4 more Quadio titles coming in January 2024! (Titles Announced)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Always interesting to read these Quadio future release threads for so much minisicule information releating to quad releases from 50 years ago. So much information to be gleaned and what is most amazing is that it is still known.

Give me CSN&Y.

BTW: Only read about every third page.

Foraging Rhino specifically mentioned they were considering creating new Quad mixes.
Does that make sense this day and time, though? My way of thinking would be Atmos first, then 5.1 then maybe Quad.
I know you are a great lover of Quad, and have an extensive collection. I myself started with Quad surround in the early 70's.
But if the masters are kicking about, I would vote for, if I had a vote of course, for as many channels as possible then work down.

To be clear, I've bought all the Rhino Quads, and have been more than pleased with the fidelity. But these days I'm more about Atmos.

Does that make sense this day and time, though? My way of thinking would be Atmos first, then 5.1 then maybe Quad.
I know you are a great lover of Quad, and have an extensive collection. I myself started with Quad surround in the early 70's.
But if the masters are kicking about, I would vote for, if I had a vote of course, for as many channels as possible then work down.

To be clear, I've bought all the Rhino Quads, and have been more than pleased with the fidelity. But these days I'm more about Atmos.
well.. i'm rather fond of Atmos as well 😉 tbh i don't really care if it's 4.0, 5.1, or Atmos, just gimme more Surround Music! 😋🤤

however, Rhino did say that they were looking at doing brand new Quad mixes on Quadio Blu-ray, so whether you or i agree with that or not doesn't seem to matter i suppose!? 😅😂🤷🏻‍♀️

I surely hope they stick with new quad mixing of some Classic rock, etc. as they stated.

There may be a few false starts of albums that were destined to be quad mixed , and abandoned back in the mid 70's.

And I want this Quadio program to continue. There are some incredible albums that could use a Quad boost.

Just to name a few :
Alice Cooper Killer , Deep Purple In Rock , Jackson Browne The Pretender , Black Sabbath debut , are sure sellers in stereo , and certainly could use a quad mix . Previously overlooked potentials , and Rhino WEA have one hell of a catalogue of Rock Icons !

It wouldn't be "Quadio" if mixed in anything other than quad, so if it's mixed for this series, it would have to be mixed in quad.
nothing says they can't expand the meaning of "Quadio", as a series title, to cover other surround formats. That might annoy the etymological purists, but beyond that... ;)

Sales numbers - IIRC, FR mentioned that the Spinners Quadio shipped about 800 copies (part of a comment about how many replacements would be manufactured).

edit:
I'd pay $30 for a Quadio[+] if it had a new surround mix (probably of a 1970s album), even of it was only a new Atmos mix with an automatic downmix to DD 5.1 (I really like the ABC/Lexicon Blu-ray audio auto downmix of the Atmos mix, I play that version more often than the DTS 5.1 mix).

Kirk Bayne

Last edited:
Back