The Beatles - Abbey Road 50th Anniversary (5.1 & Dolby Atmos mixes)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I try to avoid using my rare posts for price stuff but if this helps anyone save a little...

I held off on Bullmoose since I didn’t want to be charged immediately but once they raised their price from ~$84-$89 I wished I had. This morning I spotted on SH.tv that DeepDiscount has a 15% coupon code (ENDGAME15). This brought total shipped price to $81.66 (tax but free shipping).

Last year this is where I bought Imagine. It arrived a few days after release. Shipped to Washington, DC area.

bba9c23351534b7fb600cb6c76c7a83c.jpg

I’m holding on to my easily canceled Amazon order(s) but am satisfied this will be about as good as it gets pre-release. I avoid their sister site, importcds, because two years ago they made a complicated mess about canceling part of an order so I eventually canceled the whole thing. I’m pretending that wouldn’t be the issue if I wanted to cancel at DD.

Hey man - I was almost positive Moose does NOT charge your card until it ships....and according to their FAQ section, I am right. [emoji106]

View attachment 42450

Much appreciated. This is helpful to know for future reference.

It all worked out and I now I can look forward to the listening and kibitzing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And.....Moose will honor the lower price, if you in fact purchased it at that price. I had asked them a couple years ago about a similar issue where I ordered a product at price "A" and then they raised the price quite a bit. I still got it at price "A".

Soooooo - I will be getting this one for $83 and some change from Marty Moose.com lol

I try to avoid using my rare posts for price stuff but if this helps anyone save a little...

I held off on Bullmoose since I didn’t want to be charged immediately but once they raised their price from ~$84-$89 I wished I had. This morning I spotted on SH.tv that DeepDiscount has a 15% coupon code (ENDGAME15). This brought total shipped price to $81.66 (tax but free shipping).

Last year this is where I bought Imagine. It arrived a few days after release. Shipped to Washington, DC area.

I’m holding on to my easily canceled Amazon order(s) but am satisfied this will be about as good as it gets pre-release. I avoid their sister site, importcds, because two years ago they made a complicated mess about canceling part of an order so I eventually canceled the whole thing. I’m pretending that wouldn’t be the issue if I wanted to cancel at DD.
Well, I dropped a DEPTH discount charge on my amazon.fr order. Let's see how long this remains the lowest price! Thanks for the head's up(eace)

Nice to get back to QQ for a moment, been busy with summer vacations, weddings and now the start of football season, leaving in awhile to Levis Stadium for Cowboys at Niners.
Was happy to see all the different releases of Abbey Road, purchased my copy from CDJapan.
Listening now to stereo SHM SACD Dirty Work, Rolling Stones, oh yes, also going to see the Stones next Sunday at Levis Stadium.
Good to see everyone active and having fun.

I went to ImportCDs to check their prices. They had been lowest, $77.42, till you added in tax & shipping. I found this 10% discount code that worked: CD63FV256

Saturday, August 10, 2019 7:07 PM

ItemQtyPriceTotal
Subtotal
Promo Code: CD63FV256
Standard Shipping
Sales Tax
Total

$7.74

5%
Subtotal$77.42
Promo Code: CD63FV256($7.74)
Standard Shipping$2.99
Sales Tax$3.63
Total$76.30
Abbey Road Anniversary (Box set 3CDs + BD)
The Beatles
CD
Release date: 9/27/2019
Preorder
$77.42 $77.42

Hope this is useful for others. The $76.30 is best pre-order price I've see.

The first three Beatles albums I ever bought, all secondhand and (in the early 1970s) cheap, were Rubber Soul, the White Album (mono) and Abbey Road, and they're still the ones I go to first when I want to hear the Fabs. Loved the White Album box set as well. But Abbey Road? A modern remix and a random handful of out-takes - not even enough to get an idea of how the recording developed.

This could have been the best Beatles box yet. Instead, I'm not even half-tempted to buy it.

I went to ImportCDs to check their prices. They had been lowest, $77.42, till you added in tax & shipping. I found this 10% discount code that worked: CD63FV256

ItemQtyPriceTotal
Subtotal
Standard Shipping
Sales Tax
Total

$7.74

5%
Subtotal$77.42
Standard Shipping$2.99
Sales Tax$3.63
Total$76.30
The Beatles
CD
Preorder
$77.42 $77.42

Thanks, Imbobman ..... that ImportCD promo code WORKED [make sure you LOG IN first to activate it]. I also added Chick Corea's fabulous new Concord RBCD Antidote.

The first three Beatles albums I ever bought, all secondhand and (in the early 1970s) cheap, were Rubber Soul, the White Album (mono) and Abbey Road, and they're still the ones I go to first when I want to hear the Fabs. Loved the White Album box set as well. But Abbey Road? A modern remix and a random handful of out-takes - not even enough to get an idea of how the recording developed.

This could have been the best Beatles box yet. Instead, I'm not even half-tempted to buy it.

I remain at the opposite end of the spectrum. I wish Universal/Capitol would've released all these Beatles' 5.1/ATMOS remixes as stand alone BD~A/RBCD combos so that those who didn't covet all the extras could just have the MUSIC since so many of us already have endless remasters of the Beatles' catalogue.

Glad I could help you 4-earredwonder with the promo code. ..
& I agree with you regarding Beatles 5.1 remixes. I'm not interested in all the extras either. Though the books included are sort of nice. The CD outtakes/remixes have never/will never be played by me.
But I'm pretty sure Universal/Capitol marketing knew that the way to increase sales was to include the 5.1 Blu-ray only in the super deluxe versions.
The price is abit hefty but it's still worth it to me.

ItemQtyPriceTotal
Subtotal
Standard Shipping
Sales Tax
Total

$7.74

5%
Subtotal$77.42
Standard Shipping$2.99
Sales Tax$3.63
Total$76.30
The Beatles
CD
Preorder
$77.42 $77.42

Thanks Imbob just ordered.

Glad I could help you 4-earredwonder with the promo code. ..
& I agree with you regarding Beatles 5.1 remixes. I'm not interested in all the extras either. Though the books included are sort of nice. The CD outtakes/remixes have never/will never be played by me.
But I'm pretty sure Universal/Capitol marketing knew that the way to increase sales was to include the 5.1 Blu-ray only in the super deluxe versions.
The price is abit hefty but it's still worth it to me.

You and I are hardly alone in NOT playing the outtakes, etc. as RINGO STARR himself expressed the same sentiment. He wants the CORE MUSIC only and his one wish .... that his drums would be MORE prominent in the remixes.

Back