Batch #2 of Rhino Atmos Blu-Rays coming August 2024!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, the Black Sabbath listing is rather sloppy. (Stereo audio presented in 5.1?) Gonna wait a bit for it to be fixed up a little.

View attachment 108827

@ForagingRhino Bringing this to your attention in case it helps! (Also, I'm curious if it's just the original stereo mix or the stereo remix.)
Yeah, saw that on the press release. Geez.
I think the stereo is the original mix.

Just ordered the Chicago. Not a huge fan, and never got the previous quadio releases, but this greatest hits package is just right for me. Already have the greatest hits Seal DVDA, so I'm good there as well. Not really interested in live Sabbath or Carly.

Wish we had the multitracks to do so.
Technical Ecstasy anyone?

Even with the one upmixed track (It's Alright) this would make for a really compelling Atmos remix - the original mix seems to be the victim of too many substances and an unfamiliar studio (Criteria) and SW's stereo remix is a revelation by comparison. Throw in the outtake version of She's Gone with the full orchestra as well, that would be epic in surround.

Maybe you can find the tapes for the aborted live album from the 1977 Technical Ecstacy Tour, while you're at it - it's probably the original lineup's last really good tour, because aside from the acrimony and drug issues, Ozzy started the 1978 Never Say Die tour with a cold, blew out his voice and never really got better. To get a properly mixed 1977 show would be a godsend for fans of the band.

1725056425694.png1725056467993.png1725056475197.png1725056481778.png1725056489870.png

yes that happened to the doors hits bluray for example...but is not clear to me if that applies to ANY of their titles...or if certain ones remain exclusives forever. i'd prefer to purchase from resellers since i repeat for international buyers the Rhino experience is something else.............................in my experience especially because of absurd obscure -at least to me- postal fees i had to pay on delivery (and customs of course)
At least for now. Probably show up at other retailers in due time.

yes that happened to the doors hits bluray for example...but is not clear to me if that applies to ANY of their titles...or if certain ones remain exclusives forever. i'd prefer to purchase from resellers since i repeat for international buyers the Rhino experience is something else.............................in my experience especially because of absurd obscure -at least to me- postal fees i had to pay on delivery (and customs of course)
so far both the quad and BR hit other retailers after an exclusive time period with Rhino.
There are some regional distribution issues so sometimes not all of them do and you need to buy from a domestic US retailer.

at least that is observations to date.

so far both the quad and BR hit other retailers after an exclusive time period with Rhino.
There are some regional distribution issues so sometimes not all of them do and you need to buy from a domestic US retailer.

at least that is observations to date.
thank you

Wish we had the multitracks to do so.
Technical Ecstasy anyone?

I'd buy it . My preference would be 1970's Black Sabbath , or 1971's Master Of Reality, although missing tapes ?, maybe.

Spock Wall , the bands roadie , mixed a quad show for King Biscuit-around mid 75 , I believe. But the multichannel tapes might be elusive.

I'd buy it . My preference would be 1970's Black Sabbath , or 1971's Master Of Reality, although missing tapes ?, maybe.

Spock Wall , the bands roadie , mixed a quad show for King Biscuit-around mid 75 , I believe. But the multichannel tapes might be elusive.
All the master tapes for all the studio albums, barring 7 of the 8 tracks from Technical Ecstasy are apparently missing. Master tapes of outtakes from the first four albums were found in a vault in the UK somewhere about 10 years ago - these were issued on the Sanctuary deluxe editions of the first three albums shortly after that, and the more recent super deluxe edition of Vol. 4, which features Steven Wilson remixes of the outtakes.

The 1975 show (Asbury Park, NJ, 8/5/75) that Spock Wall (who was the band's live sound engineer, and a consultant on the quad remix of Paranoid) mixed is featured in full on the recent super deluxe edition of Sabotage, though it appears that they were sourced from the low-bitrate mp3s available for purchase on the Wolfgang's Vault website. That version was a remix done in the '90s from the multitracks (without Wall) because all the King Biscuit mixed masters perished in the 1982 DIR vault fire. I'm pretty sure that all that was originally broadcast on KBFH was about 25 minutes, whereas the full show runs in excess of 90 minutes.

Presumably Wolfgang's Vault, having bought all the KBFH assets, have the original multitrack in their possession, though supposedly they want exorbitant rates to license the things they own, which may explain the lossy provenance of their stuff on the recent Sabbath deluxe editions.

All the master tapes for all the studio albums, barring 7 of the 8 tracks from Technical Ecstasy are apparently missing. Master tapes of outtakes from the first four albums were found in a vault in the UK somewhere about 10 years ago - these were issued on the Sanctuary deluxe editions of the first three albums shortly after that, and the more recent super deluxe edition of Vol. 4, which features Steven Wilson remixes of the outtakes.

The 1975 show (Asbury Park, NJ, 8/5/75) that Spock Wall (who was the band's live sound engineer, and a consultant on the quad remix of Paranoid) mixed is featured in full on the recent super deluxe edition of Sabotage, though it appears that they were sourced from the low-bitrate mp3s available for purchase on the Wolfgang's Vault website. That version was a remix done in the '90s from the multitracks (without Wall) because all the King Biscuit mixed masters perished in the 1982 DIR vault fire. I'm pretty sure that all that was originally broadcast on KBFH was about 25 minutes, whereas the full show runs in excess of 90 minutes.

Presumably Wolfgang's Vault, having bought all the KBFH assets, have the original multitrack in their possession, though supposedly they want exorbitant rates to license the things they own, which may explain the lossy provenance of their stuff on the recent Sabbath deluxe editions.

I don't know what would be more depressing for us/and for Sabbath , that they got screwed over financially by their first ,....then second , manager.
Or that all the work they put into making those first five or six albums in the 70's for their convinced fans, ....have all those incredible masters evaporate.
With the Paranoid album exception, of course.

Back