4 more Quadio titles coming in January 2024! (Titles Announced)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If these are coming out in January, that's 3.5 weeks away. Why must this remain a secret? With practically all other multichannel releases, they are announced many months in advance, if not years in some cases.

If these are coming out in January, that's 3.5 weeks away. Why must this remain a secret? With practically all other multichannel releases, they are announced many months in advance, if not years in some cases.
I prefer this approach. There's nothing worse than vapourware that is announced and then years later still nothing has come out.

I prefer FR’s approach, too. It’s a relatively short amount of time and, most of us I think, enjoy the clues and have a good time with this.

Personally, I’ve had it with stuff announced months (meaning 6 months or more in my case) or years in advance only to get delayed, cancelled, etc. (Next month will be my 2 year anniversary for the Hendrix release that was announced then pulled. But it’s still seen as a pre-order by Amazon, so I’ll let it sit there.)

If it were to be a James Taylor (all Q formats releases), this would take Donnie Hathaway out of the running.

Randy Newman Sail Away does not fit format wise (Q4 & Q8), Good Old Boys was an all Q formats release, I’m leaning towards this one as it’s his early WB masterpiece. Hathaway is going to have to wait.

Ok hoping that our next clue tells us what labels these were originally on. But that might be a dead giveaway or close to it.

One on Reprise
Two were on Atlantic
No wait, three were on Atlantic records
Ok a gem from Elektra?
Again no Asylum?
One album that was not originally a WEA?

MOST ESPECIALLY from those 15ips QUAD analogue masters transferred to BD~A @ 192/24 resolution and I believe a high priority on everyone's list here at QQ Forum!

In fact would constitute a nice little box set as the LIVE gig was a double LP and would fit comfortably on a single BD~A. You can package the discs in a clam shell box and call it THE WAR CHEST!

PayPlay.FM - WAR - WAR Live (Vinyl) CD1 Mp3 Download

Deliver the Word. United Artist USTQ-128-QF (QR), UA-DA128-H (Q8)
Live (Complete). United Artist [2 LP] UA-DA1930-P (Q8)
Live Vol. 1. United Artist UA-DA1931-H (Q8)
Live Vol. 2. United Artist UA-DA1932-P (Q8)
The World is a Ghetto. United Artist USTQ-5652-QF (QR),
UA-DA178-H (Q8)
I wore out 8 tracks of this way back when! I'd be all over a BD Surround of this.

Both certainly are now controlled by Rhino. Have been for many many years. You didn’t know?
No, for War i have the stereo Avenue Gold series and don't remember Rhino on there.

Randy Newman Sail Away does not fit format wise (Q4 & Q8), Good Old Boys was an all Q formats release, I’m leaning towards this one as it’s his early WB masterpiece. Hathaway is going to have to wait.

Randy Newman Sail Away , was only available as a Q4 title .
Reprise RSTQ-2064-QF (QR)*

*( according to the listing in Quad Incorporated)

Oh I'm expecting another two, three, or four new clues (one for each title) well before a color motion graphic finally appears.
I suppose the next clue at the end of this month, ... maybe , ? , I think.....will show us the quadio emblems with the album's colour backround.

Last edited:
No, for War i have the stereo Avenue Gold series and don't remember Rhino on there.
Rhino took over distribution of the Avenue catalog (Far Out Productions) six or seven years ago after a Universal Music agreement expired.

So just like the Jefferson Starship Grunt label titles, there is some hope there for a few Quadio releases.

Back