Tori Amos Unrepentant Geraldines 10th Anniversary - SDE Blu-Ray #25 (Sept. 6, 2024)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, so far the technology needed simply isn’t available to humans yet but scientists are working on it. It would involve working with databases and our understanding of that is mediocre at best. So companies that ship products must continue to suffer with extra shipping income.
This is all very amusing, but even Amazon don't allow you to combine a new order with an existing pre-order, so if Amazon don't have the budget or technical ability to make this happen, why do people think SDE (a two-person team) can deliver it?.

In fact, there aren't any online stores that give you this functionality, as far as I am aware.

The only way to make this happen involves a VERY manual process that results in multiple changes across different software platforms, fulfilment partners and different personnel being involved. Because of this, it often results in errors because it is so manual and open to human error.

I could be wrong, but I'm guessing you would rather me spend my time securing deals for great future SDE blu-ray exclusives that trying to solve IT issues or help manually amend hundreds of existing orders?

I should be very clear about one thing, the record labels, not SDE, decide when these are announced. And such planned announcements are always changing at short notice - both announcement dates and release dates. Since SDE is working with multiple labels on multiple future releases, it is next to impossible to coordinate anything because announcement dates and release dates change all the time.

For example, Tori wasn't confirmed until after we'd announced Ultravox and Lament and I had no idea what the release date was until about 6 days ago.

Until all this changes, there are going to be SDE Surround Series announcements that may end up being close together, they may even have the same release date, but they are still going to continue to have to be shipped separately. That is just a limitation people are going to have to get used to I'm afraid.

I still happen to think these products are great value even, with the shipping cost each and every time, but YMMV.

I would like to end by thanking you for your enthusiasm and support for these products and hope that the above doesn't come across as too grumpy! If there was an easy way to do the above, I'd be on it like a shot! :)

Paul x

This is all very amusing, but even Amazon don't allow you to combine a new order with an existing pre-order, so if Amazon don't have the budget or technical ability to make this happen, why do people think SDE (a two-person team) can deliver it?.

In fact, there aren't any online stores that give you this functionality, as far as I am aware.

The only way to make this happen involves a VERY manual process that results in multiple changes across different software platforms, fulfilment partners and different personnel being involved. Because of this, it often results in errors because it is so manual and open to human error.

I could be wrong, but I'm guessing you would rather me spend my time securing deals for great future SDE blu-ray exclusives that trying to solve IT issues or help manually amend hundreds of existing orders?

I should be very clear about one thing, the record labels, not SDE, decide when these are announced. And such planned announcements are always changing at short notice - both announcement dates and release dates. Since SDE is working with multiple labels on multiple future releases, it is next to impossible to coordinate anything because announcement dates and release dates change all the time.

For example, Tori wasn't confirmed until after we'd announced Ultravox and Lament and I had no idea what the release date was until about 6 days ago.

Until all this changes, there are going to be SDE Surround Series announcements that may end up being close together, they may even have the same release date, but they are still going to continue to have to be shipped separately. That is just a limitation people are going to have to get used to I'm afraid.

I still happen to think these products are great value even, with the shipping cost each and every time, but YMMV.

Thanks
Paul
Thank YOU for ALL you do! Stay Surrounded, Comrade!

I don't think that is true ... Amazon does it.. data is data, and it is all in how it is managed. I think the key is, does the software decide to delay an earlier order until the next item becomes available. It would be nice if that was a user selectable option. However, I will admit, if I was SDE, I also wouldn't want to manage that, since it means setting aside orders for future delivery with other orders, plus effectively that means handling the product more than once, and allocating space for future combined shipments.
I’m being facetious. Of course they could do it unless the additional product is at a different location or has already been packaged it would be easy to add to an order.

I would like to end by thanking you for your enthusiasm and support for these products and hope that the above doesn't come across as too grumpy! If there was an easy way to do the above, I'd be on it like a shot! :)

Paul x
Only two peeps for shipping 🤯, they do an amazing job.
Put my Tori order in quick and slick as usual, thanks again!

