4 more Quadio titles coming in January 2024! (Titles Announced)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had all four of the last bundle but just two this time. Good Old Boys has been played many times. Likely will be the first listen for Svengali. I will be getting this bundle for sure.
I gave Svengali a listen and liked most of it. Nice discrete mix that you usually don’t get with a live recording. Will be nice to have on a disc. I have listened to GOB many times and definitely want to hear it on Blu-ray. Don’t have the other two but imo this will be a quality bundle.

"Blues in Orbit" is a standout track from Svengali. Features a younger David Sanborn on Sax. I met Sanborn several times many years ago. I mentioned that early credit he has on this album. He told me Gil Evans and him were roommates back then. That's interesting, can you imagine having Gil Evans as your roommate in NYC? My main interest in Sanborn at the time was his participation in the sessions for Roger Waters "The Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking" (Holophonics By Zuccarelli Labs) album" which I liked very much.

Anyway I suggest checking out "Blues in Orbit" if you want to sample a track from this album which is upcoming on Quadio.

Last edited:
I'm very excited about the War release, not much for the others but I will be ordering the bundle. This looks like the most varied bundle so far! It must be Rhino's intent to shake us from our comfort zone hoping that many will sample all of these artists and genres!

AWB is OK, although I'm not a big fan of that sort of pre-disco style funk.

Randy Newman, I can't recall ever listening to anything other than "Short People", which I would regard purely as a novelty song. I can't believe that some people were offended by it!

Svengali, I don't recall ever hearing Gil Evans. I'll give it a try even though I'm not a fan of Big Band, but do like some Jazz Fusion.

I'm very excited about the War release, not much for the others but I will be ordering the bundle. This looks like the most varied bundle so far! It must be Rhino's intent to shake us from our comfort zone hoping that many will sample all of these artists and genres!

AWB is OK, although I'm not a big fan of that sort of pre-disco style funk.

Svengali, I don't recall ever hearing Gil Evans. I'll give it a try even though I'm not a fan of Big Band, but do like some Jazz Fusion.
Gil Evans on this album imo does not have the feel of "Big Band" as we know it. Too progressive and modern I think. And that's a good thing. A little out there in a good way.

And maybe the AWB disc is going to be used as a demo disc in hi-fi surround showrooms, or be used to show off "immersive" multichannel music in high-resolution on physical media at some point. I really think it could show how strong 4.0 performs as one example next to 5.1 or 7.1, etc.

Randy Newman, I can't recall ever listening to anything other than "Short People", which I would regard purely as a novelty song. I can't believe that some people were offended by it!
Oh, you've heard "I Love L.A" about our west coast city by the ocean, no?

Last edited:
And the sequel to "I Love L.A." is "It's Money That Matters", which is actually an excellent tune but did not do much in sales or popularity. It's a typical sarcastic Randy tune with Mark Knopfler playing along again.

From the album Land of Dreams. I love that album. It also has Dixie Flyer on it, another favorite of mine. Knopfler is on that one too.

Roll With the Punches is on that album as well.

2023 Quadio Bundle including shipping and before any coupons: $US 92 for four quad titles and four stereo titles. ($23 per disc)

June 1977 cost of a single STEREO LP at $6 (possibly higher?) in 2023 dollars is $ 30.41.

I know, I know...back then we got a lot more for our money including clicks, pops, wow and flutter. Plus we would could read the liner notes without a magnifying glass.
I was just on the Rhino site and can't find a link to the January group. Where did you find it?

I was just on the Rhino site and can't find a link to the January group. Where did you find it?
2023 was mentioned in the post above.
Jan. 2024 was not (yet) mentioned.

We should see them listed for ordering on the 19th if we’ve been good for goodness sake!

Last edited:
I have reached out to Rhino and the Los Angeles stereo store that hosted last October's QUADIO listening/launch party to see if something similar was planned for the January 19th launch of the latest 4 titles but I haven't heard anything back. Any thoughts...

I still haven't received any e-mail notification for shipment of my 'Spinners' replacement disc 🤨

It would be good to hear some news on the progress of this issue.
Ditto, JP. But Foraging Rhino keeps assuring us that if we did order directly from RHINO our replacement discs should 'automatically' arrive! Fingers crossed!

Back