my yard to the side door. When I asked him to set it inside the door, he rolled it end over end up the steps as if it weighed a ton. You would think a large young guy could pick up 36 lbs? The box had cutouts for handling on the sides, I picked it up with one hand and carried to the audio room.

Maybe I will get a different delivery driver than the one who delivered the refurb. First he backed through my yard to the side door. When I asked him to set it inside the door, he rolled it end over end up the steps as if it weighed a ton. You would think a large young guy could pick up 36 lbs? The box had cutouts for handling on the sides, I picked it up with one hand and carried to the audio room.
Maybe he was exhausted from his long drive out to the middle of the boondocks. :D

I got 3 new orders after for TGB...after over a year since the last one! LOL sure wasn't expecting it...now I gotta search the house for the stock!

EDIT: I'm getting more...does anybody know what's happening today? Did one of you tip off another group or something?

Last edited:
I got 3 new orders after for TGB...after over a year since the last one! LOL sure wasn't expecting it...now I gotta search the house for the stock!

EDIT: I'm getting more...does anybody know what's happening today? Did one of you tip off another group or something?
I cracked the case! I just emailed one of the orderers...the SACD Facebook Group found me! 7000 members, wowee!

Now, how do I tell them the next album isn't on SACD... 😬

Do they even sell SACD authoring software anymore? probably Phillips Superauthor is getting long in the tooth but would get the job done. Pyramix?
Pyramix is the only modern option. Some manufacturing facilities or authoring houses can do it for you as well but they all use Pyramix.
Whenever @Clement goes to Japan next maybe he can stop by Sony Music Studios and use their authoring service...

I cracked the case! I just emailed one of the orderers...the SACD Facebook Group found me! 7000 members, wowee!

Now, how do I tell them the next album isn't
Don't tell 'em. Send the DVD-A & see if they can tell the difference.

Enjoy the new sales. TGB is awesome.

Edit: I retract my suggestion. Isn't that like what MoFi tried to do? Sort of?

Last edited:
Don't tell 'em. Send the DVD-A & see if they can tell the difference.

Enjoy the new sales. TGB is awesome.

Edit: I retract my suggestion. Isn't that like what MoFi tried to do? Sort of?
Well I'm always transparent with what I release...

1702348210344.png

Seems like pretty quick turn around to me. Main thing is it works. Good luck!!
Well it's been sort of a hassle for more time than I've owned the original unit. For some reason, Onkyo makes weak HDMI boards.
I'm just glad I finally was able to get in touch with Jennifer at Onkyo support. She's been super.

Back