4 more Quadio titles coming in January 2024! (Titles Announced)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the way these Quadio sets are being released, with great diversity.
Reminds me of Bill Graham in San Francisco he had the beautiful insight to bring different opposing bands together with venues like Fillmore West, Winterland and Fillmore East to name a few.
These diverse concerts, as an example, The Grateful Dead and Miles Davis on the same bill, opened people up to each other and to there music.
I was lucky enough to be to many of these wow concerts.
Music should always be one of exploration, beauty, conversation with different view points, but the trick is to actually experience the music.
QQ is absolutely the Bill Graham of my youth that I crave now that I am older. If not for QQ I do believe my life would be less than it is.

https://www.worldradiohistory.com/Archive-All-Audio/Archive-Audio/70s/Audio-1975-01.pdf#page=71^^^
This is a musically and aurally fantastic album, one of the finest CD-4 records yet offered.
&
...this disc is one which proves that CD-4 not only works, but works damn well!

This convinced me to special order the album (from Discount Records) in early 1975, anyway, it'll be great to hear it in quad (I did play the CD-4 a few times with my [almost] working CD-4 system).

Kirk Bayne

Thanks for the link.
The ad for A-T CD-4 cartridges reminds my why quad was unattainable to me at the time, when $100 = $678 today.

Last sentence of the review "...if you're broke, find a quadrophonic showroom, ask for this specific record..."
Those were the days...
:51QQ

I'd guess that the team did not use the Q8's to assess where channels are supposed to go on any of these BluRays. :ROFLMAO: I'm under the impression that It's sometimes found on the track sheets or tape boxes what is what, but it's gotta be a little nervy when a judgement call must be made, or opinions differ.
There was no indication on he tape boxes and using the typical layout just sounded weird. The "aha" moment was during "Four Cornered Room" after we swapped the left front and left rear channels.

There was no indication on he tape boxes and using the typical layout just sounded weird. The "aha" moment was during "Four Cornered Room" after we swapped the left front and left rear channels.
Was something supposed to circle the four corners and then a zig-zag pan was heard? Then after the switch was made, all songs seemed to fall into their positions better as well?

So happy for Good Old Boys!! If you are a fan of this it's worth seeking out the CD release that included Newman's demo version of the album. Good Old Boys is an absolutely brilliant piece of American songwriting.
And look at the team behind the recording production:

Producer – Lenny Waronker, Russ Titelman
Mixed By – Donn Landee, Lee Herschberg
Moog And Arp Programmed By – Malcolm Cecil, Robert Margouleff

Absolutely thrilled with this batch, especially Good Old Boys which is my favorite Newman (and I’m a huge fan). Svengali will be a leap of faith since I’ve never heard it.

I have to admit after buying the first bundle I was not even tempted by the second batch except The Spinners which I thankfully didn’t order right away. I’ll pick it up when I order these.

OMG !! 'The World Is A Ghetto' quadraphonic release on BluRay
I am so happy to have lived long enough to see this announcement !

Thank You ForagingRhino, Thank You !
I'm in for the Whole Bundle, again.

As I boldly stated before in the "Forget Reality, what is your Dream multi-channel release?" thread :
>>>
My Dream List (Jan. 21, 2020)
I would pre-order all of these immediately :

Ambrosia - Somewhere I've Never Travelled [ Alan Parsons produced & engineered, should also do the surround mix ]
P.D.Q. Bach - 1712 Overture & Other Musical Assaults*** [ balloons popping in surround ... Goose Bumps !! ]
Robin Trower - Bridge Of Sighs
The Eagles - Desperado
Tower of Power - Bump City
The Outlaws - debut album
Camel - Moon Madness*, Breathless
Andreas Vollenweider - White Winds**
War - All Day Music, Deliver The Word, World Is A Ghetto****
Enya - Watermark
The Who - Who's Next*
Flim & The BBs - Tricycle, Big Notes
10cc - Bloody Tourists
Al Stewart - Year of the Cat [ Alan Parsons produced, should also do the surround mix ]
>>>
**** Billboard's #1 "Album Of The Year" 1973
*** Telarc label Grammy Winner for 'Best Comedy Album of the Year"
** found there is a Dolby Surround CD which sounds excellent
* buried in box set, waiting for 'stand alone' release

Last edited:
And look at the team behind the recording production:

Producer – Lenny Waronker, Russ Titelman
Mixed By – Donn Landee, Lee Herschberg
Moog And Arp Programmed By – Malcolm Cecil, Robert Margouleff

Good old boys is my fav in this batch because it's more my style (like Carly Simon Jackson Browne etc etc). I have several mint cd-4's of both "Good Old Boys" and "AWB", but in my lifelong search for quad music I have never seen the "War" or "Gil Evans" titles in any quad format.... ever! If I would have found them it would have been a "no brainer" purchase and I wouldn't have cared whether it turns out I like them or not. I will be buying all four quadios as I want to hear the original quad mixes in the same fidelity as if they were available on quad reels back in the day. How much would you pay for a "Robin reel" of any of these titles? About the only quadio I would hesitate to purchase in the future is "The New Seekers" (I have it on the original Q4 and ain't planning on listening to it again any time soon). FORAGING RHINO, you are making these days some of the most exciting in my audio life. Please, keep em coming!

Regard, the Sabbath/Paranoid album. Everybody and their DOG wanted that album.
I'm still bummed that wasn't on the UK store. I know it's a rights problem, but there are deals to be done and money to be made.

Now I wait to see which of this new batch are on the UK store. I really want AWB.

These quadio's do not seem to be very widely available in the EU, which seems odd as a lot of other Rhino titles are (e.g. Moondance). I think I read somewhere that initially they are only available D2C through the Rhino online store? Is this going to change? Most of the quadio's that have been released until now are a bit beyond my 'comfort zone' and while I would like to try some of them, shipping and importing them from the USA to the EU is very expensive (I think $40 for one bundle of four quadio's). And then I have read that multiple people did not even receive their order at all, which seems to even less of an incentive to buy these. Don't have a clue as to what the market is like in the EU and if it would be profitable to distribute through EU channels as well...
Would ordering from the UK partner store work any better to the EU? (he says through gritted teeth since we used to be in the EU...)

Would ordering from the UK partner store work any better to the EU? (he says through gritted teeth since we used to be in the EU...)
Not anymore. Probably shipping will be faster but import taxes hit from UK too.

For me , the real winner is War The World Is A Ghetto, followed closely by Randy Newman Good Old Boys.

Gil Evans Svengali , I never had back in the day...so it will be a surprise album for my ears.

AWB ...had it and never got into the disco aspect of the music....so i'll pass.
But for those who do...best of listening....it is a very good quad mix .
Still 3 out of four ain't bad.

@ForagingRhino
So thankyou Steve , and all those quad Rhino elves , that helped bring about this set.

Hoping for more Rock or Folk Rock oriented material ...for next time , in March ?

Back