Simply random stuff

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's not unusual for the south. Some people act like 65 degrees is their right.
Could you elaborate on that?
Is this some diatribe against Southerners or....what?
I grew up in a "cracker" style home, no AC just fans. These old homes had very high ceilings...easier for natural cooling, a bitch to heat.
Modern homes by and large do not have 14 ft ceilings. Many don't have sufficient insulation (IMO).
My parents had their first "window shaker" AC unit for their Florida Room (only) a few years after I moved out at 16. This was in their new home. I never lived anywhere with AC until I got out of the Army.

It's 74 in my house right now, and I just came in from a few hours of running a chainsaw, sweat literally dripping from me. So yeah, it feels alright if not great.

But he "released his bubbles responsibly."

All six gallons of them a day.
California takes their parks very seriously, AR! From articles I've read because of various propositions, you can't ride a bike, walk your doggies [or pet chimps], or play sports ... just sit quietly and read a book [unless it's been banned...well, not in Cali...yet] and now blow bubbles!

What a BUZZKILL!

She has 12 chicks napping under her. Quail

Attachments

• _05A2675-2.jpg
    _05A2675-2.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • _05A8573.jpg
    _05A8573.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Could you elaborate on that?
Is this some diatribe against Southerners or....what?
I grew up in a "cracker" style home, no AC just fans. These old homes had very high ceilings...easier for natural cooling, a bitch to heat.
Modern homes by and large do not have 14 ft ceilings. Many don't have sufficient insulation (IMO).
My parents had their first "window shaker" AC unit for their Florida Room (only) a few years after I moved out at 16. This was in their new home. I never lived anywhere with AC until I got out of the Army.

It's 74 in my house right now, and I just came in from a few hours of running a chainsaw, sweat literally dripping from me. So yeah, it feels alright if not great.
While I can’t say I grew up in the south, I did live there for a while when I was a kid, and spent the better part of this century living in Virginia.

And no, it’s not a diatribe against southerners. Just some of them. I’ve been in houses (and cars) where you could see your breath and it was over 90 outside. And don’t even think of asking them to turn back the A/C.

Their right to freeze everyone else in the room, especially if it’s over 90 degrees outside. Add in typical 80+% humidity, and they become fanatic about the setting on their A/C.
The coldest winter of my life was the week I spent at the office of our local affiliate in Bangkok. They also liked to crank the A/C.

Back