The Beatles - Abbey Road 50th Anniversary (5.1 & Dolby Atmos mixes)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went to ImportCDs to check their prices. They had been lowest, $77.42, till you added in tax & shipping. I found this 10% discount code that worked: CD63FV256

Saturday, August 10, 2019 7:07 PM

ItemQtyPriceTotal
Subtotal
Promo Code: CD63FV256
Standard Shipping
Sales Tax
Total

$7.74

5%
Subtotal$77.42
Promo Code: CD63FV256($7.74)
Standard Shipping$2.99
Sales Tax$3.63
Total$76.30
Abbey Road Anniversary (Box set 3CDs + BD)
The Beatles
CD
Release date: 9/27/2019
Preorder
$77.42 $77.42

Hope this is useful for others. The $76.30 is best pre-order price I've see.
amazon.fr cancelled. importcds ordered...

You people may be ordering from these outlets because of the lower cost but are you waiting a couple or a few days to receive said product? I’m curious because (love is ooooold.....love is new) I’d rather pay a bit more through Amazon to have it on release date.
I gave up caring about that a while ago. I'll pay more if it benefits a current artist, or sometimes for convenience or piece of mind, but not just to be one of the first.

You people may be ordering from these outlets because of the lower cost but are you waiting a couple or a few days to receive said product? I’m curious because (love is ooooold.....love is new) I’d rather pay a bit more through Amazon to have it on release date.

Remember that Bull Moose delivered the White Album well ahead of Amazon!

That said, I went with Amazon this time (hoping the price goes down).

Again, it's all a gamble.

Last edited:
Really the only way to save on this release is to wait a year for an Amazon Warehouse markdown. I did that for Pepper.
I ordered the WA soon after release date but from Amazon' DE and got a savings but not absolute lowest.
I waited on the Roxy Music box set because I thought they were price gouging and it offended me. And they were one of my favorite groups from that era.
When amazonuk dropped it down around $80 I finally bought. And still havent listened to all the outtakes and demos. I rarely do that with these box sets

However waiting can be risky. The Tangerine Dream set sold out and has gone to a second pressing. appears the price has been adjusted upwards. Don't think it will go to a third run when this is gone.

At this time I have placed an order with Amazon FR. It will arrive later than other vendors. Had I reacted faster I might have gone with Bullmoose afterwards.

Good for you, Perp. Usually, I wait weeks sometimes before playing my new acquisitions. As for day/date releases ..... I'm SO over it! In about 6 months [or SOONER], Amazon Warehouse Deals will blow out Abbey Road for $50~60........and as we all know ... good things come TO THOSE WHO WAIT ...... so THERE!

"This Super Deluxe Edition of Abbey Road features the new stereo album mix, sourced directly from the original eight-track session tapes."

I'm surprised. Only 8 tracks. I'd have thought they'd have 16 by the time this was recorded.

Pink Floyd moved their 1971 "Meddle" sessions to AIR because EMI *still* didn't have 16 tracks,

Last edited:
I'm hedging my bets on this one as well. I mean, it's not as if I've got nothing to listen to until the price is right!

Until then, Derek, you can always spin

See the source image

4 Virgins ......pre YOKO Yoko Ono Oh, NO!

Last edited:
Really the only way to save on this release is to wait a year for an Amazon Warehouse markdown. I did that for Pepper.
I ordered the WA soon after release date but from Amazon' DE and got a savings but not absolute lowest.
I waited on the Roxy Music box set because I thought they were price gouging and it offended me. And they were one of my favorite groups from that era.
When amazonuk dropped it down around $80 I finally bought. And still havent listened to all the outtakes and demos. I rarely do that with these box sets

However waiting can be risky. The Tangerine Dream set sold out and has gone to a second pressing. appears the price has been adjusted upwards. Don't think it will go to a third run when this is gone.

At this time I have placed an order with Amazon FR. It will arrive later than other vendors. Had I reacted faster I might have gone with Bullmoose afterwards.

Yes, you're right about waiting on this for best price. I also did that with Pepper. Amazon had many Sgt. Peppers 'used' for sale, fulfilled by them. I think many were box sets they originally sold & were returned for reason or another.
I recall I paid $80 or less for Sgt. Peppers, used. Was apprehensive it would be 'flawed' but when I got it, it was an open item in MINT shape.
The White Album super deluxe, also wind up on Ebay through 3rd party sellers, used . Many copies.....Got one there for approx. $100.
......having said all this, maybe I should for just waited & not pre-ordered Abbey Road? I guess I can still cancel if I convince myself $50-$60 will get one down the road.

Mrs. Surround is getting it for me via ImportCDs. But I won't get it until Christmas. Talk about torture...knowing that it is sitting in a closet unopened while my QQ colleagues revel in the discussion.

Back