Simply random stuff

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Headed out in search of discs today. I thought i might find the Rhino Records Quad bundle, but the latest Pineapple Thief release was as close as i got:
A6765EB5-8F01-4C28-A63F-B0683649EF83_1_105_c.jpeg
I did get excited when i saw the name of this store:
51FD2BB1-938C-4A92-B3E8-5CE786050C48_1_105_c.jpeg

We got that FireWire DV going!
The quality of the video from these old camcorders are a LOT more consistent than I expected, and you can actually make out enough stuff from the 480p source. I hate transcoding things so I'm seriously sacrificing 30mbps for 480p video for dozens of tape. Good thing I have enough HDD storage.
Tape is a stable medium, so why the backup? These tapes were NOT kept in the best of environments...:whistle:

On the bright side, now that I know that these camcorders work, I'm ditching 4k60 and shooting a music video on DV! Please don't shoot me.

Here's a sign that makes me think of @Sonik Wiz . . . every time We pass an exit in Japan!
View attachment 93142
I thought of @Quad Linda when i passed this bar:

View attachment 93143 . . . and XTC when i noticed what time it closed:
View attachment 93144

Hahaha etc. I visualize that @Quad Linda garage is so packed with spare 'tronics she parks on the street. But meanwhile in Tokyo the Linda Garage seems like a nice place to enjoy some sake:

https://www.facebook.com/lindagaragebar/

Attachments

• imgwfwf.png
    imgwfwf.png
    293.4 KB · Views: 0
And boxes that contain audio equipment are 'forever boxes.' :)

View attachment 93153
It's called 'thinking outside the box, SW' I once discarded a box my Meridian 861 pre/pro came in and when I went to return it.....I had to pay [get this] $150 for a new one [with ALL the requisite packing materials] when the pre/pro required repair.

Lesson learned!

Last edited:
It's called 'thinking outside the box, SW' I once discarded a box my Meridian 861 pre/pro came in and when I went to return it.....I had to pay [get this] $150 for a new one [with ALL the requisite packing materials] when the pre/pro required repair.

Lesson learned!
Hey, when a processor costs $12,000, what's another $150 for a cardboard box? :whistle:

Back