4 more Quadio titles coming in January 2024! (Titles Announced)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But...then they'd have to charge more money....and that's no fun is it? lol
I know, for this small niche of surround enthusiasts, combining an original Quad and Atmos mix in the same release at a reasonable price; what crazy SOBs' would even attem...
er, hold the ☎️

https://www.discogs.com/release/27442899-Ten-Years-After-A-Space-In-Time-
https://www.discogs.com/release/290...nsation-50th-Anniversary-Super-Deluxe-Edition
how about a Super Deluxe Edition of the first four (five) Eagles albums, with the original Quad for the last couple; and new Atmos mixes for all of them; what would that be worth?

I recall seeing the Eagles in the mid 70's a couple of times and the ticket prices were something like $7.99, what does a front row seat at an Eagles concert cost these days? :eek:

Last edited:
I know, for this small niche of surround enthusiasts, combining an original Quad and Atmos mix in the same release at a reasonable price; what crazy SOBs' would even attem...
er, hold the ☎️

https://www.discogs.com/release/27442899-Ten-Years-After-A-Space-In-Time-
https://www.discogs.com/release/290...nsation-50th-Anniversary-Super-Deluxe-Edition
how about a Super Deluxe Edition of the first four (five) Eagles albums, with the original Quad for the last couple; and new Atmos mixes for all of them; what would that be worth?

I recall seeing the Eagles in the mid 70's a couple of times and the ticket prices were something like $7.99, what does a front row seat at an Eagles concert cost these days? :eek:
Yeah. I saw Free & Rod Stewart and the Faces for $2. They set up and played to one side of Tampa stadium. Early 70's.

I’d love to see the sales numbers on all these Quadios that have been and will be released but I know that will never happen. It would be nice to compare numbers.
I agree! And I'm sure those sale numbers will affect the future releases. For example, if Billion Dollar Babies sold incredibly well and Mingus Moves was....eh, then I'm betting there's more of a chance for more rock-based stuff. Same for the Spinners vs something like J. Giels.

I'd also be curious about the people who aren't necessarily into quad/surround audio that are buying the Blu-rays specifically because of the fidelity or that they don't do vinyl. But you wouldn't know that by pure sales figures.

There’s a certain business model that seems to work by pulling off the shelf the Quad and Stereo. The main thing, is to support the titles while the getting is good. Prove that there is a market for surround sound music on Blu-Ray. If we can keep this going, then more titles will come. In addition to our group here, we need the good folks at places like SHF and Blu-Ray forums to get on board and also help out, whether one is into Stereo or Surround Music. We need everyone’s support.

The discs don’t cost that much, and where else are you going to get 24/196 classic music that sounds fantastic like these titles have accomplished. So, if we keep supporting the titles, whatever they are, and then maybe other things might happen. Don’t forget, if we don’t buy, then the vault doors will close. And we don’t want this to happen. Then a title you have always wanted won’t get a release.

Let's not let a sure thing like new quad mixes taint this incredible program , by an insistant requirement for Atmos .

Let's first see how Rhino rolls out this new perspective of quad mixes before losing site of this initiative.
I certainly wouldn't want to eff up an already promised Quadio program by suggesting Rhino persue something other than quad mixes.
The lads and lasses at Rhino are doing a great job with 50 year old Quad releases but oh no we must have more with Atmos !

There was a 5.1 DVDA program that was put to rest , it was mentioned of possibly resurrecting that in future after we run out of quad or come close to its conclusion. What was not mentioned was a must for Atmos .
So let these quads from Rhino quench your thirst firstly.

I know that there are very capable "quad mix engineers" such as these few we all know...
Andy Jackson, Steven Wilson , David Singleton , Jakko Jakszyk, Michael J. Dutton, Chris Kimsey , Alan Parsons , and probably Stephen W Taylor.

If I missed a few , I apologize.

Anyway I must reiterate , let's not ask for more than what is being offered.
There are multiple releases in Atmos out there with many more to come , but we should all give this quad program a chance to grow first and foremost.

Quad is in the minority , albeit we all love multichannel sound , so let's give these exclusive quad offerings a chance to grow.

I think that there are plenty of quad mixes to be reissued for now without much remixing.
But since quad ZZ Top "Tres Hombres" has not surfaced (yet), and if the multitracks can be located, the world owes us a "Tres Hombres" redo. Maybe Steven Wilson?

They're here!
Pretty crappy clue, huh?

Attachments

• A.jpg
    A.jpg
    276.6 KB · Views: 0
if the next batch of Quadio includes any of either the Average White Band "AWB", Roberta Flack "Killing Me Softly", Donny Hathaway "Extension Of A Man", or Gil Evans "Svengali" i will be over the moon!! 🙏🌈🤩

if the batch consists of all 4 of those, standby! ✌️😳 for my mind will be totally blown into zillions of kilobitsss!!! 🤯😋😍
You're over the moon, baby! 🌝:love::QQlove

Last edited:
Back