RHINO QUADIO batch #6 - Speculation Extravaganza!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad to finally purchase another quadio set, first one since the original set last year. Although I did sub Doobie Brothers for Charles Mingus, love that we can mix and match any four to get the discount.
Looks like you'll be able to assemble your own 4-bundle packs from here on out with each new bundle - buying just your selected faves.

Arrived at my friends house today in Monrovia CA , should be with me here in sunny Crete early November ..:)

Attachments

• c9242f24-1242-42d2-ac39-71345c32c8ef.jpeg
    c9242f24-1242-42d2-ac39-71345c32c8ef.jpeg
    787.9 KB
Awesome! Crete is a very interesting place, and I've been there several times.

My DRAGON FLY arrived today, so I'm about to take off to other places :smokin
WTF!!!

Mine is playing about 1/4 the speed??? What the hell is going on?

[Update: the stereo DTS plays just fine -- it's the Quadio DTS that is very slow. Odd. My other Quadios play DTS Quadio, but I suspect it is a DTS issue with my tv that I use for a menu. Rats. Why is this one different?]

Last edited:
Well he does have one more in the vault, primarily 'Sail Away' and that disc I'm looking forward to a Quadio release.

Now In the Atmos camp , or should an interested engineer who wants to try out their quad mix skills ............please consider one of the Little Feat's 70's albums.
Now that would indeed be a worthy Feat.
Okay, NPR answers fizzy with a double-header:
  • Fresh Air's music reviewer Ken Tucker likes the Randy Newman bio better than Dwight Garner does. (Sort of. He respects the effort, anyway, if not the prose.) Plus, since it's a radio review, you get to hear a lot of Randy Newman in the course of its eight minutes.
    https://www.npr.org/2024/10/25/g-s1...n-looks-back-on-his-decades-long-music-career
  • Little Feat performs songs from their new album Sam's Place (no Atmos mix!) on World Cafe:

Ordered Foghat, J. Geils "Bloodshot" and Jefferson Starship "Dragonfly" plus Carly Simon, War and Van Morrison Moondance BR. With the 15% code and free shipping it came out to be $20 a disc. Sometimes it pays to hold off buying every title upon release. ;)

Don't quite get those who downplay the J Geils Band......3 songs on Bloodshot were in regular rotation East of the Mississippi at least, what is not Rock about them? I think they are brilliant, just an opinion, heard them though out college years. Not quite sure what quads that have not been released that folks are looking for? Folks seem to pine for heavy metal... which quads would those be?

Back