Simply random stuff

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Screenshot 2024-07-24 at 3.05.25 PM.png

I was out visiting my parents in June of 2023. My father, who had taken up bowling in 2002 when he and my mom retired to Sun City, was sad that he was unable to bowl because of a broken finger that he suffered in a fall. I suggested he take me bowling and teach me to bowl, promising him i would listen to his instructions, something i hadn't really done for the previous sixty-some years. We had such a good time, and the joy on his face when i listened to him and rolled a good ball made me commit to learn the sport in the hopes that he and i could create some positive memories in our waning years (my parents and i have had a rocky relationship in the past).

Well, you know i got hooked on bowling, and i have been out to visit my parents several times since my father taught me to bowl. Each time has been wonderful–exactly what i had hoped, making positive memories with my father, and he continues to teach me what he has learned. Yesterday, we headed to the lanes about an hour after my wife and i arrived, and here is our first game:
45B8F894-5874-4DBB-8A37-04DC275DE1BD_1_105_c.jpeg

Happiness is rolling a clean game with my father and making him proud. He will be 87 this coming October. He rolled a 170 on his fourth game. Can't wait to bowl again today!

Happiness is rolling a clean game with my father and making him proud. He will be 87 this coming October. He rolled a 170 on his fourth game. Can't wait to bowl again today!
Rolling a 170 at the age of 87 is impressive! Just being able to make it to the alley at 87 is impressive.

I have been listening to the new “The Century of the Self” release from the Norwegian neo-prog rock outfit “Airbag” and my random thought is the criminality that these guys do not have surround versions of all their albums.

Someone get Bruce Soord in touch with them immediately! They desperately need immersive mixes of their discography.

Aside from the truly awful name (I hope the Norwegian translation is way cooler) this band is awesome.

If you like that neo-prog ethic of lush soundscapes, intricate compositions with ambient and electronic elements interplaying with Pink Floyd / PT / Marillion guitar, then give these guys a listen.

Lead guy, Bjørn Riis, has some pretty good solo stuff that is ever so slightly different in style.

All right – I feel better getting that off my chest and I can go back to my Friday.

Thanks

I'm so old, no longer have a subscription to Rolling Stone,
but a grey-haired Jon Bon Jovi is the cover boy for AARP Magazine. :eek:
By the way, that Bon Jovi article is a really good read. I’m a bit freaked out about doing push-ups and squats to maintain a good singing voice. (Fortunately, I’ve never had a good singing voice. lol)

I was out visiting my parents in June of 2023. My father, who had taken up bowling in 2002 when he and my mom retired to Sun City, was sad that he was unable to bowl because of a broken finger that he suffered in a fall. I suggested he take me bowling and teach me to bowl, promising him i would listen to his instructions, something i hadn't really done for the previous sixty-some years. We had such a good time, and the joy on his face when i listened to him and rolled a good ball made me commit to learn the sport in the hopes that he and i could create some positive memories in our waning years (my parents and i have had a rocky relationship in the past).

Well, you know i got hooked on bowling, and i have been out to visit my parents several times since my father taught me to bowl. Each time has been wonderful–exactly what i had hoped, making positive memories with my father, and he continues to teach me what he has learned. Yesterday, we headed to the lanes about an hour after my wife and i arrived, and here is our first game:
View attachment 107975

That's great! You'll never regret spending time with your parents.

today's Ricky Things ( always loved this Joe Walsh song...give it a listen.. )

The kids are in Hamburg Germany
Me and Mrs Cbmmm3 went to our soon-to-be-former towns little Celebration. Here is a little town parade. Slice of Americana
And then on our deck--hello there Monarch
View attachment 108029View attachment 108030View attachment 108031

That's kinda like a combo random post, in'it?
What's all the spectators about in Hamburg?
Haven't seen a Monarch around here in years, unless you mean the KC baseball team.

Back