4 more Quadio titles coming in January 2024! (Titles Announced)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just scrolling through QQ with breakfast.......I am a naturally calm person and usually greet these Quadio announcements with a smile but I literally punched the air when I saw AWB in the stack Foraging Rhino revealed after the initial tease photo. I've had the CD-4 of this album forever and have seen them three times over the years plus going to see them again at the end of April. Brilliant!

I don't know the other three so looking forward to these 'new' albums too to catch up with great music in superb quality. Very happy to have 'discovered' Charles Mingus in the last group. Thanks FR and your colleagues for this incredible re-release programme.

These quadio's do not seem to be very widely available in the EU, which seems odd as a lot of other Rhino titles are (e.g. Moondance). I think I read somewhere that initially they are only available D2C through the Rhino online store? Is this going to change? Most of the quadio's that have been released until now are a bit beyond my 'comfort zone' and while I would like to try some of them, shipping and importing them from the USA to the EU is very expensive (I think $40 for one bundle of four quadio's). And then I have read that multiple people did not even receive their order at all, which seems to even less of an incentive to buy these. Don't have a clue as to what the market is like in the EU and if it would be profitable to distribute through EU channels as well...

Last edited:
I surely hope they stick with new quad mixing of some Classic rock, etc. as they stated.

There may be a few false starts of albums that were destined to be quad mixed , and abandoned back in the mid 70's.

And I want this Quadio program to continue. There are some incredible albums that could use a Quad boost.

Just to name a few :
Alice Cooper Killer , Deep Purple In Rock , Jackson Browne The Pretender , Black Sabbath debut , are sure sellers in stereo , and certainly could use a quad mix . Previously overlooked potentials , and Rhino WEA have one hell of a catalogue of Rock Icons !
Deep Purple In Rock would be fantastic. (Perhaps they could persuade DP to also release SW's mix of Made In Japan. I bet he mixed the bonus tracks that were not on the orginal release as well.)

WAR!!! 🌈☮️🪚💥✌️😎
what is it good for!? 👀
absolutely Quadio!! 😂

AWB?! 👀😅
OMG!!!! 🤯❤️🥳

for anyone here who hasn't heard the Average White Band Quad already - get ready - it's one of the best Quads of all-time 🤩

oh and maaaannn... Svengali is going to absolutely knock your socks off, i remember demoing my old Quad setup with it years ago and those listening were aghast at what they were hearing, it's stunning 😍

I agree! And I'm sure those sale numbers will affect the future releases. For example, if Billion Dollar Babies sold incredibly well and Mingus Moves was....eh, then I'm betting there's more of a chance for more rock-based stuff. Same for the Spinners vs something like J. Giels.

I'd also be curious about the people who aren't necessarily into quad/surround audio that are buying the Blu-rays specifically because of the fidelity or that they don't do vinyl. But you wouldn't know that by pure sales figures.
Mingus. I still haven’t listened to my copy. No thabks…

Different strokes for different folks, but the overall breadth & diversity of this historic re-issue series is becoming more apparent with this latest announcement.

Personally, this third offering is the most desirable so far.

History records the Gil Evans album won the 1973 Grammy for best jazz performance by a group.

Back