New Mystery Title Due Out Before Christmas 2024

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not to be a downer, but let's remember here that this is an artist that the OP (a newcomer to the forum) says is one "with whom he's currently working". Now while it's entirely possible that he could currently be working with Donald Fagen, Bruce Dickenson, Jimmy Page, David Lee Roth, Alice Cooper, Steve Winwood or James Taylor...

....does it seem likely?
Frankly, if this whole thing is a prank, at least it helped pass the time as we wait for Quadio Bundle #4, Rhino Atmos Batch #2, whatever SDE is going to announce next, and the next Sony Quad release. (This is where I’d insert a glass half-full emoji if this forum had one.)

Frankly, if this whole thing is a prank, at least it helped pass the time as we wait for Quadio Bundle #4, Rhino Atmos Batch #2, whatever SDE is going to announce next, and the next Sony Quad release. (This is where I’d insert a glass half-full emoji if this forum had one.)
Yeah, it's fun to play, I suppose.

And I don't think it's a prank. I take the OP at his word unless and until I have reason not to. I just see no reason to speculate that it's a big name title by a big name artist. Nothing he said in the OP indicated that.

But....maybe the dude is buds with Tom Scholz? 🤷‍♂️

He didn't say the album was from an artist he is currently working with; he said he got credible information from an artist he is currently working with about an album that is being released in surround.
True. But he also said he'd "throw in a copy of the final product when complete" to whoever first guessed correctly.

Unless he's willing to pay for one out of his own pocket, it seems he has a pretty close connection to the project, at the very least.

Unless the session tapes for Side 2 of Aja were found, you can cross that off the list. Elliot Scheiner wanted to do a surround mix early in this century, but he couldn't find all the tapes.

He didn't say the album was from an artist he is currently working with; he said he got credible information from an artist he is currently working with about an album that is being released in surround.
He's absolutely right. Being a newbie to this I have to apologize for my assumptions from the OP (had to lookup OP). LOL. If I throw out all my old assumptions and form new ones what do I have? Let's see...
Old assumptions
1) OP is a sound engineer
2) Working with a solo artist
3) Submersive was not a mistake by OP
4) Wheels is a clue
5) Sheen/Dickerson connection = Alice Cooper
New assumptions
1) OP is a Madman and we're his a-muse-ment
2) OP is working with an artist from his band or a band to promote this "submersive" mix
3) "Classic" LP and Billy Sheehan(Mr. Big)/Bruce Dickinson(Hard Rock) = Mr. Big in classic Hard Rock
4) BIG one for under the Christmas tree
So foraging thru Rhino and my new assumptions I come up with an earlier pick of mine. Jimmy & Rhino = LED ZEPPELIN. Who's bigger than Led Zeppelin in classic rock? I can't think of bigger present than that for under the Christmas tree. LOL That's what this newbie's got with the little to go on. BTW Rhino is another assumption but I'm sticking with it!
Remember, old timers, you'll have a turn dogging the ball in a dodge ball game. It's all in good fun. I'm having fun are you?

True. But he also said he'd "throw in a copy of the final product when complete" to whoever first guessed correctly.

Unless he's willing to pay for one out of his own pocket, it seems he has a pretty close connection to the project, at the very least.
Or it could mean that the final product is going to be a stand-alone release and not tied up in a big boxset.

Manfred Mann's Earth Band - The roaring Silence / Watch / Solar Fire​

If only
Plus Messin'
🙏
Which I bought after listening to it in a record booth.
Them were the days circa 1973

Not forgetting Nightingales and Bombers
As far as I'm aware, all those multitracks got lost in the mid-80s Workhouse fire. A big shame, because they presumably also included unreleased live recordings (surely they taped more than just "Waiter...", "Davy" and "Quinn" in the 70s) and studio outtakes...

Edit: Also, if there was any surround MMEB happening, I think you'd hear about it from me ;)

Last edited:
Ahh, It appears that the validity of this thread is in question as well as my integrity. A man of truth would swear he is not lying as would a deceitful liar answer the same. Only you can decide if it is real or just deception.

Herewithin lies Hint #3.
Well that sounds like the Moody Blues, but those are all MC’d.

Ahh, It appears that the validity of this thread is in question as well as my integrity. A man of truth would swear he is not lying as would a deceitful liar answer the same. Only you can decide if it is real or just deception.

Herewithin lies Hint #3.
I believe in you Santa Cl…er,
I mean Mr. Hartman.

Although I have no idea from the clues given, the fact that Bruce Dickinson and Billy Sheehan were specifically mentioned, give me great hope that the album you are hinting at is a serious ROCK album.

The music is reversible, but time is not. Turn back! Turn back! Turn back! Turn back!"

Back