RHINO QUADIO batch #6 - Speculation Extravaganza!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wouldn't be surprised if FM's Tusk wasn't one of the DVD-A that was ready to go, but only to be downgraded later on to DVD-V.
Seems about right.

So many reissue programs for surround music that fizzled out after very promising starts like DVD-A and Sony’s original SACD line. Here’s hoping that Quadio on BD keeps them coming for a much longer extended period.

Wouldn't be surprised if FM's Tusk wasn't one of the DVD-A that was ready to go, but only to be downgraded later on to DVD-V.
I'm pretty sure that's the case for all the Fleetwood Mac 5.1s released on DVD-V in box sets (save Rumours, which made it out in-period on DVD-A, of course).

I'm pretty sure that's the case for all the Fleetwood Mac 5.1s released on DVD-V in box sets (save Rumours, which made it out in-period on DVD-A, of course).
1975 S/T and Tusk were holdovers from the DVD-A days, but the Mirage 5.1 mix was created specifically for the 2013 box set (there’s an interview in either Tape OP or Sound On Sound where Ken Caillat mentions this).

1975 S/T and Tusk were holdovers from the DVD-A days, but the Mirage 5.1 mix was created specifically for the 2013 box set (there’s an interview in either Tape OP or Sound On Sound where Ken Caillat mentions this).
I was going to suggest that might likely be the case. The 1975 S/T is a very strong album so far as the material, and I love the 5.1 mix, a solid 10. Higher resolution might take it over the top, to a 12 actually. It's that wonderful of an album. 5.1 brought out some extra fidelity over the stereo mix imo. Outstanding material, wonderful mix in 5.1

Returning to @ForagingRhino 's image of the disc spines I think between the things he's said (two unreleased, all 'rockers') that things like Bloodshot and Energized are both likely candidates for the ones with the black spines, but I couldn't help but feel like this one looks really familiar:

1728506061166.png

Then I looked up, and the writing was almost literally on the wall, in the form of this poster I've had framed for nearly 20 years:

doobie.jpg

(Apologies for the slightly crusty picture, it's the only one I have to hand.)

I think I've mentioned it elsewhere, but one of the things I collect are vintage record store promo posters, and the poster for the Doobie Bros. Toulouse Street ("Available on Warner Bros. Records and Tapes") was one of the very first I ever got - and one of the only ones I've had framed - and kicked off an interest that's now led to a collection of probably a couple hundred posters.

So what are we thinking, could Rhino be rolling out individual Quadios of the Doobie Bros. now that the box set has been fully cleared out of the warehouse?

Well. I'm set with the Doobies box so that is an easy pass for me.
That seems like it would be a good Atmos title instead.

If one of the titles is a Doobie Brothers, let’s not forget there are many members here and elsewhere, that have wanted these titles in both Quad and Stereo. They missed out on the box set.

Let’s also not forget that the market also includes folks who only want the Stereo mix in their best presentation. So, any sales from anywhere is welcome good news to keep the Quadio program going. You can still put your own “bundle” together to get the discount by adding a title one missed before.

Sounds like a confirmation on the Doobies to me, but I would much rather see other titles.

Back