Simply random stuff

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, when a processor costs $12,000, what's another $150 for a cardboard box? :whistle:
Hate to break the news, AR, but when Meridian FIRST introduced the 861 list was $25K and I was 'lucky' to get 10% off and paid cash to avoid sales tax!

I did add a second 861 to my arsenal but dealt directly with a Meridian rep and saved a bundle .... Am in the process of upgrading that unit to v.8 status with their new 32 bit dacs.

Live and LEARN!

Last edited:
When last We were in Japan in 2019, We tried to eat at Fuunji Ramen in Shinjuku, but arrived just as they were closing. Situation rectified!
6D164CC8-DB02-4907-AECF-575E53342DE4_1_105_c.jpeg

AC848EF7-C2CE-4E10-A15E-C9089A0887C9_1_102_o.jpeg
BC0C2C5E-02B6-460F-A0AE-BE7ED4CCFE0F_1_102_o.jpeg
3FA2C659-BF54-456C-B4AE-F489C523C674_1_105_c.jpeg

Hate to break the news, AR, but when Meridian FIRST introduced the 861 list was $25K and I was 'lucky' to get 10% off and paid cash to avoid sales tax!

I did add a second 861 to my arsenal but dealt directly with a Meridian rep and saved a bundle .... Am in the process of upgrading that unit to v.8 status with their new 32 bit dacs.

Live and LEARN!
If I bought a $25k processor, Ralph, I would not only save the box but also put it in a hermetically sealed container to preserve it.

If I bought a $25k processor, Ralph, I would not only save the box but also put it in a hermetically sealed container to preserve it.
As I said, AR...live and learn. It was in the early 00's that I was so wowed by DVD~Audio that I also added the Meridian Reference 800 DVD~A player which wasn't cheap as well ...so certain DVD~A would win the format war and my dealer had it all set up in his high priced audio salon in tony Scarsdale, NY. And at the time, it did BEST his SACD set up ....by a wide margin ........

Come to find out when he went bankrupt, he also screwed Meridian out of thousands of dollars. And B&W ...and that list goes on.

And I've see used 861s on Audiogon for under $5K ............which IS a real kick in the arse ...... but then again cars lose their value out of the showroom .....

AND VERY happy to see old pal Clint Eastwood on board. MISS YOU BIG TIME, BUD! Hope all is well.

And boxes that contain audio equipment are 'forever boxes.' :)

View attachment 93153
I had a pretty nice attic over my garage in my house in Virginia, so I had a place ai could keep the boxes my speakers and some other electronics came in. I was glad to have them when we moved cross-country. Now that I’m in a house they’ll have to carry me out of, the boxes were used to kill anout half the lawn in the back yard so my wife, the landscape architect, could do her own thing.

We recently replaced two toilets, and the new ones came in three boxes each. No, they were not “really good boxes,” and they went to recycling.

weather delay

Due to severe weather, please exit the festival venue for safety. Move to your vehicles in the Campgrounds, or protected areas outside of the venue. Stay tuned for updates.

I imagine that will kill the weekend for a lot of folks there. I mean it's late Sunday afternoon and tomorrow is a school day. That's a shame.

I imagine that will kill the weekend for a lot of folks there. I mean it's late Sunday afternoon and tomorrow is a school day. That's a shame.
not so sure Bill

these are serious Foresters. They travel from all parts of the world for this party. The storm front has already went thru and Sunday night is a big night. The party wont end until 3 AM tomorrow morn ( last band performance is 2 thirty AM Monday morn )

not so sure Bill

these are serious Foresters. They travel from all parts of the world for this party. The storm front has already went thru and Sunday night is a big night. The party wont end until 3 AM tomorrow morn ( last band performance is 2 thirty AM Monday morn )

Electric Forest ⚡ 🌲

@Electric_Forest

Dust Gone, Forest On
🌲
The weather has passed and normal operations have resumed. The venue will re-open at 5:45 PM. Check the app for all schedule updates.

Back