RHINO QUADIO batch #6 - Speculation Extravaganza!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad to finally purchase another quadio set, first one since the original set last year. Although I did sub Doobie Brothers for Charles Mingus, love that we can mix and match any four to get the discount.
Looks like you'll be able to assemble your own 4-bundle packs from here on out with each new bundle - buying just your selected faves.

Arrived at my friends house today in Monrovia CA , should be with me here in sunny Crete early November ..:)

Attachments

• c9242f24-1242-42d2-ac39-71345c32c8ef.jpeg
    c9242f24-1242-42d2-ac39-71345c32c8ef.jpeg
    787.9 KB
Awesome! Crete is a very interesting place, and I've been there several times.

My DRAGON FLY arrived today, so I'm about to take off to other places :smokin
WTF!!!

Mine is playing about 1/4 the speed??? What the hell is going on?

[Update: the stereo DTS plays just fine -- it's the Quadio DTS that is very slow. Odd. My other Quadios play DTS Quadio, but I suspect it is a DTS issue with my tv that I use for a menu. Rats. Why is this one different?]

Last edited:
Well he does have one more in the vault, primarily 'Sail Away' and that disc I'm looking forward to a Quadio release.

Now In the Atmos camp , or should an interested engineer who wants to try out their quad mix skills ............please consider one of the Little Feat's 70's albums.
Now that would indeed be a worthy Feat.
Okay, NPR answers fizzy with a double-header:
  • Fresh Air's music reviewer Ken Tucker likes the Randy Newman bio better than Dwight Garner does. (Sort of. He respects the effort, anyway, if not the prose.) Plus, since it's a radio review, you get to hear a lot of Randy Newman in the course of its eight minutes.
    https://www.npr.org/2024/10/25/g-s1...n-looks-back-on-his-decades-long-music-career
  • Little Feat performs songs from their new album Sam's Place (no Atmos mix!) on World Cafe:

Ordered Foghat, J. Geils "Bloodshot" and Jefferson Starship "Dragonfly" plus Carly Simon, War and Van Morrison Moondance BR. With the 15% code and free shipping it came out to be $20 a disc. Sometimes it pays to hold off buying every title upon release. ;)

Back