The Beatles - Abbey Road 50th Anniversary (5.1 & Dolby Atmos mixes)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I hope they never mix that last one and just LET IT BE left alone. It’s fine in stereo. Now, if they present us with Let It Be Naked mixed in surround, that’s a different story.

Okay, 4-earred...I know you’ll have a great comeback on this one.....LOL

It would be naked without a 5.1 or Atmos remix, Perp. Although a separate surround remix of Naked would be nice ... too! Related image

What was the story behind the disaster that was Let It Be Naked anyway? It made the Phil Spector mix sound audiophile next to it! (And his mix is most definitely NOT audiophile. Noticeably a few steps back from the fidelity of the White Album.) Was it a case of the multitracks just being degraded so badly but they did what they could and released it anyway? Could it be that they actually had a real mix but the release formats of 'volume war CD' and not so great vinyl pressing are to blame? (And they horded an actual HD master?)

I bet a big problem with all these re-tinkered reissues is serious degradation in the multitracks. And no one has the balls to publically admit it. It's either that or we have the saddest over the top greed in play hoarding the goods until Paul and Ringo die or something.

I'll still take both Abby Road and Let It Be if they come out as well as Pepper's and White Album. I can turn down the high end bite faux pas and have a decent enough listen. Even though I expect more from releases of a band of this stature.

Speaking of naked... Now if someone wants to remix Two Virgins in surround! Still not sure how much of it I'd be able to sit through but I'd give it a shot. :D

Atmos mixes? Yeah... let's see proper 5.1 mixes properly mastered before we get ahead of ourselves here!

I don’t know. I haven’t heard Naked since it was released but remember liking it better than the original. Having said that, I’m going to give both albums a full listen either today or tomorrow and see if I still feel the same. Though, to sit through two full listens will be excruciating because I don’t much care for the content. :eek:

I am going to pay more money so I can get the Japanese edition from CDJapan.
I buy the Japanese versions as well but from Amazon.jp.
Cheaper and faster the CDJapan.
FWIW, the packaging of the Japanese WA was identical to domestic & Euro versions.
The only dif being SHM discs.
Japanese Sgt. Pepper packaging was unique.

FWIW, the packaging of the Japanese WA was identical to domestic & Euro versions.

Dare I ask...Do the Japanese SHM discs sound better? On second thought, better not to ask...:rolleyes:

Curious, with these being SHM discs have you been able to do a side by side with the non-SHM? Wondering if you notice a difference.

Hey milt, curious what Amazon.jp charges for a CD to ship to the U.S.; went to the site and wasn't sure about shipping charges?
Big Hi and thanks!

1. Thrilling news, this.
2. I am, for the first time ever, considering upgrading to Atmos.
3. I hope (but I don’t expect) that Revolver is next.
4. The only Beatles song I could do without is, “Don’t Pass Me By,” but a few days ago it got stuck in my head and I enjoyed it. I can sure do without “Why Don’t We Do It In The Road.”
5. It’s a great time to be a music lover.

Very much looking forward to this as Abbey road is a fantastic record.
I bought the original A1 Toshiba\EMI CD on a Friday nite in 1983 for $24.99 at the 5th & Mercer Tower which was pulled the next day.
Still a great sounding CD. A bit heavier on the bass end than the 2009 remaster.
Tells me that the 2009's were not mucked with as some think.
Funny you should say that about the bass. For many years I used the LP and then the first CD edition of Abbey Road as one of a handful of references to integrate subwoofers and evaluate bass performance. My general guideline was if I could crank it and not get the bass all boomy and one-notey, I was on the path to good mid-bass performance. It would also point out any rudimentary room buzzes too, ya know, like rattling pictures, loose doors, other exciteable room objects...

There are 3 or four other albums I used in kind of the same manner, but this one told the truth pretty quickly.

That being said, I'm very much looking forward to it. Please keep the bass reference quality.

I'm looking forward to the reviews from the Atmos guys out there as well.

What was the story behind the disaster that was Let It Be Naked anyway? It made the Phil Spector mix sound audiophile next to it! (And his mix is most definitely NOT audiophile. Noticeably a few steps back from the fidelity of the White Album.)

Speaking of naked... Now if someone wants to remix Two Virgins in surround! Still not sure how much of it I'd be able to sit through but I'd give it a shot. :D

I always thought Let It Be sounded pretty good, especially the LP, especially for a Spector production. I wouldant say it was worse than The White album.
It did have a live feel to it, which was a bit different.

Please don't give Yoko any ideas. :ROFLMAO: :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Au Contraire, ar surround. For Let It Be, I can envision a rooftop diorama with little Beatle action figures, instruments in hand ..........with a UHD 4K video with Dolby Atmos Remix and a BD~A with Atmos/5.1/3 RBCDs and a 12" x 12" deluxe hardcovered book in a custom Louis Vuitton tote .......it was their LAST LIVE GIG, after all, and what better way to celebrate than EXCESS!

Image result for let it be rooftop beatles scenes photos

LET IT BE ....... EXPEN$IVE!
After you sell all your worldly possessions to bankroll your purchase, you'll be listening to Let It Be...naked!

It only needs one disc, as far as I'm concerned... :51QQ
Careful Perp, we don't want to give people in the ivory tower any ideas. What they really should do is give the Abbey Road mix to MD to master along with a new 5.1 of Let It Be and then have him sell it as a two-fer for GBP 11.99! ;)
Wow, wishful thinking....
That would be a super bargain & sell out fast. Count me in for 2 copies.

Back