Rhino Quadio Batch 5 for August 2024!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Serious as a heart attack 💔. No joke.
Ask anybody. True of all previous quadio releases.

After 50 years of waiting, 100 days is nothing, to an old man like me.
Duke Ellington's not worried about it, he won't see a penny of your purchase in jazz heaven. 🎹 👼
I feel you, I'd wish every cent of what I pay for that disc would go to him. I will try to wait these magic 100 days (though every day with temptation of the immediate purchase, I always suffer from the out-of-stock-now-you-buy-double-the-price-on-discogs paranoia😬)

I feel you, I'd wish every cent of what I pay for that disc would go to him. I will try to wait these magic 100 days (though every day with temptation of the immediate purchase, I always suffer from the out-of-stock-now-you-buy-double-the-price-on-discogs paranoia😬
All quadio discs remain in print at this time, things like the Seals & Crofts are temporary warehouse stock shortages, not permanent.

S&C is showing an Amazon availability date in late August, so there will certainly be more stock coming.

One needs to be very clean in order to shake them off your trail to use a discount code again. Sign on as guest, use diff email account, and different payment method for starters. Clean out your cookie jar can help too. Use a diff browser. always a way if the code is known to work.
Or get this, a laptop you have not bought from Rhino on before. Complete new info as above and a different computer that has no rhino cookies on it.
Yeah I think in this specific case it's different. The code works and the order looks fine before pressing the go button, but fails after that.

OK so order day comes around. Once again I have no knowledge of where to find any codes. So of course I don't use one.
Where the hell do you guys get these codes from? I've asked before and get vague answers.
I've bought every Quadio batch so far, BTW. For sure Rhino never sent me any discount codes.

OK so order day comes around. Once again I have no knowledge of where to find any codes. So of course I don't use one.
Where the hell do you guys get these codes from? I've asked before and get vague answers.
I've bought every Quadio batch so far, BTW. For sure Rhino never sent me any discount codes.
They have been posted in every Quadio “upcoming attractions” threads.

They were posted about one page ago both the 10 and 15% here. As long as you haven't used them before or in a while or do some tricks around it, they should work as they did with me with the sample shopping cart test earlier today.

Is the band name "Bread" ironic? Because it strikes me as such a generic white band name that I honestly have to ask.
Yes it is iconic...but maybe in a different sense than how it seems to me that it strikes you.
Go look at the cover of their 1st album. This is how I took the name 'Bread' to mean....

Last edited:
Yes it is iconic...but maybe in a different sense than how it seems to me that it strikes you.
Go look at the cover of their 1st album. This is how I took 'Bread'!
One of my Mom’s favorite bands. Will be fun to listen with her, same as we did with the AF Best of and some of my LPs.

The ambiance added is incredible. The best I have ever heard in quad. I don't like piano recorded close-miked. It doesn't sound natural. Piano needs reverb (not too much) to sound right.

Doug
I have the CD-4 (hasn't weathered the decades very well), the quad reel and a stereo CD. Frankly, all the Nonesuch quads from this specific era are worthy of a Quadio release.

Listening to Bread & Graham again on Qobuz/Roon. Bread album is better than I gave it before on a cursory listens. Reminds me of America, whose albums I always like. I guess I'm in a mellower mood early this AM than I was yesterday. I still think Baby is kind of sappy but the song I'm listening to now, Dream Lady, has some organ and a harder edge to it, which I do like.

And Graham is also better on repeated listenings. I can dig it.

I wasn't in the right mood earlier in the week when sample listening. My wife of 52 yrs has a serious medical situation that was diagnosed last Dec and her latest tests this week weren't great. Stressful. Outwardly I try to be OK but I think I'm internalizing it.

No sense in getting only 3 when I can get all 4 for same $$, I'll order the bundle later today. Music soothes the soul, especially in quad.
Sorry to hear about your wife's health issue - here's hoping for the best for both of you. Be sure to take care of yourself as well as her during all of this.

My wife of 52 yrs has a serious medical situation that was diagnosed last Dec and her latest tests this week weren't great. Stressful. Outwardly I try to be OK but I think I'm internalizing it.
I’m hoping the best for your wife. And I hope there is plenty of joy in both your lives.

Back