New David Gilmour record Luck and Strange Sept. 6 2024 (Atmos BluRay)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
while it's still not as cheap as the single disc blu-ray edition, this is now a much less (comparatively) expensive deluxe edition: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0DBVZ7DG9/
Great! I much prefer having CD and Blu-ray in the same package rather than having to buy them separately, and I'm sure the extra print materials will be great, too. I have no doubt the Amazon price will come down before release date or shortly thereafter (see: Yes' Fragile, down to less than 60% of list after just over a month!).

I like his houseboat studio. Remember seeing a documentary about David several years ago where he gave a tour of his houseboat studio.
Three men in a boat? No, a different documentary for sure. But I remember there was a short sequence on telly (BBC) in 2005 or 2006, just around his "On An Island" production. The three gentlemen shipped on the river Thames and visited D.G. on his boat "The Astoria".

Three men in a boat? No, a different documentary for sure. But I remember there was a short sequence on telly (BBC) in 2005 or 2006, just around his "On An Island" production. The three gentlemen shipped on the river Thames and visited D.G. on his boat "The Astoria".

............. and not a tin of pineapple anywhere to be seen either :sneaky::LOL:

Great! I much prefer having CD and Blu-ray in the same package rather than having to buy them separately

Absolutely! I know many prefer standalone Blu-ray releases, but count me among those who really appreciate having also a CD in the same package. I still play those accompanying CD's a lot, in the car and at home when I don't have time to sit properly for a surround experience and don't want to go through the Blu-ray's menu for the stereo track.

I've currently got the Amazon exclusive CD and the standalone Blu-Ray on order; I would've jumped on the CD/BD deluxe edition if it wasn't so much more expensive compared to what we got with Rattle That Lock and Live at Pompeii. Yes, it's gone down in price but we're still talking almost €100 for three discs.

I've currently got the Amazon exclusive CD and the standalone Blu-Ray on order; I would've jumped on the CD/BD deluxe edition if it wasn't so much more expensive compared to what we got with Rattle That Lock and Live at Pompeii. Yes, it's gone down in price but we're still talking almost €100 for three discs.
Boxset in this case is 45 euro/dollar enough for small book + 2 cd's + 1 blu ray.

Boxset in this case is 45 euro/dollar enough for smal book 2 cd's + 1 blu ray.
D'oh, the automatic redirect got me. When I click on @rtbluray's link, I get directed to amazon.de where it's 97,99€.

Edit: It's 109,99$ at amazon.com (even slightly more expensive), was this a temporary dip in price?

Just got the newsletter from Just for Kicks and it's not making things any easier to understand...
[...] what a mess...

This week SONY changed the prices for the upcoming DAVID GILMOUR boxsets for the third time. Fortunately, they became cheaper again (pre-ordered copies will of course be updated in price).

What complicates the process, however, is that there are now 2 versions of the LP & CD box sets: with and without Anton Corbijn's art print.
The boxes with artprint are significantly more expensive (119,99€ & 169,99€), the boxes without artprint cost 84,99€ and 139,99€.

Unfortunately, our contingent with artprints is almost sold out, as SONY will only equip our first orders with them. Confused? If in doubt, we'll explain it again on the phone...

With some delay, the complete HOURGLASS catalog has arrived again. The four CDs are a great tip for all prog metal fans!

Regarding the NEIL YOUNG Archives Vol. 3 box set, we have been informed by WARNER that only the version with 17 CDs will be available in this country.
The version with additional 5 Blu-rays is unfortunately only available for the US market.

Last edited:
Back