RHINO QUADIO batch #6 - Speculation Extravaganza!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, @ForagingRhino, some suggestions from the Department of Further Clues:
  • What labels originally issued these quads?
  • Have any been reissued?
  • The catalog numbers added equal: "xxxxx"
  • The total band members from the 4 releases equal: "xx"
  • An unusual bit of trivia regarding one of the artists or releases?
  • The letters of the band names (or album titles) can be used to make an anagram which says: "_________......."

Thanks for article, was wondering why no Blows Against The Empire, looked it up, was a RCA release not GRUNT, DAM.
Blows is a great album and would make a great surround release.
yes, it BLOWS alright, but just not in the cards for Rhino AFAIK. I am definitely in that camp of wanting that one in surround though, as you can see what my Air Force barracks' wall looked like in black-light paint circa mid 1970's at SAC Headquarters Omaha. The barracks commander was not amused :D... and we were doing Top Secret work for the CIA :oops: :whistle: πŸ’†β€β™‚οΈ

BATE-PKJS.jpg

I'm OK giving Rhino ( Foraging - Steve) a wide spectrum for the description of genre as "Rockers"; it's all good stuff IMO (y)

These are all like little long lost diamonds that have washed up on a beach!
Yes, they are like the lost sea scrolls of popular music 1971 - 1976.
I've thought of these quad mixed masters as Sleeping Beauties waiting to be awoken from deep sleep.

A time killing exercise - anyone compared the actual colors of the Quadio packaging to the associated CD-4/QuadraDisc jacket colors?

Kirk Bayne
I’m under the impression that one or two of these never got a CD-4 release.

But yeah we’ve come up with Rod Stewart, Jefferson Starship, James Taylor, War, and Foghat when looking at colors of the covers.. With J Geils Band the only one we agree on. Pretty β€œsure thing” is β€œBloodshot” right!

If they are already manufactured, perhaps they bring the release date forward a bit.
They did in fact bump them up to Oct. rather than the fourth month mark of Nov.
So the middle of next month (expected) is the shortest time we've yet seen between bundles.

I get kind of antsy and want them soon. But when that idea enters my mind I take out a couple of surround discs that I've not played in a while or much at all and spin those. It helps hold me over.

They did in fact bump them up to Oct. rather than the fourth month mark of Nov.
So the middle of next month (expected) is the shortest time we've yet seen between bundles.

I get kind of antsy and want them soon. But when that idea enters my mind I take out a couple of surround discs that I've not played in a while or much at all and spin those. It helps hold me over.
AND that means we can get another bundle before Christmas! :SB
;)

Hey, @ForagingRhino, some suggestions from the Department of Further Clues:
  • What labels originally issued these quads?
  • Have any been reissued?
  • The catalog numbers added equal: "xxxxx"
  • The total band members from the 4 releases equal: "xx"
  • An unusual bit of trivia regarding one of the artists or releases?
  • The letters of the band names (or album titles) can be used to make an anagram which says: "_________......."
Now, now, do all the presents have to be unwrapped before Christmas morning? Santa has your list, he's given you a wink, and you know you've been good (or good enough anyway). I love the speculation but I also look forward to the surprise reveals on order day!

Back