The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Preseason games are more important to the teams rather than the fans. It starts the shape up for the regular season. Watch it or not, anyone's choice.
One thing a lot of fans watch those games is for is if they have a favorite college team and that team drafted one of the players you followed in college.

Preseason games are more important to the teams rather than the fans. It starts the shape up for the regular season. Watch it or not, anyone's choice.
It won’t be long until preseason games are a thing of the past. The NFL can’t stand seeing empty seats and apathy toward the crappy product presented. Owners don’t like diminished returns on parking, concessions, local ad buys on TV, etc. Established players don’t want to get hurt and adversely affect their longevity, brand and future cash flow. It’s all about the $ and that’s what has taken a lot of the fun out of sports across the board. It’s still a game, but the fans are often the ones getting played.

It won’t be long until preseason games are a thing of the past. The NFL can’t stand seeing empty seats and apathy toward the crappy product presented. Owners don’t like diminished returns on parking, concessions, local ad buys on TV, etc. Established players don’t want to get hurt and adversely affect their longevity, brand and future cash flow. It’s all about the $ and that’s what has taken a lot of the fun out of sports across the board. It’s still a game, but the fans are often the ones getting played.
OK, well, not sure what "won't be long" really quantify as. Hopefully we will all be here to see how it pans out. The NFL certainly has traditions such as the pro bowl that is consistently derided. And the draught spectacle. Yet it hangs in there. We shall see.

OK, well, not sure what "won't be long" really quantify as. Hopefully we will all be here to see how it pans out. The NFL certainly has traditions such as e pro bowl that isth consistently derided. And the draught spectacle. Yet it hangs in there. We shall see.
The pro bowl game is gone now....started last year....it was a joke...they still have the event but it is a flag football game now...

There are two interesting new Bills players. One is RB Frank Gore Jr. His father played for several different teams including the Bills for a bit.

The other is a hometown local guy named Joe Andreessen, linebacker. Both had nice preseasons.
I was impressed by Andreessen...local kid that worked his way up from a small school to getting a tryout and it appears he made the team.

I was impressed by Andreessen...local kid that worked his way up from a small school to getting a tryout and it appears he made the team.
Another Anderson story?
kC8zCeK.jpeg

Go Bostock's Bills

Seems like I heard talk of going to an 18 game season with only 2 preseason games. Can someone confirm that this starts next year or was it just a dream or rumour ?

All I found was this:

https://www.nfl.com/news/roger-good...-equity-in-ownership-at-spring-league-meeting

It is already extremely difficult making it through 17 games, but they seem to keep wanting to up the purse. Perhaps the NFL would need to increase the squad sizes from 53 to like 1227 to deal with more and more injuries, huh?

And they should make the playoffs 12 games long, round robin to start. That's an idea...make part of the season a round robin playoff tournament within each division. Oh wait, they already do that...twice. LOL

I am with you on the preseason games.
They used to play the starters the first half in a couple of games. As a fan you can’t tell anything about how your team stacks up now. Totally useless. That’s why I resist saying anything. Or watching much of them for that matter.

Gang Green finished the preseason undefeated for the third time in the last four years! This is in addition to their four recent appearances in the AFC Championship Game as well as the Super Bowl. The appearances at these championship games were in sky boxes and stands by the likes of Aaron Rodgers, C.J. Moseley, Joe Namath, etc. The Jets have been truly blessed these last four years.

Back