The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not really Bill B. Its that time to test the rookies and walk ons. To see who will be retained on the roster
Yeah but that doesn’t make it great to watch. It serves a purpose for the team, not so much for the fans. Ever see how cheap tickets are? You can’t give them away.

Yeah but that doesn’t make it great to watch. It serves a purpose for the team, not so much for the fans. Ever see how cheap tickets are? You can’t give them away.
How come around here they charge money to get to watch the Jets practice? And they sell out. Maybe it's the only time the fans get to see Aaron Rodgers not lying on his backside. LOL Actually, the Jets have put a lot into shoring up the O-line this season.

depends on team and market. Lions lone home preseason tix are 75 plus clams, But do agree- from a TV viewer perspective, the game sucks

How come around here they charge money to get to watch the Jets practice? And they sell out. Maybe it's the only time the fans get to see Aaron Rodgers not lying on his backside. LOL Actually, the Jets have put a lot into shoring up the O-line this season.
I see a lot of love for the Chiefs and Jets here. In the big picture, I’m totally down with rooting for your hometown team/favorites. But…

As someone who is not tied to either team, I have to say that I can’t stand either team, especially their QBs. Two of the most over-exposed tools on television. Between State Farm commercials and the Jeopardy fiasco and the rack job girlfriend of the moment (stole that from @ar surround, I believe) the rest of America is soooo over them. If either guy had an engaging personality rather than an unqualified amount of arrogance (Rodgers) or any personality at all (Mahomes), or if the commercials were written at a level that exceeded grammar school humor, it might be a different story.

From an on-field perspective, the Chiefs have the best coach in the NFL while the Jets are deluding themselves if they think Saleh will suddenly have an epiphany and lead the team to win the division or even a winning record.

Hoping for a changing of the guard this year - KC falls short of the title and the Jets find new ways to fail.

(Before the bullets fly, please know that this is meant to stir things up in a fun way and not get personal by any means. Kinda like a WWE wrestler who does a promo on TV and calls out his opponent by pushing his buttons, knowing there is much more to come, or the guy in the bar who talks shit but buys you a drink and means no harm.)

Are you ready for some football?

Last edited:
I see a lot of love for the Chiefs and Jets here. In the big picture, I’m totally down with rooting for your hometown team/favorites. But…

As someone who is not tied to either team, I have to say that I can’t stand either team, especially their QBs. Two of the most over-exposed tools on television. Between State Farm commercials and the Jeopardy fiasco and the rack job girlfriend of the moment (stole that from @ar surround, I believe) the rest of America is soooo over them. If either guy had an engaging personality rather than an unqualified amount of arrogance (Rodgers) or any personality at all (Mahomes), or if the commercials were written at a level that exceeded grammar school humor, it might be a different story.

From an on-field perspective, the Chiefs have the best coach in the NFL while the Jets are deluding themselves if they think Saleh will suddenly have an epiphany and lead the team to win the division or even a winning record.

Hoping for a changing of the guard this year - KC falls short of the title and the Jets find new ways to fail.

(Before the bullets fly, please know that this is meant to stir things up in a fun way and not get personal by any means. Kinda like a WWE wrestler who does a promo on TV and calls out his opponent by pushing his buttons, knowing there is much more to come, or the guy in the bar who talks shit but buys you a drink and means no harm.)

Are you ready for some football?
I like the Chiefs. Commercials be damned. Tiny Troy hilarious....Jets are hilarious, like a certain fan.

Bills please.

Williams looked good in his second drive...one outstanding pass and he ran for a nice gain...the most impressive thing was his decision making...something I always look for....didn't try to force any throws....bears 6...bills 0...the Bills are missing some of their defensive players...

Back