RHINO QUADIO batch #6 - Speculation Extravaganza!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On that note, if I may ask you, @ForagingRhino, are quad tapes being digitized on strictly a "this album is planned for release" basis or are tapes that are not currently planned for release also being digitized?

I am unaware of the time and effort that goes into that side of preservation so I am curious to learn more. (And of course, music preservation is incredibly important to music lovers as a whole, but audiophiles especially.)
Great question, DE. I and others also I imagine would be interested in knowing what's being done, if Steve doesn't mind answering such a question.

Okay, I see that FR answered this upthread...that's what you get when you don't read the entire thread 1st, John/peloton! I searched the forum and don't see how I can delete my post above. If someone could let me know - feel free to message me via the forum if you prefer...thanks.

Last edited:
Vanguard also had some great classical music quad releases some of which made it out as DVDAs
It would be great to have some new bluray reissues of those as well as the rock stuff.

How cool to have some insiders like FR and SWT
Sharing information with us!
As I recall, Seymour Solomon retained Vanguard's classical titles when the label was sold to Welk. Several resurfaced on Omega CDs. I don't know the current ownership of Vanguard's classical masters.

Concord has the quad tapes of Creedence Gold. Now that truly deserves a release, but Mr. Fogarty can be, uh, a little difficult, y'know.

Concord has the quad tapes of Creedence Gold. Now that truly deserves a release, but Mr. Fogarty can be, uh, a little difficult, y'know.
I gotta say, I have a Q8 transfer of Creedence Gold, Beside the barely average sound quality afforded by the format, the mix itself is one of the worst I've ever heard. The poster boy for double stereo.

Now that the Eagles are performing LIVE shows at Las Vegas' SPHERE with more shows added in November, they'll have a change of heart as pertains to their surround catalogue since the SPHERE is currently probably the BEST surround venue in creation

Eagles Add Four Weekend Shows To Sphere Residency - Pollstar News

How You Can Win VIP Tickets To See The Eagles At The Sphere In Las ...
Is lip-syncing included? :ROFLMAO:

Back