Pups XOXOXO and Mutt Slobber
:QQlove

Last edited:
Absolutely, don't want anything holding back more releases. Thanks for the half a shelf so far, looking forward to more.

Paul x
Hey Paul, keep up the releases in any way you can. I own all 24 and 25 will soon be on my shelf.

Paul x
Paul, please keep doing what you do.

Any chance you have any extra copies of the Orbital "Optical Delusion" lying around? That is one I missed out on first time around and would really love to have a physical copy.

Only two peeps for shipping 🤯, they do an amazing job.
Paul and Anne don't do the fulfillment, just the orders and payment. Packing and shipping is handled by a third party.

This is all very amusing, but even Amazon don't allow you to combine a new order with an existing pre-order, so if Amazon don't have the budget or technical ability to make this happen, why do people think SDE (a two-person team) can deliver it?

How big is the sales and customer service team at Burning Shed? They combine orders manually, and I've never been on the receiving end of any human or technical errors. It seems that Chloe is always the one replying to my requests, so I have to imagine there can't be very many people doing that same job. I realize they that they handle their own fulfillment in-house, which removes some complexity from the operation. They do host official stores for a number of artists and labels, so I see no reason why they couldn't host the SDE Shop, too. As a fellow British small music business shipping worldwide, and via multiple couriers, they seem like a natural fit for partnership. Have you considered asking Pete Morgan what they would charge to host your store and handle your fulfillment?

Of course I would, as I expect all of us at QQ would, but this has been a consistent request from day one. If you can't or don't want to work out a deal with Burning Shed, perhaps it is worth investing in one or two more part-time employees to do the work, or a consultant to figure out a solution that doesn't require expanding the team.

I have a complete series so far, but I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to keep it that way anymore - paying £10 to get two small items shipped from the same place on the same day is too steep for me.

If there was a subscription service for those who wanted a complete series, regardless of what the releases are, then I'd be in... e.g. pay for the next 3 releases up front before they're announced, with one £5 shipping fee, and they're shipped when the last of the three is released.

Paul and Anne don't do the fulfillment, just the orders and payment. Packing and shipping is handled by a third party.

How big is the sales and customer service team at Burning Shed? They combine orders manually, and I've never been on the receiving end of any human or technical errors. It seems that Chloe is always the one replying to my requests, so I have to imagine there can't be very many people doing that same job. I realize they that they handle their own fulfillment in-house, which removes some complexity from the operation. They do host official stores for a number of artists and labels, so I see no reason why they couldn't host the SDE Shop, too. As a fellow British small music business shipping worldwide, and via multiple couriers, they seem like a natural fit for partnership. Have you considered asking Pete Morgan what they would charge to host your store and handle your fulfillment?

Of course I would, as I expect all of us at QQ would, but this has been a consistent request from day one. If you can't or don't want to work out a deal with Burning Shed, perhaps it is worth investing in one or two more part-time employees to do the work, or a consultant to figure out a solution that doesn't require expanding the team.
£8 tracked and insured shipping to the USA for a blu-ray audio is good value, I think. That's the last I'm going to say on this topic. If you don't want to pay that every time you buy a blu-ray, that's fine, but there is no other option until a system-based (not manual) solution to combining orders can be found.

Paul x
Don't let the nags and belly-achers get you down, @PaulatSDE. You explained this all this quite reasonably a year ago. You're a small company with a global fanbase. Makes perfect sense to contract out the order-fulfillment logistics and keep it as simple as possible. And at 8 quid a pop, tracked & insured, we transatlantic cousins are getting a hell of a lot better value than anyone anywhere in the world is getting from, say, a certain gnarly LA-based fulfillment service I could name....

Don't let the nags and belly-achers get you down, @PaulatSDE. You explained this all this quite reasonably a year ago. You're a small company with a global fanbase. Makes perfect sense to contract out the order-fulfillment logistics and keep it as simple as possible. And at 8 quid a pop, tracked & insured, we transatlantic cousins are getting a hell of a lot better value than anyone anywhere in the world is getting from, say, a certain gnarly LA-based fulfillment service I could name....
Thank you :)

I have a complete series so far, but I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to keep it that way anymore - paying £10 to get two small items shipped from the same place on the same day is too steep for me.

