Batch #2 of Rhino Atmos Blu-Rays coming August 2024!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same, snap :LOL:

OK, odd. I ordered all 4 of batch 2. As we all know, Black Sabbath is actually not released just yet, the other 3, should be shipped first.

Ahem. I just received a shipping notice for Black Sabbath. Yet, no word on the other 3. lmao

Typical for this IT & fulfillment challenged company.

OK, odd. I ordered all 4 of batch 2. As we all know, Black Sabbath is actually not released just yet, the other 3, should be shipped first.

Ahem. I just received a shipping notice for Black Sabbath. Yet, no word on the other 3. lmao
I got a second email from Rhino 6 hours later saying the other titles shipped as well. So, all are now officially in the black hole. lol. It's all good.

I know these aren't shipping yet, but I'm a little surprised that no one seems to be excited for the first Seal album in Atmos. I've read comments like "I already have the Greatest Hits DVD". As I recall, I was very disappointed in that old DVD because the 5.1 "mixes" tracks from the first album were pretty lame upmixes. But wouldn't one expect this to be a totally new mix?? For me, Seal's first album is one of the best and freshest albums of the '90s. If the 5.1 and Atmos mixes are true new remixes, this should be quite a treasure.

Am I missing something here?

I totally just want to order this and the Sabbath Live Evil discs, but the comments I'm reading on those are fairly dismissive. Has anyone heard the Atmos mixes of either who wishes to comment on their impressions?

I know these aren't shipping yet, but I'm a little surprised that no one seems to be excited for the first Seal album in Atmos. I've read comments like "I already have the Greatest Hits DVD". As I recall, I was very disappointed in that old DVD because the 5.1 "mixes" tracks from the first album were pretty lame upmixes. But wouldn't one expect this to be a totally new mix?? For me, Seal's first album is one of the best and freshest albums of the '90s. If the 5.1 and Atmos mixes are true new remixes, this should be quite a treasure.

Possibly because it already came out back in April as a CD + Blu-Ray digipak release with Atmos... so this amray case version isn't technically "new". Most of the discussion likely occurred a few months back.

Possibly because it already came out back in April as a CD + Blu-Ray digipak release with Atmos... so this amray case version isn't technically "new". Most of the discussion likely occurred a few months back.
That was actually the second self titled Seal album with this disc in the 4 from Rhino being the first self titled album.

Finally got ordering to work, although it was a last ditch effort by me! Their website apparently doesn't work with ad blockers or at least some ad blockers. It'd be nice if the error message indicated that was the issue! Instead I got Captcha not valid - not very helpful since there wasn't one to begin with :rolleyes:

At least I finally got my order in :)

Last edited:
I passed on Seals since I have the 5.1 greatest hits DVD-A. And I bought that mainly for Crazy and Kiss from a Rose. Hard decision which I may change later depending on comments about the Atmos mix & comparisons. There's the next Quadio bundle coming up in a few so can add Seal then. For this order, I got Carly & Chicago.

Last edited:

I totally just want to order this and the Sabbath Live Evil discs, but the comments I'm reading on those are fairly dismissive. Has anyone heard the Atmos mixes of either who wishes to comment on their impressions?
I am excited about this release but am waiting to read some feedback on the Atmos mix 👍

I'm a little surprised that no one seems to be excited for the first Seal album in Atmos ... Am I missing something here?
Well, speaking for myself, and this may sound simplistic, but I don't comment on artists/bands I don't care for, so when they release something on Atmos, I don't get excited. :p

I would like to read some members reactions to the Chicago IX set before ordering. Is 25 or 6 to 4 going to be the ballsy version that is on the quad or 5.1? Or will it be the washed-out sounding version? Ditto with Make Me Smile?

..The 1975 show (Asbury Park, NJ, 8/5/75) that Spock Wall (who was the band's live sound engineer, and a consultant on the quad remix of Paranoid) mixed is featured in full on the recent super deluxe edition of Sabotage, though it appears that they were sourced from the low-bitrate mp3s available for purchase on the Wolfgang's Vault website. That version was a remix done in the '90s from the multitracks (without Wall) because all the King Biscuit mixed masters perished in the 1982 DIR vault fire. I'm pretty sure that all that as originally broadcast on KBFH was about 25 minutes, whereas the full show runs in excess of 90 minutes...
I probably knew this several times over my life but forget, so it always comes as a great shock to me.

What a terrible loss. So many great shows.

I was a faithful listener to the King Biscuit Flower Hour throughout the 80's.

Back