Rhino Quadio Batch 5 for August 2024!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Snap, welcome to the To-listen-to Mountaineering Club :cool: procrastination is our motto :ROFLMAO:
I almost got through the three-album DV release of The Isely Brothers last night. Almost. But then, Dune 1 in 3D was discounted for Prime day, so it’s supposed to show up today. Maybe stagnation is the best I can hope for.

My "unreleased" crystal ball...
Electra:
  1. Mickey Newbury - I Came To Hear The Music (or)
  2. Bread - Best Vol. 2 (or maybe)
  3. Queen - Queen
Atlantic:
  1. Aretha Franklin - With Everything I Feel
  2. J. Geils Band - Bloodshot
Warner:
  1. Black Sabbath - Sabotage (or)
  2. James Taylor - Sweet Baby James (or maybe)
  3. Uriah Heep - Return to Fantasy

Sadly Mickey Newbury is no longer with WEA/Rhino.

Sadder still is Bloodshot as being the only confirmed unreleased quad at the Rhino vault, as per your list.
None of the others exist, I'm afraid. Confirmation provided last year by Steve, at Rhino.

With me...I'd love to see one of the three wonders from WEA Europe. (There were 5 all told)
High on my quad want list are ; Passport - Handmade, Deaf School -Second Honeymoon plus Absolute Elsewhere-In Search Of Ancient Gods.

Stupid title for a band that only had 5 albums. LOL
The Doors had six studio albums & one live album with Jim Morrison, and two studio albums without him.
Foraging Rhino noted during the first round of 4 last year that the “Tres Hombres” quad has not been found, though we know it exists or at least existed.

Please correct me if there’s been an update to this.
Has anyone asked Terry Manning?
PP&M "Lemon Tree" also can do this
And interestingly, "Lemon Tree" by Fools Garden as well.

Outside today was sunny, bright and wonderful contemplating Quadio titles this week with coffee and h20. Like these pictures previously taken;
And sometimes it's nice to have slices of watermelon with my java as I imagine yet more quad mixes to still arrive on high-resolution disc.
It's not a horrible life when you consider the alternatives.

So which Quadio titles out of the new ones coming are most of you all contemplating hearing first?

Bawa1wF.jpg

41CzGtw.jpg

Last edited:
I intend to wait patiently for the two discs I want, until they come on the retail market before Christmas.
Refuse to be tempted by bundles, free shipping, Labor Day sales. 🤑
To heck with Gnarlywood shipping snafus. 📭

The titles I'll buy four months from now are jazz & funk.
Taking a break from MOR (Middle Of the Road), Adult Contemporary, Soft Rock...
Different strokes for different folks.

Eternally thankful for the variety in this next set, long may it continue. 🍏 ☮️

Outside today was sunny, bright and wonderful contemplating Quadio titles this week with coffee and h20. Like these pictures previously taken;
And sometimes it's nice to have slices of watermelon with my java as I imagine yet more quad mixes to still arrive on high-resolution disc.
It's not a horrible life when you consider the alternatives.

So which Quadio titles out of the new ones coming are most of you all contemplating hearing first?

Bawa1wF.jpg

41CzGtw.jpg
Easy pick for me. I want to hear Bette first. I'm sure the production is stunning, as is the mix. At least it's good on the CD-4 album.

Back