Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you Mr. Immersive Mix Engineer & the robots for thoroughly dusting off all my speakers!
You just can't miss a heartbeat of this wonderful mix Haiku.
It's blowing the hairs out of my ears 😄
It sure is giving a certain Mr Wilson some welcome competition.

And this ain't a speaker gimmick mix for the sake of it.
This release was crying out for Atmos.
And boy did it get it...

You just can't miss a heartbeat of this wonderful mix Haiku.
It's blowing the hairs out of my ears 😄
It sure is giving a certain Mr Wilson some welcome competition.

And this ain't a speaker gimmick mix for the sake of it.
This release was crying out for Atmos.
And boy did it get it...
played it through a couple of times already, ticks all the Surround-y boxes - and then some! ✅🤣

do we know who mixed it? 👀

@Clement turned me onto this today, completely awesome a 4.0 release, listed as Dolby Atmos but plays 4.0, SUPER GREAT.
All my ripping of Mind Games is done, now just have to tag properly and make little folders look beautiful.
I wish I could buy this quad of Johnny Winter.
Although i dig a shout out as much as the next QQer, it's @~dave~~wave~ who deserves the props! Here's his POST

I would think Dave Fridmann was definitely involved.
There is a post by @PurpleMoustache pointing to a picture from an instagram post saying mixed by Dave Fridmann and Elliot Scheiner
marvellous!! 🙌🤩
thank you! 🙏

Only as @sjcorne mentioned earlier: the placement of those names is a little ambiguous. Like him, I suspect the Fridmann/Scheiner credit applies to the 5.1 mix. The Atmos mix is more likely Dave & Jonathan Fridmann, even though they haven't updated their 2024 credits list on the Tarbox website yet:
https://www.tarboxroadstudios.com/atmos.html

However: last year on the News/Notes page they said this:
"July 15, 2023 Behind the scene, Jon and Dave have been working on mixing a couple Flaming Lips albums in Dolby Atmos, Wayne is here listening."

There is a post by @PurpleMoustache pointing to a picture from an instagram post saying mixed by Dave Fridmann and Elliot Scheiner
That being said, that's right next to the DTS-HD 5.1 logo, which I would assume would be the lossless version of the old DVD 5.1 mix...

Once it hits tidal and/or the disc gets announced I think we'll know for sure

Speaking of Apple Music, does anyone know how to change the display mode from this:
WhatsApp Image 2024-07-13 at 4.13.36 PM.jpeg

to this:
WhatsApp Image 2024-07-13 at 4.13.27 PM.jpeg

When Im on the top view, I click back and it goes to the wished display, but after a couple of mins it goes back to the mosaic view.

Speaking of Apple Music, does anyone know how to change the display mode from this:
View attachment 107569
to this:
View attachment 107570

When Im on the top view, I click back and it goes to the wished display, but after a couple of mins it goes back to the mosaic view.
Apple Music screen navigation on the Apple TV 4K leaves a lot to be desired. It's not intuitive. Instead of going "back", try going "down" and select "Go to Album" (I think that is what it says, from what I recall).

@~dave~~wave~ turned me onto this today, completely awesome a 4.0 release, listed as Dolby Atmos but plays 4.0, SUPER GREAT.
I wish I could buy this quad of Johnny Winter.
Dolby Audio, not Dolby Atmos. Has been out for some time (11/21). Saints & Sinners & Still Alive and Well are also out in Dolby Audio (there is a thread for that).

Back