Rhino Quadio Batch 5 for August 2024!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Huh, you're in Torrance, and I'm in the Valley maybe ten miles from you. You got yours today, and mine isn't coming until Monday. I ordered the first day of pre-orders too.

Figures.
I'm quite a bit north of you and was originally told Monday as well, but it's allegedly coming today. So maybe you'll get a pleasant surprise!

The latest Quadio batch arrived this morning. The Duke Ellington New Orleans Suite is phenomenal. It has wonderful soloing in the front left or right balanced with brass choirs on the right rear and woodwinds on the left rear. When the whole band plays, it sounds very cohesive. I especially like "Portrait of Louis Armstrong" and "Thanks for the Beautiful Land on the Delta." This album is both a tribute and celebration but also a summation of portraits and musical fellowships.

As I'm only buying discs in 4+ channels these days, preferably Atmos, I'm really excited by what Rhino is issuing. If only the titles excited me.
B Sabbath Paranoid is super. Very pleased with the Doobies box. In a moment of weakness, I gambled on Alanis and AWB. While both are well presented, they are sadly listen once and shelve material for me. The same fate would likely befall the 5th grouping. I'm dreaming of more rock, prog, and contemporary jazz from the 70's, 80's, etc. I just can't get motivated to order Donny H - bummer!

As I'm only buying discs in 4+ channels these days, preferably Atmos, I'm really excited by what Rhino is issuing.
I also will not touch a high-resolution disc that does not have a multichannel layer.

I want my vinyl to be kind of deluxe-ish with content not previously released, and quite fabulously packaged.

And my CDs I’d also like some outtakes, alternate mixes, and a lengthy live disc included even if it’s a slightly rough radio concert or just the band’s board mix.

Thankfully Rhino has staff that understands these virtues and has been serving up quite a bit of content in recent years for the collector, audiophile and listeners wanting to hear more of what they already like.

I got rid of my analogue rig (Linn LP-12) and vinyl collection several years ago so, imagine the vinyl envy I have been experiencing watching the vinyl resurgence! The new ZZ set along with the other Rhino High Fidelity vinyl reissue series just makes me "sick" that I can't get into this game too. That being said, I am especially appreciative and grateful for Rhino's QUADIO and Blu-ray/Atmos series since diving head-first into the surround/immersive field! As such, would it be too much to ask Foraging Rhino if we could get the quad mix of ZZ Top's "Tres Hombres" as one of the next QUADIO's?! That indeed would "mind blowing".

I got rid of my analogue rig (Linn LP-12) and vinyl collection several years ago so, imagine the vinyl envy I have been experiencing watching the vinyl resurgence! The new ZZ set along with the other Rhino High Fidelity vinyl reissue series just makes me "sick" that I can't get into this game too. That being said, I am especially appreciative and grateful for Rhino's QUADIO and Blu-ray/Atmos series since diving head-first into the surround/immersive field! As such, would it be too much to ask Foraging Rhino if we could get the quad mix of ZZ Top's "Tres Hombres" as one of the next QUADIO's?! That indeed would "mind blowing".
I sold my vinyl rigs, SOTA Shure and Shure, back in the 80's and still haven't missed it.

I sold my vinyl rigs, SOTA Shure and Shure, back in the 80's and still haven't missed it.
I still miss my analog rig and vinyl collection(s) but that being said, I am luvin' my surround/immersive and high rez physical product collection (SACD, DVD Audio, Blu-ray and some DTS discs as well). Rhino's QUADIO series/releases have gotten the most luv/plays from me this past year + but I look forward to other releases as well...Cheers!

Mine arrived today in perfecto condition! Am now playing Graham Central Station having just listened to all of the other three. ALL SUPERB, IMO. Sonics to die for and love the eclecticism of ALL of RHINO's recent QUAD reissues!

And just read on blu~ray.com that the Rhino STOP MAKING SENSE 2 cd/Atmos BD~A combo has a different remix than the A24 Native UHD 4K disc so will be adding that to my next Rhino order.

Keep 'em coming RHINO and thanks again to Steve and his exceptional A+ team for making these stellar releases happen!

I'm in the same boat as Gene. All day today, FedEx Tracking had a status of "Out For Delivery" by end of day. But, now, it suddenly switched back to "On The Way" and it appears to still be sitting in Kansas City, where it's been since Thursday night. Guess I'm looking at Monday?
To be honest, I was shocked to see them in my mail box TODAY! Listened to all four and if your tastes are similar to mine you will be well rewarded. They are ALL exceptional sounding! The 50+ year wait is finally over and IMO, well worth the long hiatus...as the technology is now in place to finally do them justice!

Anyone notice that the Red and Yellow buttons to change from stereo to multi channel do not work on the Bette Midler BD. They work on all the others. Is this a mistake or intentional?

Daaammn. I can't believe I remember every Bread song when I hear it. Haven't listened to this stuff in many, many years.
Didn't Budgie have a song called Breadfan?? ;)
Yes and Metallica also did a great cover version of the song as well. I was surprised at how much was going on in the bread quad mix and Rhino's QUADIO certainly does it justice!

The latest Quadio batch arrived this morning. The Duke Ellington New Orleans Suite is phenomenal. It has wonderful soloing in the front left or right balanced with brass choirs on the right rear and woodwinds on the left rear. When the whole band plays, it sounds very cohesive. I especially like "Portrait of Louis Armstrong" and "Thanks for the Beautiful Land on the Delta." This album is both a tribute and celebration but also a summation of portraits and musical fellowships.
That's my favorite of the four so far. 🥃 🥃

Anyone notice that the Red and Yellow buttons to change from stereo to multi channel do not work on the Bette Midler BD. They work on all the others. Is this a mistake or intentional?
The Bette Midler disc is authored differently than all the others. The stereo and quad are on two totally different “titles” rather than being two tracks under the same title.

You can only have one set of index points per title, so if the track lengths are different between the stereo and quad mixes they have to go on different titles. Otherwise when you skip to, or select different tracks to play (or try and rip them) they'll start midway through the song, as is the case on a few lazily-authored Blu-Rays like the ABC Lexicon of Love Atmos Blu-Ray from SDE.

Back