WHO’S NEXT/LIFEHOUSE Box set coming in September 2023 (STEVEN WILSON DOLBY ATMOS & 5.1 MIXES CONFIRMED!!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Preordered from Bull Moose for in-store pick up and received notification that my copy is ready and waiting...but I need to wait until Friday release day to pick it up.

What continues to astonish me is that I have $100 credit at the Moose, but even after applying that credit, I still will be paying over $200 after tax for this box. Hard to justify with college bills for my son starting to come in, but I guess I can go without eating for the next couple of weeks. I'd call that a bargain!
If you were taking Ozempic that wouldn’t be a problem. 🤦‍♂️

You and your son can share a meal of ramen noodles. 😜

Just received a shipping notice from rarewaves! Let's see what arrives for $184!
Screenshot 2023-09-13 at 3.30.19 PM.png

Hey Clement just checked my email and I got a shipping notice too! Fast service.
Assuming this arrives with no issues I will be using rarewaves for future purchases.
You and me both! Especially since i also ordered Hackney Diamonds and it didn't increase my shipping cost! So much music; so few shopping carts!

I agree about the price drop. After the intitial purchases by rabid Who fans price will drop to its real value, around $180 or so until it goes out of print. Than hold on.....

Guess I'm done with importCD's.
Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your recent order.

Thank you for your recent order. All orders are subject to credit approval. Unfortunately, we were unable to obtain approval for these backordered items and have cancelled them.

If you used a credit card for your purchase, your bank or charge card provider can assist you in determining the reason. If you have any questions about your order, please send an e-mail to our customer service department at: [email protected]

----------------------
Maybe they are doing me a favor. But no one knows what it's like to be the bad man, to be the sad man, behind blue eyes....

BTW my credit score hovers around the 800 mark...
They may have done you a favor…a few of us got shipping notices from rarewaves today at the $184 price…hopefully they will re-stock and email you soon 👍🏼

Confused what y'all are expecting could arrive at your doorstep. Deliberately ruined copies of the set at markup prices?

Because I think new copies of the set are more likely to be there.

Just received a shipping notice from rarewaves! Let's see what arrives for $184!
View attachment 96244
Mine too. I am pretty confident it will be OK because I expect to see it available at that price at other vendors a couple of months from now.
Hey Clement just checked my email and I got a shipping notice too! Fast service.
Assuming this arrives with no issues I will be using rarewaves for future purchases.
WHOPPEEE! Received a similar notice. Great Price. Great Service ...... and very soon on my playlist WHO'S NEXT!

Confused what y'all are expecting could arrive at your doorstep. Deliberately ruined copies of the set at markup prices?

I'm not sure either. I am expecting a perfectly fine product but I can understand the skepticism. One vendor selling for $50+ less than all the others, seems to good to be true. And many of us were brought up to believe that if something sounds to good to be true, then it probably is.

I'm not sure either. I am expecting a perfectly fine product but I can understand the skepticism. One vendor selling for $50+ less than all the others, seems to good to be true. And many of us were brought up to believe that if something sounds to good to be true, then it probably is.
Dizactly.
With my luck it will be an overpriced version of the 2 disc set 🫠

I don't expect anything from anyone or any entity, corporate or otherwise.
Then I can be pleasantly surprised if/when my expectations are exceeded.

I just listened to the Atmos mix for the first time and, for the most part, I'm not disappointed. Great use of all channels in the 7.1.4 setup. There are quite a few loud guitar parts in the top speakers.

The sequence of "The Song Is Over" through "Going Mobile" was probably the best part, though I also thought "Won't Get Fooled Again" was amazing reimagined this way. I don't agree with the comment upthread that the album lost some visceral power and 'punch' from being spread out like this - the entrance of the drums in "Baba O'Riley" was much cleaner and more impactful than I've heard in prior versions.

I'm curious to hear what other people think, but the one track that didn't quite land right for me was "Behind Blue Eyes" - it sounds a little too clean and loses some of the emotion in the original. The backing vocals (now in the rear speakers) are quite loud in comparison to the original and it kind of startled me at first.

Who Knows? (pun intended!)

...the scepticism (on my part, at least) is down to the Rarewaves price (£139) being almost half that of Amazon (£261.)

"If a deal looks too good to be true..." and all that.

I am done with importcd's as well. They burnt their bridge with me over broadsword and the beast as it would never ship even though their site said it was in stock. So I cancelled both it and the Who and ordered from Amazon U.S. I got broadsword the day after I ordered it and the Who is suppose to be at my house on Monday the 18th. Paid a little more than what importcd's advertised price was but what good is their price if they cannot deliver the product!

Back