WHO’S NEXT/LIFEHOUSE Box set coming in September 2023 (STEVEN WILSON DOLBY ATMOS & 5.1 MIXES CONFIRMED!!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Blu-ray comes in 2 different label color variants???
IMG_4191.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4192.jpeg
    IMG_4192.jpeg
    116.1 KB · Views: 0
Or you can just enjoy it as part of your Apple Music subscription for no additional cost.

Or not :). I'd much prefer the real LOSSLESS Atmos version. Don't get me started on the difference between that & the Apple music LOSSY fake Atmos ...well..."Substitute".

Yes it's better than nothing....but with a halfway decent HT system, anyone who can't tell the Atmos difference between the Apple version and a Blu-ray version needs to have their hearing checked.
It’s pretty difficult to tell the difference on some titles, unless you start soloing specific channels (the heights in particular). Sorry you’re not a fan.

Some of us have soloed the height channels on selected mixes. Why? In the words of Bill Clinton, "...because I could."

Mine will not arrive from Amazon until Sep 20 - 22. Perhaps this is punishment for non-prime members. Why? Because they can.

Mine arrived earlier than expected, expertly packed in interlocking foam panels and tight in the cardboard box. Weighs about 10 pounds but feels like 40.

So far I really like what I hear. Drums sound nice and punchy, and that is important on this album. Nothing gimmicky in the mix but nicely spread out into the room. Bargain sticks out like a sore thumb due to it being an upmix, but not much you can do about that. I had high hopes for the climax of Won’t Get Fooled Again, and it didn’t disappoint. Nice movement in the keyboards, thunderous drums and Roger’s scream raining down from the sky all around.

Maybe it’s due to overfamiliarity with the main album, but I’m actually digging the bonus tracks even more. The Seeker sounds great. Can’t wait to get to Join Together, Let’s See Action and Relay.

Back