The Beatles - Abbey Road 50th Anniversary (5.1 & Dolby Atmos mixes)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
france.jpg

Early adopters

I dunno about this preorder strategy you all have. I know you can cancel if you need to.... and there is really no down side... but still.

I never preorder. 🔥

I'm trying to understand what motivates you to preorder, Are you all thinking the France deal is a good price? Is it just the secure feeling you get by knowing its ordered? Do you enjoy the chase? Do you want to make sure you get it on release day?

I purchased TWA at a local Barnes & Noble on Thanksgiving weekend for $80. That's probably less than what most of you paid. It was a couple weeks after release, so I couldn't play it as soon as if I preordered, but that doesn't bother me. In fact, I kind of like reading what you all say about it before I get my hands (ears) on it. Doing that has saved me from getting burned more than a few times... Moody Blues, or Rush anyone?

Has anyone ever been locked out of getting some release just because you didn't preorder?

Convince me why its a good idea to preorder this.... What's the logic?

This is how it starts... you preorder... forget you preordered ... preorder again .... then you find both copies unopened on your shelf two months after they were released....

.....you look in the mirror to find

...You've become....

GOS :eek::eek::eek:

I dunno about this preorder strategy you all have. I know you can cancel if you need to.... and there is really no down side... but still.

I never preorder. 🔥

I'm trying to understand what motivates you to preorder, Are you all thinking the France deal is a good price? Is it just the secure feeling you get by knowing its ordered? Do you enjoy the chase? Do you want to make sure you get it on release day?

I purchased TWA at a local Barnes & Noble on Thanksgiving weekend for $80. That's probably less than what most of you paid. It was a couple weeks after release, so I couldn't play it as soon as if I preordered, but that doesn't bother me. In fact, I kind of like reading what you all say about it before I get my hands (ears) on it. Doing that has saved me from getting burned more than a few times... Moody Blues, or Rush anyone?

Has anyone ever been locked out of getting some release just because you didn't preorder?

This is how it starts... you preorder... forget you preordered ... preorder again .... then you find both copies unopened on your shelf two months after they were released....

...You've become....

GOS is indeed a madman across the whatsit! 🤣

however i present to you... exhibit A...

Mike Oldfield's "Crises" box set with the 5.1.

that wee thingymajig went outta print superduperultrablinkandyoumissedit quick!!!

it seemingly got reprinted or someone found a boxful in the back of a broom cupboard or something and reared its pretty little head once more briefly on Amazon before going OOP niftyquicklysupercalitubularbelladocious.. never to be seen at RRP again!!! 🤣

now i've said all that crap it'll get re-released next week!! ha!! 🤩

I never preorder. 🔥

...You've become....

In my case its because I'm :51QQ fanatical(a lunatic - delete as appropriate!) about Quad/Surround and when SACD/DVD-A appeared I didn't buy everything I thought I'd like, so a rational/irrational fear of not getting a copy :eek:

In the past I have preordered because I wanted it for a certain date...for example when I knew we'd be celebrating something here and I wanted to play some of it for certain guests. Based on everything Beatles that has preceded it, I really doubt that this Abbey Road set will sell out quickly. The timing is such that I'll probably wait and ask for it as a Christmas present from Mrs. Surround...she likes me to give her a list.

In the past I have preordered because I wanted it for a certain date...for example when I knew we'd be celebrating something here and I wanted to play some of it for certain guests. Based on everything Beatles that has preceded it, I really doubt that this Abbey Road set will sell out quickly. The timing is such that I'll probably wait and ask for it as a Christmas present from Mrs. Surround...she likes me to give her a list.

ah you're right.. its not gonna sell out anytime soon! the print run's bound to be colossal compared to most of the big-a$$ boxes we all here buy to get our surround fix!
still, my totally illogical preorder with Amazon France has been *placed* and... 2, 3, 4.. RUN!!!! BOOM!!! 💣 😱🤣

In my case its because I'm :51QQ fanatical(a lunatic - delete as appropriate!) about Quad/Surround and when SACD/DVD-A appeared I didn't buy everything I thought I'd like, so a rational/irrational fear of not getting a copy :eek:

So its FOMO.... Fear Of Missing Out... I don't think they have a pill for that.... yet. :ROFLMAO:

Back