4 more Quadio titles coming in January 2024! (Titles Announced)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really have to be careful what I spend money on as I am highly unlikely to still have my job by the end of this year.

Meanwhile, this is the first bundle that I've ordered all four titles of. Wasn't too hard for me to pick and choose before, but this bundle made it a lot harder!

Hey, I need stuff to listen to while I'm home all day sulking, right?

I really have to be careful what I spend money on as I am highly unlikely to still have my job by the end of this year.

Meanwhile, this is the first bundle that I've ordered all four titles of. Wasn't too hard for me to pick and choose before, but this bundle made it a lot harder!

Hey, I need stuff to listen to while I'm home all day sulking, right?
Well since you have time to plan for another job you might land on your feet. I've had to go out and find new work sometimes and it worked out ok. I even had to settle for less money, but found the new job much easier and less stressful. Stay positive and things will be at least ok.

I was planning to use Warner Music Australia this time around as their per disc price was AU$30 with AU$10 flat rate shipping regardless of number of discs. This would work out cheaper than buying the bundle for US$79.95 + shipping + currency conversion. Wouldn't you know it, Warner Music Australia are only stocking the War and Randy Newman discs this time around, and the per disc price has jumped to AU$40! Bastards. Looks like it's back to Rhino and the cracked cases.
That's a worry that Warner Australia are only stocking 2 of the latest bundle. I too ordered my Spinners and America discs from WA as buying from the US would have worked out more expensive.

I'm not interested in any 4 of the latest bundle but I'm concerned as to what we may locally miss out on in future batches.

What was that discount code?
There is WELCOME10 for 10% Off but that, when factoring in expensive shipping, results is a total price way higher than buying from the US site (for two bundles, after currency conversions discounts, shipping etc it’s $59CDN cheaper from the US)

Well I did try for that 20 per cent dig.
I typed in 20 per cent , and no go .....so it's the 10 per cent on WELCOME10 only.
Too bad....maybe next time.

Wow ......really starting to scrape the bottom of the quad barrel. So many GREAT 70's quad releases are being ignored!! What's wrong with a Quadio boxed set of Carly Simon or Seals & Croft???....Frank Zappa Apostrophe, Nilsson Schmilsson, The original quad mixes of The Allman Brothers Eat a Peach, Live at the Fillmore, Cat Stevens Greatest Hits....Just to name a few, the list could go on & on with better choices than these last 4.

The only one I purchased was the Average White Band & I'm not all that thrilled about that one. The other releases are at the very fringe of popularity, will not & I REPEAT, will not sell well. I not sure what's Rhino "strategy" is with these 4 lame releases, but they better get back to the popular titles or this Quadio thing is going to go down in flames.

Wow ......really starting to scrape the bottom of the quad barrel. So many GREAT 70's quad releases are being ignored!! What's wrong with a Quadio boxed set of Carly Simon or Seals & Croft???....Frank Zappa Apostrophe, Nilsson Schmilsson, The original quad mixes of The Allman Brothers Eat a Peach, Live at the Fillmore, Cat Stevens Greatest Hits....Just to name a few, the list could go on & on with better choices than these last 4.

The only one I purchased was the Average White Band & I'm not all that thrilled about that one. The other releases are at the very fringe of popularity, will not & I REPEAT, will not sell well. I not sure what's Rhino "strategy" is with these 4 lame releases, but they better get back to the popular titles or this Quadio thing is going to go down in flames.
Besides what @sjcorne mentioned, that so many you listed aren't in the Rhino family (some were, like Allman Brothers, but are no longer,) I'm guessing that Rhino is trying to release a diverse set each time -- to try to keep all musical tastes happy. The first bundle was basically all rock. The next was quite varied. This one, too. Although I didn't buy the bundle this time and probably shouldn't have the last time, I'm very happy with their selections. As long as they keep them coming!!

War was probably the biggest surprise. Who would have thought or known that Rhino had access to this United Artists title?

Last edited:

I’d rather have just about any of the last 25 Quadio titles that were released over Seals and Crofts or Carly Simon. These two artists made some very memorable hit songs of course, but I never warmed up to their albums that much.

Then there are some really special album artists still to come out on Quadio BluRay. I think they are pacing the series out with some left field type of titles mixed in with top seller hit albums. It’s great for the longevity of the series.

Anyway if Joni, Jackson, Purple, Rod, another J. Geils, and even Eagles are in the pipeline then it’s certainly not scraping the bottom of the barrel here, not with a possible reissue of Billy Cobham, and that double live MJQ which is a really beautiful recording with stellar performances, and at least a dozen others I’m looking forward to.

Last edited:
I’d rather have just about any of the last 25 Quadio titles that were released over Seals and Crofts or Carly Simon. These two artists made some very memorable hit songs of course, but I never warmed up to their albums that much.

Then there are some really special album artists still to come out on Quadio BluRay. I think they are pacing the series out with some left field type of titles mixed in with top seller hit albums. It’s great for the longevity of the series.

Anyway if Joni, Jackson, Purple, Rod, another J. Geils, and even Eagles are in the pipeline then it’s certainly not scraping the bottom of the barrel here, not with a possible reissue of Billy Cobham, and that double live MJQ which is really beautiful recording and stellar performances, and at least a dozen others I’m looking forward to.
I'm with you! As long as it's classic Quad, at least for me...not scraping the bottom. But I understand folks have favorites and not so much favorites. I do too, but I love the Quadio series and will buy them all.

I not sure what's Rhino "strategy" is with these 4 lame releases, but they better get back to the popular titles or this Quadio thing is going to go down in flames.
Two of these albums literally hit #1 in the US and 2-3 of the 4 seem to be highly acclaimed. Sure, they may not be as big superstars as other artists but are worthwhile releases. I'd suggest to be willing to expand your horizons a little for music in general.

Two of these albums literally hit #1 in the US and 2-3 of the 4 seem to be highly acclaimed. Sure, they may not be as big superstars as other artists but are worthwhile releases. I'd suggest to be willing to expand your horizons a little for music in general.
That is what I like about Rhino Quadio, Super Deluxe Edition or Dutton Vocalion. I'll buy recordings that in the past I wouldn't have dreamed of. It introduces me to music that is unknown to me and taking a chance (with the exception of Soft Cell), I usually like them all.

The other labels like Sony Japan and DV are looking at what Rhino is doing with vintage quad, same as Rhino saw what AF was able to do with Quad on modern disc. I think they inspire each other’s work in the field, it’s very healthy competition in my opinion. It (good selection of titles) gets the consumers to hook up a couple additional speakers to check out all the action. Just a small market, but it takes several labels’ offerings to get the action going. It takes Black Sabbath, Alice Cooper, and Deep Purple, then Santana and Jeff Beck, as well as DV doing Return to Forever, Weather Report, Guess Who and Art Garfunkel to go with those AF titles like Sly, Loggins and Messina, EW&F, and Bread.

So yeah collectively this is a lot of quad activity going on. And Quadraphonic Quad is pretty important to us to keep up with all of this action.

It was raining hard the last two hours and I woke up from the sound on my roof. So I just started writing posts on my phone. I guess I can go back to sleep now maybe.

Last edited:
Back