4 more Quadio titles coming in January 2024! (Titles Announced)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good grief, you must have like 2 albums to listen to then. Or bubble gum rock. Nearly all good music with lyrical content is some form of expression by the artist, and that inevitably takes stances on the issue they're signing about (instantly making their song and stance 'political' in 2023). You're feeding into the very thing you're supposedly trying to avoid (shelter yourself from) -- hyper-whatever-ism. You're just aspiring to a new and arbitrary 'hyper-whatever-ism'.

Randy Newman is a hard pass for me, just because the music hasn't aged well and he doesn't "do anything for me". We're allowed to have tastes and it doesn't have to be political. AWB are the clear winners of this round, IMHO of course.

I wasn't shilling for Randy Newman. I was just explaining the album for those that don't know it. There is no shame in not liking an artist, popular or not. It's all personal preference. There are many artists and/or songs that people love that I hate. Nothing you can say will make me like their stuff. Not a big deal. That's why it's great that these Quadio 4 packs are all over the map in their genres. You don't have to buy any of them, or all of them. It's no disgrace to think something sucks! :)

News flash - Corrected Spinners discs and in the house and back up for sale on the website
Previous purchasers should get an email next week with details about replacement product.
Carry on...
If we ordered directly from RHINO, Steve, will we automatically be sent a replacement Spinners' disc?

News flash - Corrected Spinners discs and in the house and back up for sale on the website
Previous purchasers should get an email next week with details about replacement product.
Carry on...

For those of us waiting to purchase from a local retailer, can we assume that any copies they get will be the corrected discs?

Thanks!

Well I'm definitely in now, guess what I got today? Finally found a Chicago box and only paid a little too much for it (as opposed to the way too much that sellers seem to want these days). I guess that means I also have to track down the Doobies box as well as then I'll have all of the Quadios, right? (I have now Chicago and both Quadio 4-disc bundles that have already shipped)

AWB yeah, what an album!!!!! Hopefully Cut the Cake AWB also down the road... had them both on Q8 back in the day. War The World is a Ghetto on Q8... my brother had it, I just listened to his, never had a copy myself... No brainer for me to get both of those... Thanks Rhino and Steve!!!!!!!!!!!!

If only Rhino had Edgar Winter They only come out at Night... and the Elton John titles that didn't come out (yet)... those are Holy Grails for me :)
I don't think Cut The Cake was ever released in Quad. 1975. It should have been, but wasn't. AWB was 1974.

Well I'm definitely in now, guess what I got today? Finally found a Chicago box and only paid a little too much for it (as opposed to the way too much that sellers seem to want these days). I guess that means I also have to track down the Doobies box as well as then I'll have all of the Quadios, right? (I have now Chicago and both Quadio 4-disc bundles that have already shipped)
Yes. As long as you like the Doobies and those albums as well then you do need it. It's a very collectible series, and currently the titles are accessible for purchase.

I'm sure that a few of us feel that the Quadio line of releases are the finest series of 70s quadraphonic reissues ever undertaken. For sound quality and top choices of rock, pop, and R&B titles, and number of classics and now a consistent flow of new releases, they've really brought home the bacon.

I don't have it but I am pretty certain there is an Aretha Franklin Quadio as well.

Attachments

• IMG_3728.jpeg
    IMG_3728.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Aretha was the first, then a CTA, then the Chicago box, then Doobies. The rest is history....at least I think that's it. Here's the CTA:

20231214_224544.jpg

Aretha was the first, then a CTA, then the Chicago box, then Doobies. The rest is history....at least I think that's it. Here's the CTA:

View attachment 99347
Actually, CTA came out first [March 2010] followed by The Best of Aretha [August 2010].....and a GREAT comparison of Lossy vs. lossless would be the DTS RHINO QUADIO of CTA and Rhino's Chicago BD~A 192/24 box set which clearly shows that the CTA BD~A contained in this set is heads and heels above their 2010 DVD~V DTS version.

The original Rhino DVD~V of CTA is now going for slightly under $10 @ discogs whereas The Best of ARETHA is currently priced at $94!

Still hoping that ARETHA LIVE will eventually be released as a BD~A in the near future!

Back