If there was a subscription service for those who wanted a complete series, regardless of what the releases are, then I'd be in... e.g. pay for the next 3 releases up front before they're announced, with one £5 shipping fee, and they're shipped when the last of the three is released.
So if two items ship 4 weeks apart, that's presumably fine? Total cost to you £10 in P&P. But if they happen to ship on the same day – not SDE's choice but just because of how record labels decide to schedule things, or if the release date of one of the products gets delayed and ends up the same as another product – that's a problem even though the total cost to you is the same: £10. Seriously, what's the difference? We do not make any more money out of doing it as two separate orders, btw!

So if two items ship 4 weeks apart, that's presumably fine? Total cost to you £10 in P&P. But if they happen to ship on the same day – not SDE's choice but just because of how record labels decide to schedule things, or if the release date of one of the products gets delayed and ends up the same as another product – that's a problem even though the total cost to you is the same: £10. Seriously, what's the difference? We do not make any more money out of doing it as two separate orders, btw!
I always try to order 2 or 3 items together when paying for shipping. Happy to wait a few weeks for them all to come together if it saves me a few quid. I don't have much money, and only a very small budget of disposable income, but I like to spend it on physical music products.

Paul x
AFAIK CD-Japan is capable of shipping all at once and also items can be added to orders as long as they are not shipped. JPC in Germany (I don't know for other countries) is shipping as soon as available in multiple shipments at no extra costs, but as mentioned I don't know for international shipping.
Just as an info not meant to be criticising you.

Last edited:
Ugh - what is that saying? "Don't Look A Gift Horse in the Mouth" . Snood has been around way long enough to remember when there was a dirth of nothing or near nothing coming out for years and years in surround. Those that did try, did not last long and we were all sad when those who tried just dried up or died out quickly.

We paid out for those minor miracles along the way and were happy that the surround gods had answered our prayers.

So years later we have a lot more artists and music companies/distributors releasing surround sound.....from the Japan Sonys, Quadios, Dutton Vocalion, Zappa, the occasional overloaded (see even Snood bitching lol) boxset which includes a surround disc and our beloved SDE....there is no guarantee Sony does not lock up the vault, Dutton could go on a permanent vacation, Zappas who knows, Quadios - Well it is Rhino - when Rhino ends a program they stop full steam and we have SDE.

Could something somehow be better with all of these - well yeah but they all could be far worse too - Snood has been happy with all the companies mentioned.

Nothing is set in stone - when things end they end and we were always left thinking umm what the hell happened:unsure:

We are lucky enough to have a few of the main people from the current programs interacting with our QQ community which shows a lot of interest and concern of their customers questions and concerns.

Putting Snood's feet into Paul's from SDE shoes.....Snood gotta say for Paul to be working his butt off and stressing his butt off to get this stuff out and having to come here and see some of the urggggh complaints over just a few shekels - Snood would be tearing Snood hair out going what the freaking hell? Snood doubt that Paul is making much profit off these especially with the limited numbers - even if he was , good on him - Snood pretty sure Paul is one of us goofballs that adore surround sound and has somehow convinced the music company gods to release this stuff and him being able to have a side hustle too.

I can see Paul being just like all of us & Snood in the day (before Mom's health problems) - getting our new discs in the mail and looking forward to the night to be able to turn off the lights and crank up the new surround tunes with a drink or 2 perhaps. Now Atmos to boot. :LB

Snood not trying to kiss ass here , just asking us all to tread lightly and be more appreciative for the bounty we now have...........because Snood never want it to go back to what it was like years ago in the surround wasteland that once was.

Snood has not posted a lil rant in a bit....very busy no time - miss you all- but check in almost daily on the forums - this one just struck Snood as one Snood must Snood about.

Snood has spoken - Snood not sure what Snood just said but there it is. :SB:LB:SB

Give your Moms & Dads a hug for Snood - you never know if one day they won't remember who you are, so get those hugs in and tell them you love them as much as you can now - believe Snood when Snood say, that good stuff staves off the baddies. Be good to each other in person and online. Ya hear 😍

Last edited:
Back